IGNORED

Too many cooks?

Leaning To One Side

Is it possible there are too many coaching voices in LJ's ear?

This really isn't meant to be a defence of LJ and recent shortcomings but how many coaches do we have?  DH, JM, KC, PM.....4 just off the top of my head

Could it be we have too many in LJ's ear and it's clouding key decisions?  Many different opinions are healthy in most professions but is it detrimental in the football world?

Wass think?

10 hours ago, Superjack said:

I get the impression that he doesn't listen to anyone.

Hence the recruitment of his "assistants".

So do I.

ALL the important decisions are made by LJ, he decides the starting line up and dictates the tactics.

The assistant coaches simply take the players through the required routines dictated by LJ.

Neither assistant, unless I’m mistaken has top level experience, neither has the head coach, hence the brick wall we find ourselves up against each season.

11 hours ago, Leaning To One Side said:

This really isn't meant to be a defence of LJ and recent shortcomings but how many coaches do we have?  DH, JM, KC, PM.....4 just off the top of my head

Could it be we have too many in LJ's ear and it's clouding key decisions?  Many different opinions are healthy in most professions but is it detrimental in the football world?

Wass think?

No. Most prem clubs have an army of coaching staff and analysts. 

People reaching and searching for problems that aren’t there.

11 hours ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Wass think?

No, its simply that Lee isn't a good enough manager. Good managers dont just pick the squad but also the coaches and he's even got those wrong.

4 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

or it could be the right number, hence the reason 16 teams are below us. Just maybe

Or are 16 teams below us despite the fact the coaching is crap - we do have some really good players, some managing to shine without too much interference from the leadership - is that what Lee was referring to with his “self coaching” comment?

LJ seems to work to the management philosophy of ‘no threat’ assistants. 

That strategy is normally driven by lack of confidence in your own ability or by being a flat-track bully. Still not sure which classification to place LJ under, but beginning to have suspicions.

Either way, it’s not healthy for the organisation.

Been saying for a couple of seasons, needed a Director of Football, a wise old head, that has experience of promotions to provide a guiding hand. Well past that point now. Clear that Steve is going to stand by his man for the remainder of the season, but either achieve the play-offs or out in my view. Hopefully, Steve too won’t be able to stomach the thought of another season of negative, boring and, ultimately, unsuccessful football at The Gate.

Archived