IGNORED

Are you renewing you SC?

Red Rag

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Anything over 11 games POTD and you''ll be paying more than the cost of your current ST.

If we are in the top two after Christmas, you'll end up paying £36 per extra game above the price of your ST......if you want to see us get promoted of course?

So by buying a season ticket, I get to see over half of the league matches for nothing? Do your maths again, Lad.

36 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

So by buying a season ticket, I get to see over half of the league matches for nothing? Do your maths again, Lad.

I can see you don't understand what I'm saying......but in effect, yes.

If you are paying £414 for a season ticket (£18 per game), you are either an over 65 or under 25 sitting in central Dolman or Lansdown wings. You called me 'Lad' so I'll presume you're over 65.

If you POTD, your ticket will cost you £36 per game. Once you've watched 11 games, you will have spent the £414 cost of a season ticket. That leaves 12 games where any payment of £36 is more than a season ticket will have cost you.

If we are in with a shout of being promoted (or just playing good football) and you attend more than 11 games, you have, in effect, robbed yourself. You would have to watch less than 11 games out of 23 to make not buying a season ticket worthwhile.

If you didn't buy a season ticket, but attended every game, it would cost you £828.

Hope that makes sense.

Me and my mate will decide over next few weeks. Both of us followed City for over 60 + years each. Shouldn't really have to think but sorry Lee, your football is crap at the moment, get a grip lad, play the players in the right positions , you bought em, nobody else to blame.?

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s an interesting statement - why do you think that? And why do you think you can talk for all City supporters - not a dig, just two genuine questions ...

I think you should read my paragraph again me old mate. Obviously didnt understand my statement!

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

ST for 52 years?

I've been going regularly for 49 years, but probably didn't get a ST ticket for at least the first 25.

ST's were for the better off fans in the the Dolman and Grandstand seating, all the rest of us just queued up and paid at the turnstiles.

To be honest I can’t actually remember when I got my first ST but it was many years years ago. Like you thinking back I didn’t have one way back probably because I couldn’t afford it.

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Thanks.

That does say a record number had been sold in the 'initial period' but we don't know how the final totals compared.

I do accept though that it looks as though numbers would have been up, although it would be interesting to know the comparative annual sales to children and therefore how much money the club got in each year.

All the fans around me are like zombies staring blankly into the distance, near silent and thoroughly bored at almost every game. Many regularly leave well before the end of the match, something I haven't seen in my area up until this season.

I suspect that feeling of detachment and disenchantment is replicated around the ground and I'd be very surprised if a sizeable number don't decide they're simply not enjoying it enough to renew.

Btw, do you think the club will be announcing similar figures this year, or even improved?

I really can't see it.

I've had a season ticket since 1966 with the following exceptions.

1980 for a couple of years, standing in East End, and the club then introduced ST for standing after 1982 bankruptcy.

Since then I've only missed out for six seasons between 2005 - 2012 while living in Portugal. The exception was 2008-9 when I had one and came back for 12 games. I saw about six games per season and even a couple or so away games.

I'm considering not renewing now because I do not enjoy watching the dross that Johnson is  dishing up at home games. If he goes, I renew.

@JerrySLO

8 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Same comments are made every year by many about thinking about not renewing. Only rarely do they not - will be more season ticket holders next season than this I reckon.

Yep......lots of hot air and empty threats about not renewing - pretty much the same every season.

Bottom line is if you can afford it and commit to home fixtures then you’ll renew.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

How many not renewing will get a half season card from their better half for Xmas?

Just numbers not comments 

I'd be interested in a half season ticket to cover August until Christmas. 

Months filled with hope and excitement, then it all goes downhill 

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Christ, imagine just having to watch the second half of our seasons! Must fall under cruel and unusual punishment surely.

Someone I know through work had one bought for him by his wife this year ,after he packed in playing local football,I think a divorce is on the cards.

29 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Same comments are made every year by many about thinking about not renewing. Only rarely do they not - will be more season ticket holders next season than this I reckon.

Presuming we don't go up why would there be an increase?

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Presuming we don't go up why would there be an increase?

There always has been last few seasons so don’t see why not again. Like I said, rarely do people not renew - the quality of football has been poor this season but could easily change . It’s football and things change very quickly quite often. People were moaning like crazy at end of last 2 seasons about how we’d blown it and stopped playing good football yet it was the highest ever this season. 

I might be wrong but based on last x seasons in this league at the improved ground it’s shown an upward trend and I’d expect the same again. I’d be surprised if it went down but guess it has to plateau at some point. 

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

ST for 52 years?

I've been going regularly for 49 years, but probably didn't get a ST ticket for at least the first 25.

ST's were for the better off fans in the the Dolman and Grandstand seating, all the rest of us just queued up and paid at the turnstiles.

Rubbish! I had a season ticket for the East End during the 1970’s. I think they were introduced for our first season in the First Division, probably paid £15 if I recall correctly?

I’ve renewed, which will herald my 54th season attending Ashton Gate.

So are people renewing going to classified as “happy clappers”, which is normally a pathetic response to disagreements during exchanges.

Therefore, to counter, are people who are not renewing “glory hunters”, as all they appear to want is success (not saying I don’t though! ?)

As I’ve said somewhere before, I support Bristol City - The Club - The Team. Individuals don’t have any influence on this, now, or ever!

18 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Rubbish! I had a season ticket for the East End during the 1970’s. I think they were introduced for our first season in the First Division, probably paid £15 if I recall correctly?

Fair enough, I was in the EE for just about every div.1 game and I've never heard of that.

What was the advantage of getting one btw - presumably you had quicker entry through a designated turnstile, but what else?

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Fair enough, I was in the EE for just about every div.1 game and I've never heard of that.

What was the advantage of getting one btw - presumably you had quicker entry through a designated turnstile, but what else?

No, same turnstiles as you would have used. Advantages, I guess a cost savings, but also half the book was full of vouchers for cup matches and any away ticket only games, which were hardly ever required! No food vouchers though! ?

12 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I’ve renewed, which will herald my 54th season attending Ashton Gate.

So are people renewing going to classified as “happy clappers”, which is normally a pathetic response to disagreements during exchanges.

Therefore, to counter, are people who are not renewing “glory hunters”, as all they appear to want is success (not saying I don’t though! ?)

As I’ve said somewhere before, I support Bristol City - The Club - The Team. Individuals don’t have any influence on this, now, or ever!

Well said - 42 years of regular attendance for me, though sadly we aren't renewing our 2 not because all we want is success (which of course would be a real bonus) but because the football being served up currently is humdrum, boring, passionless and depressing to watch.

I too support Bristol City, the club, to be sure once the individuals they employ get their act together and give us fans the entertainment we deserve I'll be back as a ST holder.

Archived