IGNORED

Are you renewing you SC?

Red Rag

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

To be honest I can’t actually remember when I got my first ST but it was many years years ago. Like you thinking back I didn’t have one way back probably because I couldn’t afford it.

Was that the year the wheel fell off the treddle of the Caxton Press, RR?

37 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

No, same turnstiles as you would have used. Advantages, I guess a cost savings, but also half the book was full of vouchers for cup matches and any away ticket only games, which were hardly ever required! No food vouchers though! ?

Also no gong halves with the turnstile operator,and jumping over the said turnstile (until they put in the floor to ceiling ones),or squeezing two of you through on the one turn.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Presuming we don't go up why would there be an increase?

Bristol Sport will appeal to many people who have moved into the areas surrounding Ashton Gate.

Fans struggling to pay around £500 for a season ticket will be replaced by 'customers' not too bothered about performances or results. For them it's just something to do and £500 is peanuts to them.

Of course I’ll renew.  Over 50 years of watching City and only missed while I was at University and (I’m rather ashamed to say) from 1982-1986 when City’s slump rather fortuitously coincided with a lot of business in the music industry.  My son now goes with me, and I hope one day he’ll hand the tickets down, unless global warming gets him first.

42 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Of course I’ll renew.  Over 50 years of watching City and only missed while I was at University and (I’m rather ashamed to say) from 1982-1986 when City’s slump rather fortuitously coincided with a lot of business in the music industry.  My son now goes with me, and I hope one day he’ll hand the tickets down, unless global warming gets him first.

A very similar tale to you. I will be renewing as I don't have the rose tinted glasses for viewing the past that some seem to possess.

51 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Bristol Sport will appeal to many people who have moved into the areas surrounding Ashton Gate.

Fans struggling to pay around £500 for a season ticket will be replaced by 'customers' not too bothered about performances or results. For them it's just something to do and £500 is peanuts to them.

I've lived in BS3 for over 35 years and have never known one newcomer to the area from outside Bristol to ever be the sllghtest bit interested in watching BCFC.

As we all know many houses in BS3 are bought up by people relocating - very often from London - and they're either not interested in football or have their own team already, and in most cases that team will become their children's team too - especially as many only seem to stay for a few years before moving on.

No doubt there will be a few newcomers who will try frequenting AG, if only 'for something to do' - but a very small number imo. - and without a passion for the club they'll soon get bored with what's on offer, and the general air of gloom around them in the stands, and very likely stop coming and find something else to do.

I certainly don't see these people bumping up our ST sales and see no evidence in the make up of the crowd that might be the case.

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I've had a season ticket since 1966 with the following exceptions.

1980 for a couple of years, standing in East End, and the club then introduced ST for standing after 1982 bankruptcy.

Since then I've only missed out for six seasons between 2005 - 2012 while living in Portugal. The exception was 2008-9 when I had one and came back for 12 games. I saw about six games per season and even a couple or so away games.

I'm considering not renewing now because I do not enjoy watching the dross that Johnson is  dishing up at home games. If he goes, I renew.

@JerrySLO

Same here cant put up with no more shit football an tactics.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, when you posted ‘we should all be renewing..’ I thought you were saying ‘we should all be renewing’ - I obviously misunderstood what you meant ..

No worries. Think i was trying to be positive with the PL 19 games bit! Even though we are dreadful and us being promoted would be a travesty for other champ clubs!! 

16 hours ago, PolskRed said:

Yes. Seen much worse news n the 35+ I have been watching City, plus wouldn’t really feel right turning up just for the good times. What sort of supporter would that be? 

If we were watching football for the glory we wouldn't be City fans.  Rough with the smooth is all we know.  Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check.

20 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've renewed mine.

I've sat through some utter shite over the years, where we've been a lot worse (both in terms of performances and league position) than we are currently, so if I didn't stop going then, I'm not going to stop now! 

It’s like everyone’s had a brain wipe from anything prior to about 14/15. 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've lived in BS3 for over 35 years and have never known one newcomer to the area from outside Bristol to ever be the sllghtest bit interested in watching BCFC.

As we all know many houses in BS3 are bought up by people relocating - very often from London - and they're either not interested in football or have their own team already, and in most cases that team will become their children's team too - especially as many only seem to stay for a few years before moving on.

No doubt there will be a few newcomers who will try frequenting AG, if only 'for something to do' - but a very small number imo. - and without a passion for the club they'll soon get bored with what's on offer, and the general air of gloom around them in the stands, and very likely stop coming and find something else to do.

I certainly don't see these people bumping up our ST sales and see no evidence in the make up of the crowd that might be the case.

This is absolute nonsense in my experience.

Only last night at the Question of Sport event at AG I was sat next to two blokes that live and work in BS3, one originally from London and the other Cornwall. Both have had ST's in the Lansdown Stand with their teenage boys for the past two seasons. Different clubs, but again only yesterday I was speaking to a young chap who's Dad supported Luton but they'd moved to Leicester when he was young and so he supported Leicester (and in fact has a ST and commutes from Bristol).

At the Millwall game I was sat next to two UWE students originally from the south east, both of whom had adopted City as their team and went to games when they could. They were showing more interest and passion for the team than most of the regulars sat around me in Block A Dolman, in fact.

You must walk around with your eyes and ears shut if you've NEVER known newcomers to Bristol to be interested in watching City. Try speaking to people around you in the ground and there's many that have adopted City as their team after moving to Bristol. 

5 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Yes , I renewed , did I read somewhere that there won’t be new season cards sent out (if you have one now) as the present ones are not year dated? Your renewal will be credited to your current card....or did I dream it! ....:blink:

Just renewed mine, so I looked out for this...and no you didn't dream it!. Provided you haven't changed your seat or your category (senior under 18 etc) then your current card will just get reloaded.

31 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is absolute nonsense in my experience.

You must walk around with your eyes and ears shut if you've NEVER known newcomers to Bristol to be interested in watching City. Try speaking to people around you in the ground and there's many that have adopted City as their team after moving to Bristol. 

This

I have renewed my season ticket for the 19th time , it's a easy choice I I love watching city , yes we are not playing well at the moment but who knows what will happen next season, I think you don't fall out of love with the club just because you don't like the manager, I been watching city for over 25 years and seen some really bad football on that time but it always got better, I don't like what I see at the moment but am sure it will improve one way or another, so sticking with the club as always,

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Then you need to open your eyes a bit wider mate. They are amongst us and growing in number.

Archived