IGNORED

Is there a “bounce” in the squad?

CyderInACan

Millwall is very rarely a happy hunting ground for us but irrespective we will be somewhere from 7th to 11th at the end of this round of games. 

If theres “another Huddersfield” where a team devoid of ideas, enthusiasm and leadership capitulate, we have ten games left with, to my mind, a squad that LJ is unable to motivate. But someone could, surely?

how many times have we seen a manager sacked, be replaced temporarily by his assistant or another coach from the club, and the team instantly react with a decent winning run? 

Release the shackles and over-complications imposed by LJ and put Macca & Deano in charge. Would that give us the bounce and the impetus to take us on a run into the playoffs? 

I suppose the one reason that many people will still be optimistic about our season is that in football a bounce can come at any time, whether you change your manager or not.

A scenario: Millwall have a player sent off early in the game. City grow in confidence with the advantage and Wells scores a hat-trick against an unfortunate Millwall team.

Suddenly, City have got a crucial 3 points, have a firing striker, and the Fulham game has a different feel to it. Momentum builds. Boom.

I'm not saying we need that specific scenario, because even an undeserved smash and grab through a fluke own goal would help change the tide a wee bit.

So we don't necessarily need to change the head coach to turn our fortunes, but to answer your question, we have a talented bunch of players so yes there probably is a bounce in there. Having said that, I think they're still putting in the effort, and to have an impact, it would have to be done very soon.

3 hours ago, mozo said:

I suppose the one reason that many people will still be optimistic about our season is that in football a bounce can come at any time, whether you change your manager or not.

A scenario: Millwall have a player sent off early in the game. City grow in confidence with the advantage and Wells scores a hat-trick against an unfortunate Millwall team.

Suddenly, City have got a crucial 3 points, have a firing striker, and the Fulham game has a different feel to it. Momentum builds. Boom.

I'm not saying we need that specific scenario, because even an undeserved smash and grab through a fluke own goal would help change the tide a wee bit.

So we don't necessarily need to change the head coach to turn our fortunes, but to answer your question, we have a talented bunch of players so yes there probably is a bounce in there. Having said that, I think they're still putting in the effort, and to have an impact, it would have to be done very soon.

I thought this would happen at Derby, unfortunately we capitulated and almost throw away the win which just seemed to damage confidence further - despite the win 

the bounce can help after a change, ask Watford 4 games after Pearson. Reality is the result of a change is usually very costly and negative. What a lot of people omit is that unless you want the team run by the mascot, anyone calling for a change needs to come up with half a dozen viable alternatives; otherwise how can you interview enough people to make a decision for the better

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Millwall is very rarely a happy hunting ground for us but irrespective we will be somewhere from 7th to 11th at the end of this round of games. 

If theres “another Huddersfield” where a team devoid of ideas, enthusiasm and leadership capitulate, we have ten games left with, to my mind, a squad that LJ is unable to motivate. But someone could, surely?

how many times have we seen a manager sacked, be replaced temporarily by his assistant or another coach from the club, and the team instantly react with a decent winning run? 

Release the shackles and over-complications imposed by LJ and put Macca & Deano in charge. Would that give us the bounce and the impetus to take us on a run into the playoffs? 

I have seen us win more at Millwall more than any other ground...In fact I only remember being there and losing once...We won there last season. In fact I would say its a very happy hunting ground for us...

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I have seen us win more at Millwall more than any other ground...In fact I only remember being there and losing once...We won there last season. In fact I would say its a very happy hunting ground for us...

Interesting what the stats say. Maybe it just feels like an unlucky ground to me. 

Based on their press conferences I would not trust Holden and McAllister to be able to inspire a frenzied puppy with a  new toy.

I’d be shocked if the team could even raise a gentle jog after the coma inducing pre-match speech.

One out, all out on this one.

Archived