IGNORED

Kiko Casilla

phantom

FA Rule E3 (2) relates to “aggravated breaches” and states:

A breach of Rule E3 (1) is an “Aggravated Breach” where it includes a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability

One of Cellino’s comments made reference to one of the above and therefore the FA also charged him in accordance with Rule E3 (2).

I recall Cellini doing the same when we played Leeds. At a corner...he shouted to Ayling to mark the big bloke with the two left feet ??

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

FA Rule E3 (2) relates to “aggravated breaches” and states:

A breach of Rule E3 (1) is an “Aggravated Breach” where it includes a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability

One of Cellino’s comments made reference to one of the above and therefore the FA also charged him in accordance with Rule E3 (2).

Well i hope Leeds put an appeal in to the FA and other clubs also support Leeds. This is utter nonsense 

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is describing someone as a ‘negro’ racist? I totally get this is such a minefield in the modern world, but still can’t see the racism ...

Are you being serious?

5 minutes ago, City oz said:

Well i hope Leeds put an appeal in to the FA and other clubs also support Leeds. This is utter nonsense 

How do you appeal against a law in place. According to the law you can't mention colour.

'Mark the black man' in Spanish is...'

marca al hombre negro

if he spoke in his native tongue you can see why it sounds 'offensive' to somene.

Either way...the law states that you can't mention colour.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Are you being serious?

The word ‘negro’ means black in Spanish - the Leeds goalkeeper is Spanish and, if accounts of this incident are to be believed, it seems he described an opposition player as ‘black’ in his own language when asking a defender to mark him - is that racist? I’m not simply disagreeing with you, just discussing this subject...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The word ‘negro’ means black in Spanish - the Leeds goalkeeper is Spanish and, if accounts of this incident are to be believed, it seems he described an opposition player as ‘black’ in his own language when asking a defender to mark him - is that racist? I’m not simply disagreeing with you, just discussing this subject...

It is a racist word in this country, clearly.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It is a racist word in this country, clearly.

If your mother tongue is English and you are referring to colour, you say 'black'.

In Spanish...the word for  Black is 'Negro'.

How else does a Spanish person say the word 'Black'? ?

Not being funny mate...but if he's used the word black in his mother tongue, you can't help saying the word 'negro'.

He even brought professional lip readers to the hearing to prove that's what was said, and Nketiah as witness.

Imo...he most likely isn't racist, or used the term in a racist manner.

He described the colour of the man to mark in his native tongue. Which heard by an English speaker would be seen in this day and age as Racist.

Either way...he contavened an FA Rule.

So “Black” is a racist word?

Hmmm okay. We are told that “People of Colour” is a PC way to say things, but then what happens is that you lump EVERYONE who isn’t white into one category, hardly suitable.

Black is a colour, the same as White, Purple and Green (a nod to your disgusting away kit way back when), it’s a descriptive word.

Quite how a descriptive accurate word can be offensive is laughable.

Reading the above “FA Rules” if I say mark the tall lad at the back, what if he turns around and says I don’t identify as a Male as therefore you’ve offended me?

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

How do you appeal against a law in place. According to the law you can't mention colour.

'Mark the black man' in Spanish is...'

marca al hombre negro

if he spoke in his native tongue you can see why it sounds 'offensive' to somene.

Either way...the law states that you can't mention colour.

How about this for a scenario, there is five b@^&k players in the box and only one white. The goalie is playing for the same team as the five players. What happens if the goalie shouts watch the white fella as the opposing team takes a corner. Is that an aggravated breach or does common sense prevail that it is a figure of speech.

1 minute ago, City oz said:

How about this for a scenario, there is five b@^&k players in the box and only one white. The goalie is playing for the same team as the five players. What happens if the goalie shouts watch the white fella as the opposing team takes a corner. Is that an aggravated breach or does common sense prevail that it is a figure of speech.

What we think is common sense is neither here or there....the FA laws state you can't mention colour. It's as simple as that.

However...in your scenario, I'd hope the same law applied.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

If your mother tongue is English and you are referring to colour, you say 'black'.

In Spanish...the word for  Black is 'Negro'.

How else does a Spanish person say the word 'Black'? ?

Not being funny mate...but if he's used the word black in his mother tongue, you can't help saying the word 'negro'.

He even brought professional lip readers to the hearing to prove that's what was said, and Nketiah as witness.

Imo...he most likely isn't racist, or used the term in a racist manner.

He described the colour of the man to mark in his native tongue. Which heard by an English speaker would be seen in this day and age as Racist.

Either way...he contavened an FA Rule.

He was the only Spanish player in the Leeds team.

Follow the simple rules of not mentioning race, colour or ethnicity and there would be no problem.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He was the only Spanish player in the Leeds team.

Follow the simple rules of not mentioning race, colour or ethnicity and there would be no problem.

I agree...he made that mistake of using the word black in his mother tongue.

Imo...that doesn't make him a racist though.

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't think it is. You've got a Spanish player organising his defence, trying to do it quickly and probably doesn't know Lekos name so instinctively says negro. Now it this was Bentley saying mark the negro that would be racist as he will know in this county that word is. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“The incident took place in Charlton’s win over the Whites on 28 September”  - has anyone complained about this line in the BBC report? Surely they could have described Leeds United using a more appropriate term in this day and age rather than refer to the colour of their kit ... why not call them the ‘Yorkshire club’ or ‘Leeds’ or ‘the premier-bound team’ or anything else to avoid using ‘white’ ?

Obviously I’m not being very serious here but many people seem to proactively look for any way of being offended and insulted all day every day, they constantly search for hate and reasons to complain where often none exists ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-41337127 ? 

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Well done that team. Why should they have to change their motto. 

How do you think it would go if some one told the KIWI rugby team that you have to change your name from the old blacks. 

I think the prim and proper ones on these threads tonight need to look at reality

11 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

And that’s fine. I just find the sentence ‘I want to be able to call someone black’ odd. 

I doubt he meant wanting to call someone black even if he knew his name.....just being able to use the term ‘black’ without bring classed a racist.

it is not a racist term.......black lives matter, music of black origin etc

15 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yep. He was alleged to have said "mark the black one" wasn't he? I mean its a very strange thing to say but I don't know about racist. 

The phrase you have used is not racist. 

‘a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.‘

12 minutes ago, City oz said:

Well done that team. Why should they have to change their motto. 

How do you think it would go if some one told the KIWI rugby team that you have to change your name from the old blacks

I think the prim and proper ones on these threads tonight need to look at reality

Um... 

20 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

And that’s fine. I just find the sentence ‘I want to be able to call someone black’ odd. 

....that’s because you cut @Badger08‘s sentence in half to make it seem ‘odd’ - Badger08 posted “I want to be able to call someone black without being called a racist” - your editing was done to make it seem like Badger08 just had a desire to call someone black - now that’s odd ...

4 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Pretty obvious what I mean. It's typical of you snowflake types to twist and make out something that isn't there

Please provide evidence that I’ve twisted anything. 

Please provide evidence that I’m a ‘snowflake’ remembering that you’re the one that’s angry on the internet while I’m just winding you up and have absolutely no interest in this ‘debate’.

Archived