IGNORED

Advice needed for tomorrow

stroud

Hi all I’m going to the game tomorrow with my 12 year old son and I understand that the over train line to Bermondsey is not running tomorrow so it looks like I’m having to walk to the ground from either South Bermondsey or New cross station.

Obviously slightly concern walking from South Bermondsey to the ground with my son but I’ve just found a great looking pub by New Cross Station and it looks around 35 minutes walk away to the ground just wondered if people have drank around New Cross and is it pretty safe around there?

Cheers all

26 minutes ago, stroud said:

Hi all I’m going to the game tomorrow with my 12 year old son and I understand that the over train line to Bermondsey is not running tomorrow so it looks like I’m having to walk to the ground from either South Bermondsey or New cross station.

Obviously slightly concern walking from South Bermondsey to the ground with my son but I’ve just found a great looking pub by New Cross Station and it looks around 35 minutes walk away to the ground just wondered if people have drank around New Cross and is it pretty safe around there?

Cheers all

I go there a lot when in London and it is safe enough.

3 hours ago, stroud said:

Cheers all

Hi @stroud trains are running every 12 minutes tomorrow from London Bridge to South Bermondsey and the walkway into the away end at the Den. This is tried and tested and very safe, albeit am sure all trains will be lively.

If you really do decide to come to the wilds of New Cross south of the Den I live here and you are welcome to PM me. Will be a few of us and walking to the ground as I have done for a few years. Takes a while to get back out after mind.

Cheers ole I may pm you tomorrow if we head that way 

BcFc2009 sorry I thought I had read that on this forum tonight that the overground trains weren’t running, can’t remember who posted it through but I’ll double check the trains in the morning.

If I was on my own wouldn’t bother me so much but I don’t fancy wandering around Bermondsey with little un, mind you he’s been with me a few times now and never had bother before don’t know why but millwall is one of those grounds that makes me edgy. 

• Admin
5 hours ago, stroud said:

Cheers ole I may pm you tomorrow if we head that way 

BcFc2009 sorry I thought I had read that on this forum tonight that the overground trains weren’t running, can’t remember who posted it through but I’ll double check the trains in the morning.

If I was on my own wouldn’t bother me so much but I don’t fancy wandering around Bermondsey with little un, mind you he’s been with me a few times now and never had bother before don’t know why but millwall is one of those grounds that makes me edgy. 

I'm guessing you are referring to post 51 in this thread? Different area to where you are referring to 

5 hours ago, Olé said:

Hi @stroud trains are running every 12 minutes tomorrow from London Bridge to South Bermondsey and the walkway into the away end at the Den. This is tried and tested and very safe, albeit am sure all trains will be lively.

If you really do decide to come to the wilds of New Cross south of the Den I live here and you are welcome to PM me. Will be a few of us and walking to the ground as I have done for a few years. Takes a while to get back out after mind.

Ole is spot on and without wanting to jinx our visit later you won't even see a Millwall supporter on this commute we are kept in a completely different area to the home support 

Fair play to Ole for his offer, but am not surprised as he has always been a top bloke 

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm guessing you are referring to post 51 in this thread? Different area to where you are referring to 

Ole is spot on and without wanting to jinx our visit later you won't even see a Millwall supporter on this commute we are kept in a completely different area to the home support 

Fair play to Ole for his offer, but am not surprised as he has always been a top bloke 

That’s not quite true. The complete segregation bit.

Went last season from London Bridge to South Bermondsey and Millwall fans were on the train and at both stations there and back.

That said it was all good natured. Bit of singing but nothing more than that. We had won though. If we lose today and if Lansdown, Ashton and Johnson are on the platform I could see it getting ugly ?.

I’ve been “working” on the ex-wife for weeks. She relented and has allowed the 15 year old to join me. I wouldn’t take him if I thought there was any risk.

Enjoy the game. 3 points and we’re back on track.....

• Admin
40 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

That’s not quite true. The complete segregation bit.

Went last season from London Bridge to South Bermondsey and Millwall fans were on the train and at both stations there and back.

That said it was all good natured. Bit of singing but nothing more than that. We had won though. If we lose today and if Lansdown, Ashton and Johnson are on the platform I could see it getting ugly ?.

I’ve been “working” on the ex-wife for weeks. She relented and has allowed the 15 year old to join me. I wouldn’t take him if I thought there was any risk.

Enjoy the game. 3 points and we’re back on track.....

Didn't honestly know that 

When I have been there before we always got segregated before and after London Bridge 

8 hours ago, Olé said:

Ole where you meeting? I'm coming from Welling and usually head up to London Bridge for a drink and then come back on myself. 

@stroud as @Olé says easiest route is from London Bridge to South Bermondsey and then down the walkway to the away end.

Weather is crap up here at the mo so you don't want to be walking very long in this weather! 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Didn't honestly know that 

When I have been there before we always got segregated before and after London Bridge 

Last year's game was on the same night as Spurs vs Ajax. 

Spoke to a couple of coppers who told me that the Met were so pre-occupied with that they didn't have resource for Millwall vs City. 

1 hour ago, redrob said:

Ole where you meeting? I'm coming from Welling and usually head up to London Bridge for a drink and then come back on myself. 

New Cross. Will be waiting for them to unlock the gates after the game (usually held for 10 minutes for majority of home fans to disperse) and then walking back down Cold Blow lane.

Archived