IGNORED

Are we more Norwich or Villa?

Hampshire Red

Several people on this forum want us to go up. Tonight we have Norwich v Villa and just pretend, just for a moment, you have the chance to be the owner of BCFC.

How much would you spend of City's tightly regulated money (FFP). Villa have spent £144m and Norwich less than £2m on their teams. Some City fans dont even think their ST is worth the few hundred quid it costs!!!!!!!!!!

What would you be - a Norwich or a Villa or a BCFC, aiming to become competitive again in the Championship? I dont think this isthat  easy, do you?

13 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Several people on this forum want us to go up. Tonight we have Norwich v Villa and just pretend, just for a moment, you have the chance to be the owner of BCFC.

How much would you spend of City's tightly regulated money (FFP). Villa have spent £144m and Norwich less than £2m on their teams. Some City fans dont even think their ST is worth the few hundred quid it costs!!!!!!!!!!

What would you be - a Norwich or a Villa or a BCFC, aiming to become competitive again in the Championship? I dont think this isthat  easy, do you?

Isn’t it Norwich vs Leicester tonight?

29 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Oh dear...

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Someone needs a new wallchart fixture list ....

• Admin
7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

So who is at Wembley on Sunday? 

Did you mean Villa vs Sheffield United @Hampshire Red who were scheduled to be playing today? 

10 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Villa have spent well though. To get Schmeichal, Evans, Seyoncu, Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison, Vardy and Perez for £144m is incredible. 

Villa/Norwich/West Ham we could easily be playing any of them next season..............but.......in this div NOT the prem.

Pretty daunting prospect of any of those 3 being added to whats left in this div next season; if any of those 3 come down they will be hot favs to go straight back up again for sure.

Going by recent efforts likely to be a big chance missed this season, this afternoon looks like a real last chance saloon game for us to do anything.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Norwich seem to find good players without paying transfer fees. When they went up last, several of thier first team squad were free transfers. Just seems they have been pretty shrewd in the market.

Norwich have mostly been a well run club. Their facilities are tops , they have a lovely ground right next to the railway station and in the heart of the City and are the only league club in the county .

They are well supported and have an interesting history of success despite their geographical isolation.

We should have been looking at them for the right way to run a club since the last fifty odd years . 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

My mistake on fixture but I think I'm right on spending and the point is:if you love your club long term would you rather go up and spend £1m to try to avoid coming straight back down as Norwich did or would you want the owner to spend like Villa? 

Let’s put it this way, I wouldn’t want to risk the future of the club by overspending but sensible recruitment and good management should give us a fighting chance of staying up . 

The lower half of the Prem are not so much better than the top half of the Championship.

3 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Villa/Norwich/West Ham we could easily be playing any of them next season..............but.......in this div NOT the prem.

Pretty daunting prospect of any of those 3 being added to whats left in this div next season; if any of those 3 come down they will be hot favs to go straight back up again for sure.

Going by recent efforts likely to be a big chance missed this season, this afternoon looks like a real last chance saloon game for us to do anything.

If Vile r come down, will they get pulled by FFP. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Let’s put it this way, I wouldn’t want to risk the future of the club by overspending but sensible recruitment and good management should give us a fighting chance of staying up . 

The lower half of the Prem are not so much better than the top half of the Championship.

They are a lot better.

Archived