IGNORED

Millwall v Bristol City Match Day 36

Septic Peg

WOW what a team selection.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Has he fallen out with Henriksen I wonder?

Maenpaa

Pereira  Kalas   Baker  Dasilva 

Smith

Nagy    Paterson 

O'Dowda                   Weimann

Diedhiou

Maybe this system? 

I may be in the minority that is happy Wells is dropped. Not because I don't rate him, but because I hate seeing us play with 2 strikers and lose the midfield battle.

No point having a finisher in a team that creates nothing. Upgrade on Matty Taylor is what I called him, but we weren't playing with Matty Taylor...

Think it's O'Dowda in the central midfield spot, Paterson and Weimann trying to get close to Fam

Could be 4-1-4-1 could be, please god no 4-4-2

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I think he wants to play one up front and Wells can't play that role, I would think Weimann will be out wide giving some extra numbers in midfield so we don't get overrun like in recent games

Wells is best up front on his own going by when he's been in his best form at previous clubs.

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I think he wants to play one up front and Wells can't play that role, I would think Weimann will be out wide giving some extra numbers in midfield so we don't get overrun like in recent games

I heard Wells say he could in an interview, but maybe we're more suited to Fammy in the role, or maybe Wells isn't 100% fit. I'll have to listen to LJs reasoning when he comes on. Anyway, I'm not slaging off anyone for anything yet. I don't care who plays if we win.

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Weimann out wide is a waste of space, offers no support defensively and very little offensively. With him and COD starting, this could get very messy.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

such a strange opening to your post. Fans of LJ aren’t blind! 

How is it strange? I have kept silent on the whole LJ in or our stance (personally wouldnt be sacking him til the end of the season).....slightly touchy are we? Im not aware if your posting history but that is a very odd reaction!

All the talk this week has been about the January signings either not being up to speed or not yet adapting to our system. This is what you get with January signings so really should be no surprise that they are left out. It doesn’t mean that they won’t be good enough but some things can’t be rushed and their inclusion is a problem at the moment. Korey back is a bonus but seen nothing to warrant Callum being in.

Fancy picking O'Dowda to play AWAY AT MILLWALL.  The kid jumps tackles like he's at the olympics.

Pereira over Hunt for a game like this?!

442 is it? 

So another formation change and another SIX changes in selection.

I've been on the fence until the last week but now it's time to get rid.  Almost anybody you care to find off the street would do better until the end of the season.

I expect we'll win 6-0 now but I'll happily take the abuse if so.

Can't help but think he has no idea what he is doing. Brings in 3 new signings and none of them are in the team. What has O'Dowda done to get a start? Two centre backs on the bench, injuries aside under what circumstances do you change both your centre backs during a game?

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Weimann out wide is a waste of space, offers no support defensively and very little offensively. With him and COD starting, this could get very messy.

Weimann gets in the Refs ear and often pulls other players away creating space, those are the positives.

I think much of our trouble is that Diedhiou has never been able to form a meaningful partnership with anybody, yet he often scores the goals so we have to fit him in somehow. He also defends more than our defenders at times. It looks like the rest of the strikers and midfieldsers are being rotated to accommodate him

Archived