IGNORED

Millwall v Bristol City Match Day 36

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

If that is true then i for one am very angry with who made that decision. They should be there supporting the club that supports them them with wages and much more. If it is not true i am angry with MacGregor.

I wouldn’t be ordering anyone to watch. I’d be telling them it’s up to them and see if they are good eggs or not. 

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

If that is true then i for one am very angry with who made that decision. They should be there supporting the club that supports them them with wages and much more. If it is not true i am angry with MacGregor.

Trouble is if true there's been a major falling out. 

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Time will tell....what's a bigger surprise to me is how surprised people are that there have been changes after that shower of shit at Huddersfield.

People would be livid on here if he'd named an unchanged side - we've lost three of the bounce, there are players there who needed dropping and everyone is surprised by it, and suddenly they've all fallen out...

Well, we'll see!

I’m not surprised at the personnel but it’s another change of formation. He will be sacked soon and when he has cleared his head he will look back with huge regrets at how it all came to this.  

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I fear it has to be true. Benkovic on the bench and Palmer our the squad are explicable. Henrikson, Bentley and Rowe all missing from the squad is either a disastrous week of injuries or a falling out.

As I say, we'll see - Benkovic has been injured, Palmer and Rowe in and out the squad for weeks now. Bentley could well be injured and Henrikson deserved being dropped.

Post match will be interesting!

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I wouldn’t be ordering anyone to watch. I’d be telling them it’s up to them and see if they are good eggs or not. 

Good point but in a team with good team spirit they would want to stay. A few games ago I saw O'Dowda speeding along Duckmore Road at about 1.45 after being told he wasn't in the 18. Now this latest rumour. It don't look good.

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Big reaction to that line up.

Again, let's wait and see how they line up and ultimately play, but I can see the process behind some of those changes.

1. Bentley - could well be injured

2. Hunt for Pereira - let's be honest Hunt has had several poor games.

3. Smith back in - well we've been over run in midfield recently...so.....

4. Henrikson out - well he had a poor game and is still working back to fitness.

5. COD for Eliasson - COD is more physical and defensively minded than Eliasson, away from home.

6. Weimann for Wells - fine if we go 4-4-2, that's a big call - but if we've gone 4-5-1, against Millwall, Fam is the 1 up alone.

7. Benkovic - do you know he's fit?!

Rumours of fall outs? Well we've heard it all before - if it's true and he's fallen out with Bentley, Rowe, Henrikson and Benkovic...well i'd imagine he'd be gone pretty soon and you'll find out all about it. For now though, just more facebook rumours....

Eliasson is not good in defensive but COD is worse, he brings nothing, absolutely nothing. Hope COD can prove me wrong today. COYR!!!

5 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:
11 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

According to MacGregor on twitter it's a free afternoon for those not in the 18. Strong rumour that Rowe and Palmer are off sight seeing rather than supporting the team. 

That does all seem odd. If you are there, you should be staying to support your team-mates.

It does kind of feel that if they were told it was a 'free afternoon' it was to save face and avoid difficult questions later if some of them refused to stay around anyway.

I said the other day that this 4-1-4-1 with Fam up top and 2 high wingers is at least a fairly proven way of winning games for us, especially away from home.

I feel in LJs time here the only teams he has got any consistency with is the 2nd season 442 with Pato and Reid up top. And the 4141 with Fam up top.

Not much else has worked at all. And that is why Wells signing could have had a negative impact on results, because LJ can't fit him in.

EDIT. To be fair the early season wing backs when Afobe was fit seemed to be working very well too. 

4 minutes ago, Prinny said:

We must show the identity today. I want to see Lee's busy bees. I want a reaction, I want a performance.

It's football, sometimes you don't get a result, but perform much better today. If no performance improvement with so much change, then everything is rotten.

Our team selection, formation, tactics and style of play change every week. We don’t an identity. 

Whilst a true tombola selection, something had to change , so back to the players that have been rejected by signing big in Jan. Falling out with players is a LJ speciality, and dropping Bentley , player of the season some say and Williams (after 1 error and many many greta games) are a little strange . Palmer is awol, and the 3 new signings under the LJ public bus. It is all rather extreme and emotional.

Not to say that team is poor, it is not, it is a very good one and more than capable of getting a result. It is how it the squad overall dynamic must be after these recent months of nonsense . I guess we will find out in a couple of hours. 

4 minutes ago, Prinny said:

We must show the identity today. I want to see Lee's busy bees. I want a reaction, I want a performance.

It's football, sometimes you don't get a result, but perform much better today. If no performance improvement with so much change, then everything is rotten.

What is our identity ?

I don’t know a single person who can give a decent attempt at it , including all 3 coaches

Do you think ‘Busy Bees’ is an identity (The fact we are anything but ‘Busy Bees’ is irrelevant)

Archived