IGNORED

Millwall v Bristol City Match Day 36

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Whilst a true tombola selection, something had to change , so back to the players that have been rejected by signing big in Jan. Falling out with players is a LJ speciality, and dropping Bentley , player of the season some say and Williams (after 1 error and many many greta games) are a little strange . Palmer is awol, and the 3 new signings under the LJ public bus. It is all rather extreme and emotional.

Not to say that team is poor, it is not, it is a very good one and more than capable of getting a result. It is how it the squad overall dynamic must be after these recent months of nonsense . I guess we will find out in a couple of hours. 

Bentley is injured according to Gregor 

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I said the other day that this 4-1-4-1 with Fam up top and 2 high wingers is at least a fairly proven way of winning games for us, especially away from home.

I feel in LJs time here the only teams he has got any consistency with is the 2nd season 442 with Pato and Reid up top. And the 4141 with Fam up top.

Not much else has worked at all. And that is why Wells signing could have had a negative impact on results, because LJ can't fit him in.

EDIT. To be fair the early season wing backs when Afobe was fit seemed to be working very well too. 

Both of which were kind of forced upon due to injuries and having no one else to play really. Doubt he'd have tried those if he had a full fit team 

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

The rumour is that LJ held a special training session this week, and has only picked players who managed to pass the ball forwards at least once. I'm now more optimistic for today ?

LJ doesn't know which was is forward, so how is anyone any the wiser? 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What is our identity ?

I don’t know a single person who can give a decent attempt at it , including all 3 coaches

Do you think ‘Busy Bees’ is an identity (The fact we are anything but ‘Busy Bees’ is irrelevant)

Oh I agree, but I want to see it. Because that's what the coaching staff tell us they are trying to achieve.

And if they can't do what they are trying to do (even if what they are trying to do is trash) then they and the transfer department should ALL be fired.

It would have been more shocking if there were no heated words after the last game, so talk of fallings out etc are really no great news. What is important is that finger pointing and hyperbole stops and the management and players start to look like they have met earlier than 5 minutes before the start of the game. A solid , coherent performance is required today to keep the play off hopes on track. A bit of a reset , so a chance for LJ to show he has got it under control and the players will carry out his game plan. Or not. 

I might finally lean towards the LJ out side after today if we don’t see some kind of reaction.

despite our performances over the last couple of weeks I felt Wells at least showed a bit of quality when he finally received the ball - I know he hasn’t done much, and it’s hard to put my finger on but he looked “sharper” than everyone else at least. Im late to the show today so assume he is dropped and not injured as he’s on the bench?

huge changes and I’m assuming formation change again as well back to 442?

9 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

The rumour is that LJ held a special training session this week, and has only picked players who managed to pass the ball forwards at least once. I'm now more optimistic for today ?

Presumably they did that when they trained “amazingly” before Huddersfield?

Wowsers.

Gone back to the ‘tried and tested’, who’ve failed us all before.

Really does smack of desperation and the last throw of the dice. 

Could work for a few games, then incorporate the newbies in a more measured way. ... but struth there’s only 10 games left!

If these players fail again then, seems to me, no where else left for him to go.

2-0 City. 

Archived