IGNORED

Millwall v Bristol City Match Day 36

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Training ground corner coupled with a lucky rebound from a Millwall player and a decent low drive into the goal.

Credit where it's due - it's better.

Also note that O'Dowda has actually been good in this opening spell.

First look I thought he had mis-kicked the corner. That's the level of faith I presently have in the team.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Really interested to see how we play / line-up today.

This is not a typical a MIllwall opponent.  It is hard-working, energetic, but apart from a big, ugly back three of Cooper, Williams and Pearce, it is a footballing side that can mix it.

This is not a Millwall midfield of the Terry Hurlock era.  It is Ryan Woods, the diminutive ginger midfielder formerly of ball-playing Brentford, who lost his mojo at Stoke (seems to have happened to a number of players!) and Jayson Molumby, a 20 year old on loan from BHA.  Flanked by Romeo, where for art thou Romeo....well he’ll be playing high-up as a RWB trying to squeeze our wide midfielders back and Murray Wallace, ok, he can be a bit physical.

Then they have a front three, who will stop any attempt to play out via our full-backs.  Bodvarsson will stop Hunt, Jed Wallace on Dasilva.  Bradshaw, the CF who was never quite good enough to be a transfer target for us, working between the two to close off the CBs, whilst Molumby pins to the nearest of our CMs.

With the ball, the three strikers are always on the half-turn when Woods or Molumby have the ball, but not adverse to the RCB hitting Bodvarsson on the diagonal.  They remind me a bit of Preston a couple of seasons back....that’s worrying.

I will be especially looking to see what Lee and his assistants have picked up from the home game.

There are huge gaps down the sides of the CBs in behind the high WBs.  We can get territory by playing those channels.  Pumping the ball to Fam in a 4141 is likely to be futile unless we can get runners close to him.

Time for Lee to earn his corn.  If the players aren’t executing what they were brilliant in on the training ground, either the players aren’t playing for him (I don’t think that) or the training itself isn't representative of match day.  It is this I’m quite worried about.

Safe journey travelling fans.  Let’s hope we see a result and performance akin to last season.

Rowett rustled me - 442 ???

Great move. Nagy getting forward well. Much more advanced than what we usually see. 

Pull back from Pato wasn't great and Nagy needed touch when a better pass to him he could have hit it first time. 

Good stuff.

Archived