IGNORED

Nakhi Bless Him

REDOXO

3 hours ago, City_USA said:

I agree. Feel really bad for him, especially as we have the player to compliment him in KP. Surely SL can see that the same as all the fans, and players for that matter. I'm worried about the players v LJ rumours. No smoke without fire IMO

I can confirm the rumours aren’t rumours.

I was told these things from someone who works at the club yesterday.

i obviously am not going to go into details of who told me, but the new players were hung out to dry in front of all their team mates last week at Huddersfield.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

i obviously am not going to go into details of who told me, but the new players were hung out to dry in front of all their team mates last week at Huddersfield.

Agreed, there is too much talk from too many sources for something not to be happening, we just have to trust the owners and their insight, they want it as much if not more than most of us, I guess. I would love to see what Chris Houghton could do with this set of players?

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

That is sad to hear.

21 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Doesn’t sound like Nahki or Benkovic were on the basis that they were both is the squad today?!

Could be some truth re Henriksen though ?

I agree re Benkovic being dropped after Tuesday night on basis that I think that Kalas and Baker are our best CB pairing.

Nahki is interesting though as rate his more than Wiemann up front......personally, I would have AW right wing instead of Pato 

3 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Johnson will always revert to workman like players. Weimann, Diedhoiu, Paterson, COD. Players like Wells, Palmer, Eliasson are wasted under this coach.

Can see your point with Palmer and in a way Wells. But Eliasson is joint too assisted in the division? If he’s wasted under than Johnson then imagine him under a manager who he’s not wasted under!

22 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Just spoke to a couple of friends from town who bumped into the team on the way home at the services 

said when people asked Johnson what was going on he got back on the coach in a piss 

thay said something is not right 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Today smacks of LJ for some reason bringing things to a head with Mark Ashton . Drop all 3 of Ashton’s signings that have cost the club a fortune having publicly slated two of them in midweek . This can only end with one being shown the door pretty soon I’d say !  Feel so sorry for Nhaki who must be cursing his luck . A few goals less for QPR and he’d still be there on loan and instead he’s stuck in the middle of a shit storm . What a mess !!! 

If they ain't good enough or fit enough then they shouldn't be in the team. Ive seen nothing that indicates to me that benkovic or henrikesen are worth a place at this time. Jury out on Wells after today. What a let down. 

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

We sign a very good player, bang in form and managed to turn him into a bit part player that doesn’t see the football in a forward position, from the bench. 

Nuts!

Yes Fam has been doing better but getting very poor service, Wells could definitely do better but the way he is being used he will suffer from the same poor service - he should be given the freedom to attack from midfield, which would massively improve attacking play.

Nakhi bless him ain't actually very good. I will keep saying that over and over no matter how many bad reactions I'll get.

Henriksson is it some kind of surprise that he's a bad egg when you look at what happened at Hull.

Benkovic pointless signing.

Johnson how is he still in a job.

I rather we didnt have all 4 of the above.

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

It;s early days, have some patience........I am certain we will see a lot more of Naki and the other two between now and the end of the season.........I thought we did ok today, and LJ cannot be blamed for swapping things around after the Huddersfield debacle.

Agreed, but he has to take responsibility for the Huddersfield debacle.....

4 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just spoke to a couple of friends from town who bumped into the team on the way home at the services 

said when people asked Johnson what was going on he got back on the coach in a piss 

thay said something is not right 

Of course it’s not....he’s under pressure to deliver....having been given pretty much all he’s asked for.

Today’s team selection made a mockery of previous team selections imho.  To me it feels like there is no real plan, just picking players game by game.  Players playing today who’ve hardly been involved, and in fairness (to their professionalism) putting in a shift, in another formation change, following a new one that was abandoned after 45 minutes on Tuesday.  Team selection is no longer sitting easy with me.

The only players who started today, who wasn’t here last season were Pereira and Nagy.  Of the signings made this season, Bentley and Afobe were injured, and Gilmartin is more of a coach.

Rowe, Henriksen (just signed) and Palmer not in 18.

Szmodics on loan at Peterborough.

Williams and Massengo on bench, with Wells and Benkovic (both just signed).

I feel quite annoyed that this is seen as progress.

Totally happy for OTIBers to tell me we are 7th, 2 points off the play-offs, and that I should get some perspective.  But today feels like a massive let down.

9 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

another signing who does not start. its not good enough. if there is truth about  the rumours then steve has to do something about it. so much money wasted on good players not playing. Kasey is a good example. 

I am firmly in the end of the season Johnson out camp, but are we really pretending that Kasey palmer is somehow the answer to all our troubles?

It's going to be a long and inconsistent season next year (much like this one) if we are pinning our hopes on him being the answer.

9 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nakhi bless him ain't actually very good. I will keep saying that over and over no matter how many bad reactions I'll get.

Henriksson is it some kind of surprise that he's a bad egg when you look at what happened at Hull.

9 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Because he's 6 months into a 4 year contract. Hopefully there are clauses written into the contract so it doesn't cost a fortune to sack him.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Of course it’s not....he’s under pressure to deliver....having been given pretty much all he’s asked for.

Today’s team selection made a mockery of previous team selections imho.  To me it feels like there is no real plan, just picking players game by game.  Players playing today who’ve hardly been involved, and in fairness (to their professionalism) putting in a shift, in another formation change, following a new one that was abandoned after 45 minutes on Tuesday.  Team selection is no longer sitting easy with me.

The only players who started today, who wasn’t here last season were Pereira and Nagy.  Of the signings made this season, Bentley and Afobe were injured, and Gilmartin is more of a coach.

Rowe, Henriksen (just signed) and Palmer not in 18.

Szmodics on loan at Peterborough.

Williams and Massengo on bench, with Wells and Benkovic (both just signed).

I feel quite annoyed that this is seen as progress.

Totally happy for OTIBers to tell me we are 7th, 2 points off the play-offs, and that I should get some perspective.  But today feels like a massive let down.

2BC8DD77-41A3-4AC6-A4C6-6F1A3B0916D5.jpeg

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

What did Henriksen do wrong at Hull please?

11 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I'm just glad more and more people are starting to see through this coach and see him for what he is. 

I for one cannot wait for him to go then I can get back to enjoying supporting Bristol City

Oh dear, that's not good coming from you either as you're a trusted poster.

Rumours that Bentley wasn't picked due to a falling out with Johnson - no injury. The person it comes from is reliable too unfortunately. 

I had a bad feeling about harmony in the camp for a little while, confirmed for me by the Huddersfield interviews. Something is clearly wrong, you can tell from Johnson's interview answers, his tone and body language. 

Fully understanding you wouldn’t want to reveal who you got it from PB

But any chance of expanding a bit 

Where this happened (Dressing room ? Etc) and what happened 

We heard his Huddersfield post match interview -

I take it , it’s not that to which you refer 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh dear, that's not good coming from you either as you're a trusted poster.

Rumours that Bentley wasn't picked due to a falling out with Johnson - no injury. The person it comes from is reliable too unfortunately

I had a bad feeling about harmony in the camp for a little while, confirmed for me by the Huddersfield interviews. Something is clearly wrong, you can tell from Johnson's interview answers, his tone and body language. 

Similarly PF

Can you explain re the source being regarded as reliable (Where does the Bentley rumour emanate from ?)

Posters on here claiming he was definitely injured and Johnson himself expanded on details of the injury etc so if he’s telling porkies he’s gone some way to cover it up 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Similarly PF

Can you explain re the source being regarded as reliable (Where does the Bentley rumour emanate from ?)

Posters on here claiming he was definitely injured and Johnson himself expanded on details of the injury etc so if he’s telling porkies he’s gone some way to cover it up 

So, Bentley goes from being captain at Huddersfield to being left out of the squad three days later? Just can’t see that personally.....

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Similarly PF

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

So, Bentley goes from being captain at Huddersfield to being left out of the squad three days later? Just can’t see that personally.....

I know strange isn't it, saw it from someone who's previously been very reliable on Twitter and knows Bentley. I hope it's not true, but unfortunately because of the source I believe it.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know strange isn't it, saw it from someone who's previously been very reliable on Twitter and knows Bentley. I hope it's not true, but unfortunately because of the source I believe it.

Ta PF

Any chance of a link to the twitter 

I wonder if in Bentleys case the scenario is somewhere in the middle 

Johnson explained post match that he was fit to keep except he couldn’t kick the ball long, and he debated about having him on the bench 

I wonder whether Bentley thought he was ok to play and that’s where the words may have come ((Rather than a row and Bentley left out)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ta PF

Any chance of a link to the twitter 

I wonder if in Bentleys case the scenario is somewhere in the middle 

Johnson explained post match that he was fit to keep except he couldn’t kick the ball long, and he debated about having him on the bench 

I wonder whether Bentley thought he was ok to play and that’s where the words may have come ((Rather than a row and Bentley left out)

I did try and DM you but it didn't work. I don't want to share someone's personal twitter on the forum though understandably. It might be rubbish, only something I've read from someone who's been reliable before. 

If I were Lansdown I'd be totally perplexed by the dropping of the January signings. 

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I did try and DM you but it didn't work. I don't want to share someone's personal twitter on the forum though understandably. It might be rubbish, only something I've read from someone who's been reliable before. 

If I were Lansdown I'd be totally perplexed by the dropping of the January signings. 

Ah

Fully understand (I don’t use twitter and take it the actual post by the author was a private post rather than a public one ?)

You are a sensible balanced poster and I take your view on board

I see post match he conceded the team was picked on those that had been here a while and understood what he wanted

I see we are back to ‘Players I can trust’ .....Again !

Id pose the question , and if I was SL ensuring I was absolutely clear

What players , and how many trust the Head Coach’

Anyone who seriously believes this is a happy squad with all the chopping , changing and dropping Is crackers 

57 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm just glad more and more people are starting to see through this coach and see him for what he is. 

I for one cannot wait for him to go then I can get back to enjoying supporting Bristol City

He will be gone by the summer. 

Archived