IGNORED

Nakhi Bless Him

REDOXO

On 29/02/2020 at 18:16, BigAl&Toby said:

I suppose that was what I was alluding to with my Kasey post.

The likes of Fammy, O’Dowda, Patterson, Andreas et al are consistent. Consistently shit.

Wells will go the way of Palmer. Creativity and flair and perhaps the reason we rejoiced when they signed - along with others like Kalas and JD - sucked out of them and confidence in pieces.

But hey we have the lunatics in charge. Let’s face it. A man who’s worth and made more than the OTIB collective can’t be wrong. Can he?

Course he ******* can,

Best bit of the day? Spending it with the boy. And the burritos in Paddington. ?

Fammy has been the stand out performer for a very long time now, and will prob get player of the season

56 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Fammy has been the stand out performer for a very long time now, and will prob get player of the season

Been playing much better since the sub appearance he got red carded and subsequently return from suspension.

He was below par before that and only starting games sporadically. Even Semenyo and Rodri started alongside Weimann ahead of Fam after Afobe was injured.

If Fam gets POTS he either because he’s had an amazing final 10 games (to go alongside his much improved recent performances) or others have fallen off a cliff, e.g. Bentley and Baker. 

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Been playing much better since the sub appearance he got red carded and subsequently return from suspension.

He was below par before that and only starting games sporadically. Even Semenyo and Rodri started alongside Weimann ahead of Fam after Afobe was injured.

If Fam gets POTS he either because he’s had an amazing final 10 games (to go alongside his much improved recent performances) or others have fallen off a cliff, e.g. Bentley and Baker. 

To go off on a tangent, I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with Baker due to his ineptitude on the ball. I can't give POTS to him for consistent 'no-nonsense defending'. You may as well give it William's for consistent calm and assured defending (minus 2 games). If Fam can score another 5 or 6 goals, he gets it. If not, Bentley is nailed on for me.

On 29/02/2020 at 18:16, BigAl&Toby said:

I suppose that was what I was alluding to with my Kasey post.

The likes of Fammy, O’Dowda, Patterson, Andreas et al are consistent. Consistently shit.

Wells will go the way of Palmer. Creativity and flair and perhaps the reason we rejoiced when they signed - along with others like Kalas and JD - sucked out of them and confidence in pieces.

But hey we have the lunatics in charge. Let’s face it. A man who’s worth and made more than the OTIB collective can’t be wrong. Can he?

Course he ******* can,

Best bit of the day? Spending it with the boy. And the burritos in Paddington. ?

Is this for real? ?

9 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Fell out with the manager oh wait a minute 

Did he?

As far as I’m aware, he entered his final year of his contract, didn’t want to sign a new one (had been signed as a Prem League player at the time), so McCann said he didn’t want him around.

No mention of falling out anywhere in the media as far as I’ve seen.

On 01/03/2020 at 08:08, miketh2nd said:

This thread is quite funny .... wells has had no pre season with us and only been a month of course it will take him time to adjust! 

& Johnson says that, in training, he’s the best finisher he’s ever seen at the club. We’ve got to play to his strengths with the players that will create the chances for him. 

On 01/03/2020 at 22:12, ScottishRed said:

Nail on the head!

He thinks he is a Pep ‘in waiting ‘ when in reality he is his fathers son.

His father has a good record of success and also got us to a play off final .

I would wager that GJ would have this lot playing as a team and get us into the playoffs this season if he replaced his son ! 
So what you think is a sly dig at LJ is in fact a compliment.

Further , GJ was criticised for always playing the same eleven , when available , and sticking too rigidly to a system of play , just like LJ .

On 01/03/2020 at 20:19, Phileas Fogg said:

Exactly. 

Slightly different type of players, but how did we get it so right with Afobe for those few games but have changed our style for Wells? Both thrive off clever passing basically. We aren't even trying it at the moment.

I wonder if LJ with Afobe.  LJ lets them play, they (appear) to have a natural spark together and play well.

= LJ has done it again ... next England manager etc.

Things dont gel with NW and whoever in the team ... 

= Sack LJ

Just wonder if LJ's style of coaching is to see what is naturally there and make a team around it?

Rather than ...  my teams play (this formation/style etc) and you need to learn this role 

1 hour ago, soultrader said:

I wonder if LJ with Afobe.  LJ lets them play, they (appear) to have a natural spark together and play well.

= LJ has done it again ... next England manager etc.

Things dont gel with NW and whoever in the team ... 

= Sack LJ

Just wonder if LJ's style of coaching is to see what is naturally there and make a team around it?

Rather than ...  my teams play (this formation/style etc) and you need to learn this role 

Johnson’s comments last week about players “not buying into the programme” would suggest it’s the latter. 

On 01/03/2020 at 21:12, ScottishRed said:

in reality he is his fathers son.

In which case the singing section had better revert to Giorgio Moroder's original ending, as seems most apposite:

"Surrounded and confounded by statistic fact."

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Did he?

As far as I’m aware, he entered his final year of his contract, didn’t want to sign a new one (had been signed as a Prem League player at the time), so McCann said he didn’t want him around.

No mention of falling out anywhere in the media as far as I’ve seen.

Dave was watching Hull v Barnsley on sky they mentioned on there that he was out of favour with Mc cann and they fell out.

Archived