IGNORED

Nakhi Bless Him

REDOXO

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ah

Fully understand (I don’t use twitter and take it the actual post by the author was a private post rather than a public one ?)

You are a sensible balanced poster and I take your view on board

I see post match he conceded the team was picked on those that had been here a while and understood what he wanted

I see we are back to ‘Players I can trust’ .....Again !

Id pose the question , and if I was SL ensuring I was absolutely clear

What players , and how many trust the Head Coach’

Anyone who seriously believes this is a happy squad with all the chopping , changing and dropping Is crackers 

Yep, reading between the lines it sounds like there's been an issue with Henriksen. Big shame because he looked the part against Derby and based on that game I thought he might be the spark we needed in midfield. 

I've been impressed with Wells so far, especially when you take into account the service he's received. He has a bit more to his game than I initially thought but if we don't play to his strengths it's a pointless signing. No idea on Benkovic yet. 

Fulham is a huge test, a must win really in terms of fan morale. 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Of course it’s not....he’s under pressure to deliver....having been given pretty much all he’s asked for.

Today’s team selection made a mockery of previous team selections imho.  To me it feels like there is no real plan, just picking players game by game.  Players playing today who’ve hardly been involved, and in fairness (to their professionalism) putting in a shift, in another formation change, following a new one that was abandoned after 45 minutes on Tuesday.  Team selection is no longer sitting easy with me.

The only players who started today, who wasn’t here last season were Pereira and Nagy.  Of the signings made this season, Bentley and Afobe were injured, and Gilmartin is more of a coach.

Rowe, Henriksen (just signed) and Palmer not in 18.

Szmodics on loan at Peterborough.

Williams and Massengo on bench, with Wells and Benkovic (both just signed).

I feel quite annoyed that this is seen as progress.

Totally happy for OTIBers to tell me we are 7th, 2 points off the play-offs, and that I should get some perspective.  But today feels like a massive let down.

If SL doesn't see this for what it is, then I'm very worried. 

Given SL says nothing any more, it's difficult to gauge. Addressing the fans is no longer his suit. 

I think we all know deep down this strategy (tombola) is going absolutely nowehere. 

15 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Thought Weimann did well today esp 1st half

The problem with Weimann and Diedhiou is that they both offer plenty to the dynamic of the team without being the best at their main job which is putting the ball in the back of the net .

If just one of the two was clinical it would be fine but neither is .

Moving on to Naked Wells ( predictive text makes me wail sometimes ! )  he is a class player but hasn’t yet fitted in to the way we play and looks a little lost . He doesn’t run around like Weimann or beat up the centre backs like Famaral.

It’s a dilemma that LJ is paid a handsome salary to solve .

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep, reading between the lines it sounds like there's been an issue with Henriksen. Big shame because he looked the part against Derby and based on that game I thought he might be the spark we needed in midfield. 

I've been impressed with Wells so far, especially when you take into account the service he's received. He has a bit more to his game than I initially thought but if we don't play to his strengths it's a pointless signing. No idea on Benkovic yet. 

Fulham is a huge test, a must win really in terms of fan morale. 

I think you also have to go back to the Christmas / Kasey Palmer issue and the alleged upsetting of senior players with his treatment of KP

I still think a unusually wound up Ashley Williams against Brentford wasn’t coincidental 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

The gap between his own talent and his perception of his talent is one huge gap. What talent he does have is utterly one-dimensional, easy to counter and so drives his reactive approach. All the while he thinks HE is the clever one. 

Therein lies the problem. When things don't work, it the player's fault. 

His insight into the game has evaporated. It's all waffle now. 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The problem with Weimann and Diedhiou is that they both offer plenty to the dynamic of the team without being the best at their main job which is putting the ball in the back of the net .

Moving on to Naked Wells ( predictive text makes me wail sometimes ! )  he is a class player but hasn’t yet fitted in to the way we play and looks a little lost . He doesn’t run around like Weimann or beat up the centre backs like Famaral.

Not sure there’s a centre half that’s ever been ‘beaten up’ by Famara , Major ! 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Of course it’s not....he’s under pressure to deliver....having been given pretty much all he’s asked for.

Today’s team selection made a mockery of previous team selections imho.  To me it feels like there is no real plan, just picking players game by game.  Players playing today who’ve hardly been involved, and in fairness (to their professionalism) putting in a shift, in another formation change, following a new one that was abandoned after 45 minutes on Tuesday.  Team selection is no longer sitting easy with me.

The only players who started today, who wasn’t here last season were Pereira and Nagy.  Of the signings made this season, Bentley and Afobe were injured, and Gilmartin is more of a coach.

Rowe, Henriksen (just signed) and Palmer not in 18.

Szmodics on loan at Peterborough.

Williams and Massengo on bench, with Wells and Benkovic (both just signed).

I feel quite annoyed that this is seen as progress.

Totally happy for OTIBers to tell me we are 7th, 2 points off the play-offs, and that I should get some perspective.  But today feels like a massive let down.

brilliant post mate and I think most people on this forum would say you are one of the best posters on here 

in total agreement with you and as bob would say 180 

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

They barely get any chances. I think more of the problem is creating chances than putting them away.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know strange isn't it, saw it from someone who's previously been very reliable on Twitter and knows Bentley. I hope it's not true, but unfortunately because of the source I believe it.

Joey Popes (Joe Pople I think) on Twitter I suspect. He’s a local goalie himself, his son is Bents biggest fan. Bents has given him gloves, etc. 

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

7 goals in 11 starts w/o Famara this season. 5 in 11 last season. I think he is capable of scoring.

For me, this tweet was telling!

I’m not saying full scale bust up or lost the dressing room, but this tells me there are problems. You can lay down authority by having well defined rules....like team selection.  You don’t help yourself by publicly undermining players!

We have the Sky cameras on Saturday for our 125 year anniversary. SL will not want to be made a fool of. Wonder if Wednesdays impromptu little 1-2-1 influenced yesterday’s selection. Meddling?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

... Sky cameras on Saturday for our 125 year anniversary. SL will not want to be made a fool of. Wonder if Wednesdays impromptu little 1-2-1 influenced yesterday’s selection. Meddling?

SL should be more concerned with what's best for BCFC, rather than some 2 hour Sky vanity project. 

His own pride is now possibly standing in the way. 

95% of successful clubs over the last decade would have given LJ his P45 already. Nothing personal, they just knew what to do. 

SL always seems to be that little bit short when taking the right action at the right time. Maybe that's good for inter-employee relations, but not for BCFCs ambitions on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Joey Popes (Joe Pople I think) on Twitter I suspect. He’s a local goalie himself, his son is Bents biggest fan. Bents has given him gloves, etc. 

7 goals in 11 starts w/o Famara this season. 5 in 11 last season. I think he is capable of scoring.

For me, this tweet was telling!

I’m not saying full scale bust up or lost the dressing room, but this tells me there are problems. You can lay down authority by having well defined rules....like team selection.  You don’t help yourself by publicly undermining players!

We have the Sky cameras on Saturday for our 125 year anniversary. SL will not want to be made a fool of. Wonder if Wednesdays impromptu little 1-2-1 influenced yesterday’s selection. Meddling?

At least those horrific shirts will reflect out current plan

Throw some random pieces together and just hope it comes out alright 

What do you mean by the highlighted bit mate ?

Suggesting SL having his thoughts re selection ?

11 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

SL should be more concerned with what's best for BCFC, rather than some 2 hour Sky vanity project. 

His own pride is now possibly standing in the way. 

95% of successful clubs over the last decade would have given LJ his P45 already. Nothing personal, they just knew what to do. 

SL always seems to be that little bit short when taking the right action at the right time. Maybe that's good for inter-employee relations, but not for BCFCs ambitions on the pitch. 

He should be, but he does like to make sure he gets his story out first.  I don’t think Lee will be gone, but nothing would surprise me if he was showing off a new man on Saturday lunchtime.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

At least those horrific shirts will reflect out current plan

Throw some random pieces together and just hope it comes out alright
what an analogy!! Bravo sir!!

What do you mean by the highlighted bit mate ?

Suggesting SL having his thoughts re selection ?

dunno, they met after a Tuesday night, then they had another meeting Wednesday!

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

With respect to your good self they both miss loads more chances than they put away . 

No respect needed Major ?

All about opinions.  I see a forward stifled by his partner.  It’s clear the professionals don’t see it the same as me either.

It will be very interesting to see how this all pans out. 

Rumours of fallings out are just that, rumours. But has been pointed out, something clearly isn’t right and that is being reflected on the pitch.

The idea of fallings out don’t particularly bother me in theory, to be honest you expect them, but it’s how you respond to them and overcome them. 

That is what I’ll look out for in the coming days....LJ has had his authority challenged before and is still the boss - so is he able to put his arm around these players again tomorrow and find a way to put it all behind them and move on constructively?

If not, you simply can’t have a club that sells off players every time one challenges the head coach.

R.E the ‘calling out’ of players - Let’s not act like this is exclusive to LJ, many managers do it - I thought about it yesterday when the much coveted (by OTIB) David Moyes said of Bowen something like “if we’re signing a player from Hull and expecting him to be our hero, we’re doing something wrong”. 

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

It will be very interesting to see how this all pans out. 

Rumours of fallings out are just that, rumours. But has been pointed out, something clearly isn’t right and that is being reflected on the pitch.

The idea of fallings out don’t particularly bother me in theory, to be honest you expect them, but it’s how you respond to them and overcome them. 

That is what I’ll look out for in the coming days....LJ has had his authority challenged before and is still the boss - so is he able to put his arm around these players again tomorrow and find a way to put it all behind them and move on constructively?

If not, you simply can’t have a club that sells off players every time one challenges the head coach.

R.E the ‘calling out’ of players - Let’s not act like this is exclusive to LJ, many managers do it - I thought about it yesterday when the much coveted (by OTIB) David Moyes said of Bowen something like “if we’re signing a player from Hull and expecting him to be our hero, we’re doing something wrong”. 

What Moyes said, at least on the interview I saw, was that they shouldn't be expecting him to be their saviour. 

For me that's trying to take pressure off the kid, not calling him out for anything as LJ is inclined to do at times. 

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

He will be gone by the summer. 

I'm starting to beleive this too. I think SL will wait until the for the promotions/relegations to be sorted before looking at who's available or could be tempted away. 

My big worry though is the damage amongst the squad might to too late to fix by the next man who comes in and we could lose some of the real quality we have.

14 minutes ago, glynriley said:

What Moyes said, at least on the interview I saw, was that they shouldn't be expecting him to be their saviour. 

For me that's trying to take pressure off the kid, not calling him out for anything as LJ is inclined to do at times. 

Well you could interpret it that way, I’m not so sure: the pretty widely accepted West Ham view is that David Moyes has little faith in the player and he wasn’t one of his ‘preferred’ transfer Jan targets. 

But either way, it’s a swipe at the club and/or the fans at a minimum - at a maximum also the player -  it’s not exactly a way to build up his confidence is it. If he wanted to do that, try not referring to him as a “lad from Hull” for a start. Perhaps just say, he’s for the future and needs time or something?!

The point being - many managers air their dirty laundry in front of the press.

13 hours ago, mozo said:

Say what?! I seriously need to watch the last half hour back again because I noticed that Wells dropped into midfield a lot, made a couple of good challenges, played some nice passes and made runs with intent. What did I miss?!

You probably missed him having the ball taken off his feet in midfield and him dawdling on the ball. Got a bit of stick from those around me.

He was poor yesterday imo and made no impact.

Shame, because he was one of the few (probably the only one) who came out of the Huddersfield game with any credit.

11 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well you could interpret it that way, I’m not so sure: the pretty widely accepted West Ham view is that David Moyes has little faith in the player and he wasn’t one of his ‘preferred’ transfer Jan targets. 

But either way, it’s a swipe at the club and/or the fans at a minimum - at a maximum also the player -  it’s not exactly a way to build up his confidence is it. If he wanted to do that, try not referring to him as a “lad from Hull” for a start. Perhaps just say, he’s for the future and needs time or something?!

This is what Moyes said on Friday...

“I'll assess Jarrod, see where he is at. I want Jarrod to be for the long-term. If we're signing a boy from Hull and trying to find a way for him to be the saviour, that's wrong.”

Refers to him by name twice within a couple of sentences. I reckon you’re taking it all out of context. 

18 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Generally the good managers stand by their players, stick up for them to the hilt and take responsibility publicly and to senior management and then deal with anything that needs dealing with with his staff behind closed doors. LJ is unwilling and unable to do that. 

8 minutes ago, glynriley said:

This is what Moyes said on Friday...

“I'll assess Jarrod, see where he is at. I want Jarrod to be for the long-term. If we're signing a boy from Hull and trying to find a way for him to be the saviour, that's wrong.”

Refers to him by name twice within a couple of sentences. I reckon you’re taking it all out of context. 

Fair enough mate, hands up - hadn't seen the whole quote, thanks for that. 

Still stand by general sentiment of previous post, he isn't fully trusted by Moyes, by all accounts and I still think that turn of phrase is not ideal, perhaps not a full on dig at the player (still slightly patronising IMO) by certainly a dig at fans or the club. 

19 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Sorry but I just don't agree with that argument. Moyes has previous of signing a proven Championship striker when WHU are in the mire and not using him. Two years ago he signed Hugill for £8million from PNE. Bowen would have been Moyes choice. 

He did say he is for the future (which is odd as WHU need someone now not in the future)

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Fair enough mate, hands up - hadn't seen the whole quote, thanks for that. 

Still stand by general sentiment of previous post, he isn't fully trusted by Moyes, by all accounts and I still think that turn of phrase is not ideal, perhaps not a full on dig at the player (still slightly patronising IMO) by certainly a dig at fans or the club. 

Not great from Moyes, but he has form for lowering expectations.

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Sorry but I just don't agree with that argument. Moyes has previous of signing a proven Championship striker when WHU are in the mire and not using him. Two years ago he signed Hugill for £8million from PNE. Bowen would have been Moyes choice. 

He did say he is for the future (which is odd as WHU need someone now not in the future)

Yes i've seen the full quote now - you bring in Hugill - well again, was that a Moyes signing, we don't know that, so you can't say that 100% for sure - but how did Hugill work out for Moyes and West Ham?

15 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just spoke to a couple of friends from town who bumped into the team on the way home at the services 

said when people asked Johnson what was going on he got back on the coach in a piss 

thay said something is not right 

Nothing new there.

How dare anyone question him?

I am disgusted that Johnson has the cheek to call out players for not delivering, and appearing pissed off by performances and results.

That should be restricted to 99% of posters on here only. How dare he agree with us. Whatever next.

Archived