IGNORED

'busy bees ' wtf..

WhistleHappy

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I had to go and wash my hair mid way thru, did he talk about the second half?  He seemed to base the part of the interview I listened to on our first half...which was decent enough.  But second half was awful.

Your match assesments are usually  *'head & shoulders' above LJ's  now we know why.

PS .. * No pun intended, albeit not too difficult for most people to be head & shoulders above Lee. tbf.. 

25 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Thats maybe a bit strong, even if he does DRONE on a bit too much! ...

The constant, unrelenting changes say to me very clearly that he doesn't know how to manage the team properly. The very job he's suppose to be doing. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I had to go and wash my hair mid way thru, did he talk about the second half?  He seemed to base the part of the interview I listened to on our first half...which was decent enough.  But second half was awful.

Lucky Man.

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

LJ pleased to see us being ‘busy bees, hustling and ratty’ ?

Yeah, that was weird.

He sounded overly impressed with an average performance as if by saying everything was great, it actually was.

We've seen LJ under pressure before and he generally hides it quite well. Maybe he knows he's running out of games and the weird post-match comments are symptomatic of a man who knows he's got 10 games left to save his job.

It's over mate. See out the season, contrive a positive departure story and leave us to appoint someone who can get the best out of this squad.

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

LJ pleased to see us being ‘busy bees, hustling and ratty’ ?

I have problems with this metaphor, as I don’t view Bees as “hustling and ratty”, more cheerful and generous - perhaps he meant “Wiley wasps” ? I may have been overly influenced by bee characterisation on cereal boxes as a child - such are the pitfalls of managerial metaphor!

The only thing we were busy doing was defending, and if we were busy bees then Millwall were positively buzzing second half as THAT is a team pressing all over the pitch and creating "box entry" and chance after chance. LJ is spinning this desperately.

I am happy to see us scrape anything away from home, but I have to be honest, it's so boring watching City these days, you know at best you'll see one shot on goal and long balls to no one in particular, it's like being a non-league side away in the cup.

Can anybody please explain exactly what this word 'identity' means, refers to and actually is? It's rather tedious hearing it week in and week out from Johnson without him telling us mere mortal souls what the hec it actually is.

If it's long ball and one shot on target per game then no need to respond. Oh and Lee can trot on if that is the case because short of an explanation I think he deserves both barrels from all of us until he starts entertaining us at least once a month. Not asking a lot really.

Johnson doesn’t help himself. Fair enough put a bit of spin on it and say we started brightly and then showed much improved character second half to secure a draw when we could have collapsed under pressure. But stop with the ridiculous busy bees phrase and talk of our identity being back. Even his own assistant showed he thinks it’s a loads of bollocks in the pre-match press conference. 

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Can anybody please explain exactly what this word 'identity' means, refers to and actually is? It's rather tedious hearing it week in and week out from Johnson without him telling us mere mortal souls what the hec it actually is.

If it's long ball and one shot on target per game then no need to respond. Oh and Lee can trot on if that is the case because short of an explanation I think he deserves both barrels from all of us until he starts entertaining us at least once a month. Not asking a lot really.

It's easy. 

It's a word or phrase that people, generally, might use to characterise us as a team.

So, it must be "Devoid of the basics and a bag of nerves". 

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Its is the teams expected behaviours, its principles and standards in and out of possession. This also applies to how the team will train.

Mr Johnsons idea of identity appears to be fluid. That is not an identity. That is a style. Styles change. Mr Johnsons style does frequently hence it can't be an identity as its does not have core principles to define it.

His busy bee methaphor could be a principle except the team is frequently not busy, its frequently passive and not aggressive.  The bees are drowsy.

3 hours ago, Olé said:

The only thing we were busy doing was defending, and if we were busy bees then Millwall were positively buzzing second half as THAT is a team pressing all over the pitch and creating "box entry" and chance after chance. LJ is spinning this desperately.

I am happy to see us scrape anything away from home, but I have to be honest, it's so boring watching City these days, you know at best you'll see one shot on goal and long balls to no one in particular, it's like being a non-league side away in the cup.

Spot on Rob.  I’ll take a point at Millwall, and fair play to our defensive resolve yesterday, but bar the opening 15 minutes and the odd flash in an encouraging first half, we were pretty poor over the whole 90.

Ignore the fact that the pic below is an xG chart.95CBFE53-7CC7-4AAD-BFD3-DDE23086C18A.thumb.png.43e2094ccb8046dd5ba4c1f89fbc0fba.png

We went 61 minutes, yes 61 minutes between O’Dowda’s near post volley from Fam’s cross on 20 minutes, to Fam’s blocked header from a corner on 81 minutes.  That is scandalous.

15 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Its is the teams expected behaviours, its principles and standards in and out of possession. This also applies to how the team will train.

Mr Johnsons idea of identity appears to be fluid. That is not an identity. That is a style. Styles change. Mr Johnsons style does frequently hence it can't be an identity as its does not have core principles to define it.

His busy bee methaphor could be a principle except the team is frequently not busy, its frequently passive and not aggressive.  The bees are drowsy.

Hope you are a UEFA B Licence holder 

Othetwise , you just don’t understand

Archived