IGNORED

'busy bees ' wtf..

WhistleHappy

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hope you are a UEFA B Licence holder 

Othetwise , you just don’t understand

My mentor and tutor trains the EUFA A applicants. His words "if you can't easily explain what your identity is you do not have one". Coaches, players, everybody involved should be able to express what the teams identity is. 

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

My mentor and tutor trains the EUFA A applicants. His words "if you can't easily explain what your identity is you do not have one". Coaches, players, everybody involved should be able to express what the teams identity is. 

For any coach , at any level , let alone at this level in Pro football to use ‘Busy Bees’ as a the , or at least major part of their identity simply staggering 

‘Busy Bees’ = ‘work hard’ (In and out of possession)

An expectation from any manager / coach  in just about every team sport at every level I’d suggest

Right so ...... ‘work hard’ ....... right ......

So that’s it is it Lee ......

Oh and according to Dean , ‘ getting fans off their seats’

ok , thanks , that’s reassuring 

I thought “clubs in the bag” would be Lee’s downfall, but perhaps “Busy Bees” will.  As per the original singer (Arthur Askey), he was eventually left without any legs to stand on!

@Major Isewater - I thought this pun should’ve come from you, you’ve disappointed me ???

“getting fans off their seats” - that’ll be rail seating then ???

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For any coach , at any level , let alone at this level in Pro football to use ‘Busy Bees’ as a the , or at least major part of their identity simply staggering 

An expectation from any manager / coach  in just about every team sport at every level I’d suggest

The fans have been ‘ getting off their seats ‘ and heading for the exit.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought “clubs in the bag” would be Lee’s downfall, but perhaps “Busy Bees” will.  As per the original singer (Arthur Askey), he was eventually left without any legs to stand on!

@Major Isewater - I thought this pun should’ve come from you, you’ve disappointed me ???

So you’re saying I’ve been a Major disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

“getting fans off their seats” - that’ll be rail seating then ???

Arthur Askey? Showing your age, Dave ?

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I  like the use of metaphors and acronyms to simplify information to create trained responses blah blah .. But it is not meaningful without depth.

Klopp uses full throttle football and heavy metal football .. Liverpool are. Its clear what they are.

How Lee?

Counter pressing?

High pressing?

High tempo on the ball?

Aggression in zones?

What is it you want and believe in?

Busy bees this team are not. 

I have sympathy for Dean Holden having to articulate this nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Nah, Half Man Half Biscuit - Animal Farm

Arthur Askey and Dougie-Wougie Bader went down to the Animal Farm
Dougie bored a boar with his stories from the war
And explained about the boil on his palm
Napoleon very pink offered both of them a drink
And a drink and a drink and a drink
Come the hour of four they were legless to be sure
And not one of them had even had a wink of sleep
And everybody sang as loud as they could:
Two legs bad but four legs good
This made the boys feel pretty oppressed

Came the new realm, it was A.A. at the helm
While Dougers played ‘Luftwaffe’ on the roofs
After amputating limbs all the others wrote new hymns
And a signpost read ‘Second-hand hooves’
Years passed by, double grazing in the sty
It was good, but it was total apathy
Everybody arsed around and that ‘Beasts of England’ sound
Had been ruined by a busy busy bee

And chants were heard from the East to the West
Four legs good but no legs best
Invalidity reigned supreme

One-time visitors were now the regime

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I  like the use of metaphors and acronyms to simplify information to create trained responses blab blah .. But it is not meaningful without depth.

Agree it’s a key message that May he one of the ones I would use to repeat as a reminder , part of a reoccurring key message , and probably to be one used in a short sharp reminder as players leave the dressing room or at half time 

But it does not describe an identity it’s at best , a part and to have it as the only apparent answer to the question about identity (On numerous occasions over 4 years) is mind boggling IMHO

6 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

It's easy. 

It's a word or phrase that people, generally, might use to characterise us as a team.

So, it must be "Devoid of the basics and a bag of nerves". 

For 'nerves' read shyte !

Sadly, it just ain't entertaining anymore, contrary to widely held belief winning, gaining points and league position ain't the be all and end all … there has to be fun, excitement and entertainment too...

Without that fans (who are only human afterall) eventually get bored, fed up, feel used and will wander off despite the life long lure and sense of loyalty and allegiance to 'their' club and just take an arms length interest in what's happening via radio, TV and social media...

Disillusionment creeps into the consciousness and is infectious... fans look for other forms of entertainment, albeit temporarily before 'their' club eventually strikes a cohesive chord again and we all eagerly come back to the hive again to taste the missing nectar we've been craving.

COYR's … we all know you can be so much better than this!

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on Rob.  I’ll take a point at Millwall, and fair play to our defensive resolve yesterday, but bar the opening 15 minutes and the odd flash in an encouraging first half, we were pretty poor over the whole 90.

Ignore the fact that the pic below is an xG chart.95CBFE53-7CC7-4AAD-BFD3-DDE23086C18A.thumb.png.43e2094ccb8046dd5ba4c1f89fbc0fba.png

We went 61 minutes, yes 61 minutes between O’Dowda’s near post volley from Fam’s cross on 20 minutes, to Fam’s blocked header from a corner on 81 minutes.  That is scandalous.

Never could follow Underground maps...  So is this alternative routes from Paddington?

This exAtyeoMax

You've made 87 changes this season - Lee Bowyer is the only manager that's made more. Is it a case that those players have shown you that if they perform like that, you'll keep them?

Yeah, absolutely. You don't want to make those changes. The starting point is that you won't believe what's happened to us this year; there's three books, let alone one, and one day, maybe in five years' time, that'll all come out.

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It's about time the fans did get out of their seats.

And out of the exits.

There are plenty of more entertaining seats to sit in.

But they won't. And Lansdown knows this.

7 hours ago, Superjack said:

It's about time the fans did get out of their seats.

And out of the exits.

There are plenty of more entertaining seats to sit in.

But they won't. And Lansdown knows this.

I'm done for the season, I think. 

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on Rob.  I’ll take a point at Millwall, and fair play to our defensive resolve yesterday, but bar the opening 15 minutes and the odd flash in an encouraging first half, we were pretty poor over the whole 90.

Ignore the fact that the pic below is an xG chart.95CBFE53-7CC7-4AAD-BFD3-DDE23086C18A.thumb.png.43e2094ccb8046dd5ba4c1f89fbc0fba.png

We went 61 minutes, yes 61 minutes between O’Dowda’s near post volley from Fam’s cross on 20 minutes, to Fam’s blocked header from a corner on 81 minutes.  That is scandalous.

Well, not scandalous.  Disappointing yes, but let’s get life in perspective.

15 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

For 'nerves' read shyte !

Sadly, it just ain't entertaining anymore, contrary to widely held belief winning, gaining points and league position ain't the be all and end all … there has to be fun, excitement and entertainment too...

Without that fans (who are only human afterall) eventually get bored, fed up, feel used and will wander off despite the life long lure and sense of loyalty and allegiance to 'their' club and just take an arms length interest in what's happening via radio, TV and social media...

Disillusionment creeps into the consciousness and is infectious... fans look for other forms of entertainment, albeit temporarily before 'their' club eventually strikes a cohesive chord again and we all eagerly come back to the hive again to taste the missing nectar we've been craving.

COYR's … we all know you can be so much better than this!

So the question is would you swap a dour methodical season where we grind out wins and creep into the play-offs, to everyone’s astonishment securing a win at Wembley in a game in which we’re second best, for a season of thrilling, expansive football which ends with us in mid-table?  Fans still talk about the Danny Wilson years with fondness when indeed we did play some lovely football when there was rarely a dull moment, but ultimately we achieved very little.  It’s a serious question, if there was a choice, would you rather we were entertaining or successful?

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So the question is would you swap a dour methodical season where we grind out wins and creep into the play-offs, to everyone’s astonishment securing a win at Wembley in a game in which we’re second best, for a season of thrilling, expansive football which ends with us in mid-table?  Fans still talk about the Danny Wilson years with fondness when indeed we did play some lovely football when there was rarely a dull moment, but ultimately we achieved very little.  It’s a serious question, if there was a choice, would you rather we were entertaining or successful?

How would it translate into the Prem? That's my concern…Yeah, so we do get promoted, how the hell do we survive next season? What would be the point of getting promoted if we can't play football?

35 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Can you explain how the hell we are going to win over two legs against any of the teams above us and that's before we even get to Wembley. 

12 hours ago, dave36 said:

This exAtyeoMax

You've made 87 changes this season - Lee Bowyer is the only manager that's made more. Is it a case that those players have shown you that if they perform like that, you'll keep them?

Yeah, absolutely. You don't want to make those changes. The starting point is that you won't believe what's happened to us this year; there's three books, let alone one, and one day, maybe in five years' time, that'll all come out.

It's a load of waffle. What does that even mean? Wish Gregor pressed him on that.

On 01/03/2020 at 10:44, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not really looked at this thread before but do I understand correctly, that Johnson has at last defined our "identity", and it's to be "busy bees"?

On 01/03/2020 at 10:53, CotswoldRed said:

On 01/03/2020 at 11:01, Davefevs said:

Nah, Half Man Half Biscuit - Animal Farm

Arthur Askey and Dougie-Wougie Bader went down to the Animal Farm
Dougie bored a boar with his stories from the war
And explained about the boil on his palm
Napoleon very pink offered both of them a drink
And a drink and a drink and a drink
Come the hour of four they were legless to be sure
And not one of them had even had a wink of sleep
And everybody sang as loud as they could:
Two legs bad but four legs good
This made the boys feel pretty oppressed

Came the new realm, it was A.A. at the helm
While Dougers played ‘Luftwaffe’ on the roofs
After amputating limbs all the others wrote new hymns
And a signpost read ‘Second-hand hooves’
Years passed by, double grazing in the sty
It was good, but it was total apathy
Everybody arsed around and that ‘Beasts of England’ sound
Had been ruined by a busy busy bee

Invalidity reigned supreme

One-time visitors were now the regime

Given his diminutive stature Big Hearted Arthur was my first thought (great HMHB tune BTW.)

"Hello Playmaker Mates..." I can't see that catchphrase catching on with WeeLee....

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Given his diminutive stature Big Hearted Arthur was my first thought (great HMHB tune BTW.)

"Hello Playmaker Mates..." I can't see that catchphrase catching on with WeeLee....

I’m going to see them on Friday night. They’re playing bristol!!!!

Archived