IGNORED

Breath of Fresh Air

Berkshire Red

Listening to the post match interview of Rovers manager on Radio Bristol. 

Not once has he deflected the blame - admits hes trying his best, he set the plan for the game this week and he takes full responsibility for their defeat today.

When interviewer brought up he wasnt on the pitch so cant take all the blame, he denied this and refused to shift responsibility.

Johnson in the same situation would have thrown half the team under the bus and deflected all responsibility from himself.

I find it hard to like LJ personally because I feel he really lacks professionalism. After a good few games hes all over tv, radio etc doing interviews after man united win, takes all credit for any positive performances. We all know what happens when things arent going so well

2 minutes ago, City18 said:

Not once has he deflected the blame - admits hes trying his best, he set the plan for the game this week and he takes full responsibility for their defeat today.

When interviewer brought up he wasnt on the pitch so cant take all the blame, he denied this and refused to shift responsibility.

Johnson in the same situation would have thrown half the team under the bus and deflected all responsibility from himself.

I find it hard to like LJ personally because I feel he really lacks professionalism. After a good few games hes all over tv, radio etc doing interviews after man united win, takes all credit for any positive performances. We all know what happens when things arent going so well

I really like everything that Ben Garner says and what's he's trying to achieve.

But mostly, I like the results he's getting.

Seriously, trying to play good football, taking personal responsibility all good things. He's actually everything I want a manager to busy bee.

Of course, he's utterly failing. But he sounds like the guy I want...

17 minutes ago, City18 said:

couldn't you condense this post to ….I don't like LJ....?

14 minutes ago, City18 said:

He's also presiding over an absolutely dreadfully awful run of results and has taken his team from the fringes of the automatic promotion places to firmly in the bottom half. 

I'd much prefer to have a manager who talks the occasional bullshit but has a team two points off the playoffs in the Championship, than one who talks a good game but produces sod all results.

But hey, any reason to have a go at Johnson I suppose.

22 minutes ago, City18 said:

And he’s doing so well isn’t he! 

Shall we swap managers?  

Some people....

27 minutes ago, City18 said:

Its literally the first interview ive heard where he hasnt blamed the ref for lack of penalties or red cards!

I think he’s trying to impose a style of play that his existing players have not the attributes to deliver. 

Was a bit worried, frankly, when I watched them beat Plymouth in the Cup. A well-drilled, cohesive hard-to-beat team.

Bottom line, you play to your players strengths and devise a system to fit. 

Something Lee ******** Johnson should have learnt to do. The problem with us is that LJ has so many formulas in his head, so many players at his disposal, it’s turned into a utter chaos, where nobody - not least the players - has a clue what’s going on. 

21 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

He's also presiding over an absolutely dreadfully awful run of results and has taken his team from the fringes of the automatic promotion places to firmly in the bottom half. 

I'd much prefer to have a manager who talks the occasional bullshit but has a team two points off the playoffs in the Championship, than one who talks a good game but produces sod all results.

Isn’t that what our manager is doing in what you said in your first couple of sentences 

23 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

So you would rather have a manager give bs to the fans who can actually see our identity and treat us as if we are all wrong,really?

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So you would rather have a manager give bs to the fans who can actually see our identity and treat us as if we are all wrong,really?

The bit you appear to have ignored is where he mentions having a team 2 points off the Play Offs.

LJ is far from perfect and I’ve got doubts that he will ever take us up but he’s clearly a better manager than a guy who has taken a side from 4th in L1, 2 points off top 2 to lower mid table, 15 points off the Play Offs in a couple of months.  

25 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

But the bullshit is unnecessary. Yes, the situations are not the same at Rovers as they are at City. However, the manager takes ultimate responsibility for the results on the pitch. Both teams have gone through disappointing spells, however only one has the balls to accept their failings and to take responsibility for the teams failings.

We were disappointing today in the second half and fortunate to come away with anything from the game. Their manager adapted to our first half style and battered us second half. We had one shot on target all game which we scored and then to tune in to the Radio after and hear our manager saying we played brilliantly... 

The guy is delusional and I wish he would take responsibility for our short comings. Doesn't fill you with confidence that things will improve at the club when the manager classes todays performance as a good showing?

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The bit you appear to have ignored is where he mentions having a team 2 points off the Play Offs.

LJ is far from perfect and I’ve got doubts that he will ever take us up but he’s clearly a better manager than a guy who has taken a side from 4th in L1, 2 points off top 2 to lower mid table, 15 points off the Play Offs in a couple of months.  

Nobody said he was a better manager but that he was being honest,can’t believe you even have a problem with that 

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

But the bit you appear to have missed is this is not a thread saying Rovers manager is better than LJ and would do a better job!

The thread is simply picking up on the fact that Radio Bristol interviewed both managers. One gave an honest assessment of the game, admitted he got it wrong and didn't try to deflect the loss to his players to protect his own back. The other says it was a good performance and he couldn't have asked any more of the players. I'd say for the team to have performed well, you have to accumulate more than a single shot on target all game when you're playing teams sat mid table.

14 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yet more continuous blind happy clapping amongst the LJ defenders. Don't you know we are 8th in the table and Johnson has delivered year on year league position improvements ??

Can't accept the guy has any flaws. Think he said we would be playing in the Europa League as a minimum by next season? ? Wonder if this will be through winning of the FA Cup, League Cup or finishing 5th in the Premier League this season ... ?

9 minutes ago, City18 said:

But the bit you appear to have missed is this is not a thread saying Rovers manager is better than LJ and would do a better job!

The thread is simply picking up on the fact that Radio Bristol interviewed both managers. One gave an honest assessment of the game, admitted he got it wrong and didn't try to deflect the loss to his players to protect his own back. The other says it was a good performance and he couldn't have asked any more of the players. I'd say for the team to have performed well, you have to accumulate more than a single shot on target all game when you're playing teams sat mid table.

Why does it really matter?

2 minutes ago, City18 said:

Yet more continuous blind happy clapping amongst the LJ defenders. Don't you know we are 8th in the table and Johnson has delivered year on year league position improvements ??

Can't accept the guy has any flaws. Think he said we would be playing in the Europa League as a minimum by next season? ? Wonder if this will be through winning of the FA Cup, League Cup or finishing 5th in the Premier League this season ... ?

Now you’re just bullshitting.

Top managers will change what they say about players and how them provide blame/compliments deliberately.

Fergie was great at it. Some players need protecting and 'talking up'  if they need the confidence, other plays need a public kick up the backside.

Lee does seem more intent on just making sure he never takes any blame himself.

I very much doubt the Gas manager is under the same pressures and expectation that LJ is. Obviously Lee has been in post much, much longer and the team is his own. Compare that to Garner who has only recently taken over and of course he can talk with more honesty. He's still at the stage of talking the talk and fans trusting him with their club, many people here seem to be past this stage, way past. 

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why does it really matter?

None of it matters, football is only a game. 

Seems odd you felt so compelled to reply in the first place, as it's all so meaningless. Must be sad for me to feel the need to post an opinion I had about the teams manager on the forum designed exactly for discussing opinions and thoughts on the club. Must be even worse for you to read my unimportant comments and feel the need to reply your opinion on my opinion. 

However, if you wish to discuss the point I raised, then yes I'm a football fan and someone who spend thousands of pounds to be entertained supporting City every season. The current man i charge of picking the team and training them to entertain and play competitive and exciting football is Lee Johnson. He is the head coach and is responsible for coaching the team how to play. I'm not currently happy with how we play and have been disappointed on a number of occasions recently with the lack of entertainment that we are served up each week. 

To then tune into the radio to hear the manager discussing how well we seemed to play does not fill me with confidence that things are going to improve any time soon. 

10 minutes ago, City18 said:

We were 7th when I checked at full time?

i don’t think there’s anyone who has said he is flawless, but there’s plenty that seem to think he hasn’t done anything for us

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

We were 7th when I checked at full time?

i don’t think there’s anyone who has said he is flawless, but there’s plenty that seem to think he hasn’t done anything for us

Given the support and money he's had he should have done more for us. Cotts did as much as he could before SL clearly withdrew his support for him

8 minutes ago, City18 said:

None of it matters, football is only a game. 

Seems odd you felt so compelled to reply in the first place, as it's all so meaningless. Must be sad for me to feel the need to post an opinion I had about the teams manager on the forum designed exactly for discussing opinions and thoughts on the club. Must be even worse for you to read my unimportant comments and feel the need to reply your opinion on my opinion. 

However, if you wish to discuss the point I raised, then yes I'm a football fan and someone who spend thousands of pounds to be entertained supporting City every season. The current man i charge of picking the team and training them to entertain and play competitive and exciting football is Lee Johnson. He is the head coach and is responsible for coaching the team how to play. I'm not currently happy with how we play and have been disappointed on a number of occasions recently with the lack of entertainment that we are served up each week. 

To then tune into the radio to hear the manager discussing how well we seemed to play does not fill me with confidence that things are going to improve any time soon. 

Oh Jesus, don’t act all precious pal FFS. 

So what you’re actually saying is that you think LJ isn’t good enough. Why didn’t you just say that in the first place?

So many numpties on here, but they have mostly always been gas anyway. 

Another good point in a very competitive league that no gas player would get in. Their manager would be fit to carry Ljs boots, get real we have a gem who has (possibly) the best away record over the past 2-3 years in the entire Championship. 

Gas have got to work hard today to find faults with our man. 

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh Jesus, don’t act all precious pal FFS. 

So what you’re actually saying is that you think LJ isn’t good enough. Why didn’t you just say that in the first place?

No not at all, I think LJ is the answer to all our woes. We won the first half today FFS and we're 7th in the table. He's managed to transform Nakhi Wells into a 1 in 7 striker, signs things are all clicking into place

Archived