IGNORED

Breath of Fresh Air

Berkshire Red

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Whatever makes you happy.

Ah this will always be our man Lee Johnson - I was relieved to find out my season ticket renewal price has gone up another £40 next season. Could have put it up more and I'd still be there blind clapping. Johnson says bounce around the ground!!!!!

2 minutes ago, City18 said:

Ah this will always be our man Lee Johnson - I was relieved to find out my season ticket renewal price has gone up another £40 next season. Could have put it up more and I'd still be there blind clapping. Johnson says bounce around the ground!!!!!

You think I’m a fan of his don’t you?

Stop being a whopper and argue with someone else. I’m far from convinced he’s the man to get us promoted but what he says in post match interviews (especially compared to the useless bloke in charge of the Slags) is the least of my concerns about him.

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

He's also presiding over an absolutely dreadfully awful run of results and has taken his team from the fringes of the automatic promotion places to firmly in the bottom half. 

I'd much prefer to have a manager who talks the occasional bullshit but has a team two points off the playoffs in the Championship, than one who talks a good game but produces sod all results.

But hey, any reason to have a go at Johnson I suppose.

Shame you can only “like” a post once. 

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You think I’m a fan of his don’t you?

Stop being a whopper and argue with someone else. I’m far from convinced he’s the man to get us promoted but what he says in post match interviews (especially compared to the useless bloke in charge of the Slags) is the least of my concerns about him.

Not arguing pal, is only football. You just jumped on my OP missing the point I was making. Just giving a bit of light hearted back - don't give it, if you cant take it ? 

6 minutes ago, City18 said:

Not arguing pal, is only football. You just jumped on my OP missing the point I was making. Just giving a bit of light hearted back - don't give it, if you cant take it ? 

I didn’t jump on your OP, I answered someone else and you piped up for some reason.

Enjoy your evening.

11 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So what exactly is your beef

*sigh* this is ******* tedious.

I merely mentioned that, when responding to elhomrecito, you appeared to deliberately avoid his point about what’s really important. Garner may be honest as the day is long but his managerial record, so far, stinks. As was mentioned, he may talk a good game but possibly can’t cut it. I shouldn’t have to explain this...

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Any answer @Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan or are you just being a plank tonight,don’t worry we all get those nights 

How cute.

22 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

*sigh* this is ******* tedious.

I merely mentioned that, when responding to elhomrecito, you appeared to deliberately avoid his point about what’s really important. Garner may be honest as the day is long but his managerial record, so far, stinks. As was mentioned, he may talk a good game but possibly can’t cut it. I shouldn’t have to explain this...

How cute.

But I answered that above,we are 3 points off mid table just like the rovers are now,so the original point between spouting bs or being honest stands

3 hours ago, City18 said:

Listening to the post match interview of Rovers manager on Radio Bristol. 

Not once has he deflected the blame - admits hes trying his best, he set the plan for the game this week and he takes full responsibility for their defeat today.

When interviewer brought up he wasnt on the pitch so cant take all the blame, he denied this and refused to shift responsibility.

Johnson in the same situation would have thrown half the team under the bus and deflected all responsibility from himself.

I find it hard to like LJ personally because I feel he really lacks professionalism. After a good few games hes all over tv, radio etc doing interviews after man united win, takes all credit for any positive performances. We all know what happens when things arent going so well

Why don't you go and support them?

Come back in 12 months and let us know how it's been for you. 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why don't you go and support them?

Come back in 12 months and let us know how it's been for you. 

Ah mate that's a cracking suggestion.

There are 90 current football league managers in the english league who dont spout the continual drivel Johnson comes out with each week. Gunna be an expensive 12 months following all of them at once 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

But I answered that above,we are 3 points off mid table just like the rovers are now

Whats that got to do with what I posted? ?

You mentioned being a few points off mid table in a reply to someone else. 

If it makes you and the OP happy....LJ OUT! But not because I’ve got serious reservations about whether he can take us that extra step and get us promoted but because he sometimes talks shit in post match interviews. Hopefully we’ll replace him with honest Ben when the Sags sack him because, if nothing else, he fesses up after the game about how useless he is.

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Whats that got to do with what I posted? ?

You mentioned being a few points off mid table in a reply to someone else. 

If it makes you and the OP happy....LJ OUT! But not because I’ve got serious reservations about whether he can take us that extra step and get us promoted but because he sometimes talks shit in post match interviews. Hopefully we’ll replace him with honest Ben when the Sags sack him because, if nothing else, he fesses up after the game about how useless he is.

Who said anything about LJ out mate,the OP said the gas manager spoke honestly and then someone else wrote some drivel about I would rather have a bullshitter who has taken us to so and so than someone who tells it how it is,either you are off your rocker or have been on the stella all day 

3 hours ago, City18 said:

Listening to the post match interview of Rovers manager on Radio Bristol. 

Not once has he deflected the blame - admits hes trying his best, he set the plan for the game this week and he takes full responsibility for their defeat today.

When interviewer brought up he wasnt on the pitch so cant take all the blame, he denied this and refused to shift responsibility.

Johnson in the same situation would have thrown half the team under the bus and deflected all responsibility from himself.

I find it hard to like LJ personally because I feel he really lacks professionalism. After a good few games hes all over tv, radio etc doing interviews after man united win, takes all credit for any positive performances. We all know what happens when things arent going so well

If you want a shit manager who speaks honestly then just support Bristol Rovers. Really isn’t hard

19 minutes ago, City18 said:

Ah mate that's a cracking suggestion.

There are 90 current football league managers in the english league who dont spout the continual drivel Johnson comes out with each week. Gunna be an expensive 12 months following all of them at once 

You just keep listening to Ben Garner pal, and let us know how you get on down at the Mem  ?

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You just keep listening to Ben Garner pal, and let us know how you get on down at the Mem  ?

Nice post, the same as your previous one but thanks again ?

Just to clarify, do I have to mute Radio Bristol every time they discuss anything non City related? Would be great to clarify the requirements to be a super fan like yourself

So far I've picked up it requires blind faith in Johnson and to defend anything our sacred head coach says? 

Do I sing Johnson says bounce around the ground for the full 90 minutes or only when we are winning?

Finally, if we play a completely different squad again next week, look completely confused and have 1 shot off target on our way to a convincing 3-0 defeat, do I stay and clap at my seat until all the players have left the field or am I allowed to head towards the concourse once the 90 minutes are up?

5 minutes ago, City18 said:

Nice post, the same as your previous one but thanks again ?

Just to clarify, do I have to mute Radio Bristol every time they discuss anything non City related? Would be great to clarify the requirements to be a super fan like yourself

So far I've picked up it requires blind faith in Johnson and to defend anything our sacred head coach says? 

Do I sing Johnson says bounce around the ground for the full 90 minutes or only when we are winning?

Finally, if we play a completely different squad again next week, look completely confused and have 1 shot off target on our way to a convincing 3-0 defeat, do I stay and clap at my seat until all the players have left the field or am I allowed to head towards the concourse once the 90 minutes are up?

Just to clarify, you've come on here sticking up for the manager of our most bitter rivals who has won ONE game in 16 attempts.

The team you supposedly support are on our joint worst run of the season having not won in FOUR games. 

Get. A. *******. Grip.

I'll give them respect when it's due but not to some bloke they've plucked out of nowhere, is currently presiding over one of the worst runs in their entire history and is generally utterly clueless. Well done on him for admitting he's a ******* clown, mind ??

47 minutes ago, Prinny said:

"We played with fear

According to Gasheads he then started to Babble on about the Coronavirus (something the Gas media team edited out of this video).

Doing the Clarke-esque “responsibility lies with me, I’m to blame” etc before complaining about Players attitudes and their inability to do the things they’ve trained on.

Interesting.

On 29/02/2020 at 19:52, joe jordans teeth said:

Pretty sure we were in touching distance of the top 2 before the Birmingham game and now we are ok 7th but just a few points off mid table 

Last time I checked 7th wasn’t “firmly placed in the bottom half”. You don’t like LJ, we get it, you aren’t alone either but no need to post absolute bollocks.

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

According to Gasheads he then started to Babble on about the Coronavirus (something the Gas media team edited out of this video).

Doing the Clarke-esque “responsibility lies with me, I’m to blame” etc before complaining about Players attitudes and their inability to do the things they’ve trained on.

Interesting.

Yeah that's the radio Bristol interview. 

"You've got to put things in perspective, you got everything that's going on in the world with the corona virus and everything with that, there's much bigger going on than what's on that pitch so you've got to let go of that fear."

"We want to build a strong house, not a tent that blows over" :laugh:

Warnock on Quest (paraphrased) who had Garner as a coach under him - “big difference being a coach to a manager.  As a manager you have to look players in the eye”.

Rovers are in free-fall....probably a good season that the bottom three are so way behind.  Maybe he’ll stay in his job, learn loads this season, and sort out the squad in the summer, as well as his own approach to man-management!! 

Archived