IGNORED

Ratings v Millwall - drew 1-1

Davefevs

Mäenpää - 6 - generally solid, released the ball quickly.  Wicked ball in for their goal, but he’ll expect to have done better.

Pereira - 7 - got our opener with a fine first time strike, and generally played well.

Kalas - 7 - much more like it.  Looked fit and sharp.

Baker - 7 - solid as a rock, did the simple things well today.

Dasilva - 5 - poor today, let the ball get away from more times today than I’ve seen in total all season.  Lacked heart in some challenges too.

Paterson - 5 - started brightly as dud the team, but drifted out of the game as it wore on.

Nagy - 6 - did some great things....and some awful things.  A mixed afternoon, but tried to cover some acres today

Smith - 7 - protected the back 4 really well, and like Nagy tried to be everywhere.

O’Dowda - 6.5 - bright performance in the main, but needs courage on the ball to commit his man, and off it to challenge.

Weimann - 5 - good early on but drifted out of the game.

Diedhiou - 5 - same as Weimann.  His Inability to hold it up today was a reversion to early season form.

Wells / Eliasson - didn’t make a difference.

I’m really glass half-full tonight.  A point at MIllwall is normally a good thing, but I just can’t get my head around the second half performance which was woeful.  First half was pretty decent, so why?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mäenpää - 6 - generally solid, released the ball quickly.  Wicked ball in for their goal, but he’ll expect to have done better.

Pereira - 7 - got our opener with a fine first time strike, and generally played well.

Dasilva - 5 - poor today, let the ball get away from more times today than I’ve seen in total all season.  Lacked heart in some challenges too.

Paterson - 5 - started brightly as dud the team, but drifted out of the game as it wore on.

Nagy - 6 - did some great things....and some awful things.  A mixed afternoon, but tried to cover some acres today

Smith - 7 - protected the back 4 really well, and like Nagy tried to be everywhere.

O’Dowda - 6.5 - bright performance in the main, but needs courage on the ball to commit his man, and off it to challenge.

Diedhiou - 5 - same as Weimann.  His Inability to hold it up today was a reversion to early season form.

I’m really glass half-full tonight.  A point at MIllwall is normally a good thing, but I just can’t get my head around the second half performance which was woeful.  First half was pretty decent, so why?

Agree with most of those ratings, Personally would bump up Nagy by 1 as I thought some of his work was excellent, some great passes and drove us forward in the first half, but did do some odd things, but I think that's partly down to the lack of consistency in personnel. 

I also think you are bing harsh on Fam, thought he held it up well in the first half when he had Nagy and COD breaking beyond him, but second half he can only hold it up for so long waiting for the strangely withdrawn midfield to get anywhere near him. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Call me a pain in the 'Rs', but is that headline missing a certain letter, Dave?

5 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Agree with most of those ratings, Personally would bump up Nagy by 1 as I thought some of his work was excellent, some great passes and drove us forward in the first half, but did do some odd things, but I think that's partly down to the lack of consistency in personnel. 

I also think you are bing harsh on Fam, thought he held it up well in the first half when he had Nagy and COD breaking beyond him, but second half he can only hold it up for so long waiting for the strangely withdrawn midfield to get anywhere near him. 

Hey, that’s cool.  Thought he was decent first half when the ball was right at him, but he did little else....watched the likes of Pato, Weimann and O’Dowda press their back 4 really well, but he didn’t do his part and let Millwall out 2/3 times when I thought we really had them.  Those are the things that people miss, and you saw the 3 “pressers” having a right go.

Thought back 4 all good and Korey very good helping them out.

Nagy did good and bad things. Can clearly see he's got some quality but doesn't really suit our style of play.

Problem for me was not much of a link between midfield and attack.

We created one chance, and from a set piece. That is poor.

I can't quite believe LJ has gone back to Diedhiou and Weimann. The partnership that was never working before, so why go back to it!

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That sentence sums up pato’s career 

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Funny how people see things differently. 

I though Nagy was awful today, lost the ball cheaply in dangerous positions and looks so weak to me. 

smith and kalas MOM for me. 

Agree re Smith and Kalas....let’s hope they both continue their improvements following injury.

7 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Funny how people see things differently. 

I though Nagy was awful today, lost the ball cheaply in dangerous positions and looks so weak to me. 

smith and kalas MOM for me. 

Need a genuine central 3 to see the best of Nagy IMO. 

Today's setup was better but still not  an optimum one.

Millwall have lost 9 games all season. The third best in the league.

Our position and mid table obscurity is one wins difference over a season.

Between 3rd and 7th...a couple wins.

This isn't aimed at op...but post comes after reading forum.

This league is mental...look at the top 6 and even WBA today. You can say that about any team considered better every match day. Kinnel...Boro are now bottom 3...go figure.

We are playing pretty much like the majority of the teams in this league. Inconsistently with very fine margins.

Yes it's not fun...but it's the same for 99 of teams. 

If you'd said we sit where we are at beginning of season...most would of taken it.

Unless your Leeds or Brentford ..we are the same as any other team in this division playing wise... very inconsistent.

It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You’ve given Callum 6 too many.

He was poor. As he so often is. I’d ship him out now.  But what do I know?

Only thing I can do better than Lee is PowerPoint presentations!

As Lou Reed once said “wanna play football for the coach?” ? ? ? 

Patterson starting to look like his old self after a brief good run on his return 

Funny how we all see games differently. You say Maenpaa released the ball quickly but my frustration was how many times he held onto it for too long, allowing Millwall time to regroup, and then kicked it to the opposition.

I also only really thought the first fifteen mins were decent. By midway through the first half I thought we had petered out.

For me Pereira, Kalas, Baker, Smith and Nagy were the five that really emerged in credit, although it rammed home my feeling we need three in the middle as we need a creative player to complement them. 

Dasilva was off form, as you say. Paterson and Weimann were anonymous. I thought Diedhiou tried but he was isolated and O’Dowda put some effort in but looked like someone who has not started in a while.

Eliasson and Wells did little but I felt they were given little to work with.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Need a genuine central 3 to see the best of Nagy IMO. 

Today's setup was better but still not  an optimum one.

I felt a bit sorry for him. He was trying to play balls forwards. He was trying to give it early. But there are not enough options to pass to.

We often seem to agree that we really need an extra body in midfield. 

I can't work out why LJ is so obsessed with 2 strikers, especially when they don't link up well!

Seems like everyone was saying Fam is no good as a lone striker.

But for me he looks far better on his own, and the team looks so better balanced when we go 4141 with Fam in the lone role.

There are 2 options for me. Fam up top on his own in a 4141. Or Wells up top with someone like Paterson in behind.

43 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Pereira man of the match for me. Very good game from him. 

Good team performance first half, comfortable. Weathered the storm second half and, for me, edged it. 

They all get a 7 with Pereira getting an 8.

I thought he was really good and took the goal well too, excellent technique on the ball. The thing is though he doesn't often put the ball in the box defensively good and got forward but with both Hunt and Eliasson not playing we had a number of occasions where we needed to get the ball in the box and didn't take them. At least 4-5 times where we actually had 4+ players in the box waiting for the cross and just didn't get in in there.

Edit: I just realised! Am I saying we needed more box entries! ?‍♂️?

Archived