IGNORED

Ratings v Millwall - drew 1-1

Davefevs

I thought Dasilva had a decent game and didn't do too much wrong in my view. I thought both fullbacks were decent today! 

My biggest gripe today, like most weeks, is our inability to run at teams and attack with real intent. We constantly slow the ball down when we breakaway to allow others time to join the attack. There were a couple of breakaways where we were 1 on 1 with the last defender and opt not to take him on. 

53 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Pereira man of the match for me. Very good game from him. 

Good team performance first half, comfortable. Weathered the storm second half and, for me, edged it. 

They all get a 7 with Pereira getting an 8.

You're right. Defensively much better than Hunt has been recently. Pereira should keep his place for Fulham.

40 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Funny how we all see games differently. You say Maenpaa released the ball quickly but my frustration was how many times he held onto it for too long, allowing Millwall time to regroup, and then kicked it to the opposition.

I also only really thought the first fifteen mins were decent. By midway through the first half I thought we had petered out.

For me Pereira, Kalas, Baker, Smith and Nagy were the five that really emerged in credit, although it rammed home my feeling we need three in the middle as we need a creative player to complement them. 

Dasilva was off form, as you say. Paterson and Weimann were anonymous. I thought Diedhiou tried but he was isolated and O’Dowda put some effort in but looked like someone who has not started in a while.

Eliasson and Wells did little but I felt they were given little to work with.

You beat me to it - agree entirely about Maenpaa. Every time he got the ball our wide players made themselves available for a throw, only for Maenpaa to hold on to it then hoof it vaguely in the direction of Fammy.  Solid keeper, but Bentley's distribution is so much better

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

You’ve given Callum 6 too many.

He was poor. As he so often is. I’d ship him out now.  But what do I know?

Only thing I can do better than Lee is PowerPoint presentations!

As Lou Reed once said “wanna play football for the coach?” ? ? ? 

Didn’t get that impression from Radio Bristol commentary for the first half sounded as though he was playing reasonably well. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

We are playing pretty much like the majority of the teams in this league. Inconsistently with very fine margins.

Yes it's not fun...but it's the same for 99 of teams. 

Unless your Leeds or Brentford ..we are the same as any other team in this division playing wise... very inconsistent.

There were 22 Championship teams out there this afternoon, guess which one had the fewest shots (source: BBC sport)?

We had shots, 1 on target.

How many do you think Barnsley, second bottom, managed? 23! And 6 on target. Away from home, in a game they lost.

The next after us with fewest shots today were Preston and Hull, both losing to top sides but managing shots, on target.

Wigan managed 13/5 at West Brom.

We were a long way off being "the same" as everyone else today, and most of this season, I would suggest. We are one of the worst teams to witness from a performance point of view, if not bottom of the lot.

13 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

There were 22 Championship teams out there this afternoon, guess which one had the fewest shots (source: BBC sport)?

We had shots, 1 on target.

How many do you think Barnsley, second bottom, managed? 23! And 6 on target. Away from home, in a game they lost.

The next after us with fewest shots today were Preston and Hull, both losing to top sides but managing shots, on target.

Wigan managed 13/5 at West Brom.

We were a long way off being "the same" as everyone else today, and most of this season, I would suggest. We are one of the worst teams to witness from a performance point of view, if not bottom of the lot.

Compare Wigan’s effort v West Brom with ours last week. 1 shot on target when the game was dead was what we mustered. But we’re in 7th place so don’t complain about it........

6 shots on target in the last FOUR COMBINED games.........it’s getting better I’m reading?. But we’re in 7th place so don’t whinge about it........

The problem with teams who play football the Lee Johnson way is when the wins dry up the reality of how utterly dull they are becomes the major talking point!! But we’re in 7th place so don’t moan about it..........

Archived