IGNORED

Watford v Liverpool

Curr Avon

23 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

IF Lee Johnson was manager of Liverpool

there would be some on here asking the board to sack him after this result

To be fair, losing 3-0 against a team that were in the bottom three, and only having one shot on target, I think Klopp should be sacked.

(One of England's best young managers could replace him)

perhaps he could try to rebuild his career with a Championship team that are building well off the pitch and have lots of potential, with a basketball arena about to be built next to the stadium.... 

13 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

So by your reckoning they shouldn't have been promoted because the ground doesn't hold enough. Burton holds 6k but played in our league.  Belter of a comment. 

Reckon he has a point.  UEFA seem to run on similar lines, when big teams get knocked out of the champions league reinstate as soon as possible in the Europa league.

We could have the same if said club gets relegated from premier league has more fans than the team than the team getting promoted then no promotion.

Ok this season with WBA and Leeds wont be a problem.

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Reckon he has a point.  UEFA seem to run on similar lines, when big teams get knocked out of the champions league reinstate as soon as possible in the Europa league.

We could have the same if said club gets relegated from premier league has more fans than the team than the team getting promoted then no promotion.

Ok this season with WBA and Leeds wont be a problem.

You win promotion by gaining the necessary points you need , not by the size of your crowd . If you play in the premier league you are a premier league side, to say you're not because of attendances is quite frankly pathetic. 

58 minutes ago, pillred said:

Out of interest why? they are not a premier League club well not on ground attendances or performances.

What a load of rubbish. They deserve to be there because they got promoted and stayed up for four years so far. 
Are you one of those people that think Leeds deserve to be a prem side because they get big crowds and history ? 
where ever  a team finish , that’s what they deserve . 

56 minutes ago, pillred said:

So you reckon that ground that doesn't even have the capacity of the Memorial stadium is a fit ground for the premier League?

I like that we have a league system that allows promotion/demotion on merit. That small teams can succeed 

I don't like the idea that the top tier of football in our country should only be open to the biggest, richest clubs.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Out of interest why? they are not a premier League club well not on ground attendances or performances.

I suppose it's the case of wanting to see the underdog do well, punch above their weight etc. There are too few quality English managers in the Premiership and Eddie Howe has done a cracking job there with the resources available to him.

Really comes down to wanting tosser clubs like Villa come down rather than the likes of Bournemouth really.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

"Winter Break" appears to have done them no favours, I am not surprised, I think momentum is far more important.

Exactly, momentum lost when Klopp insisted on a Dubai trip instead of respecting the FA Cup. That'll teach him. Still win the league in a breeze though!

1 hour ago, Redstart said:

I suppose it's the case of wanting to see the underdog do well, punch above their weight etc. There are too few quality English managers in the Premiership and Eddie Howe has done a cracking job there with the resources available to him.

Really comes down to wanting tosser clubs like Villa come down rather than the likes of Bournemouth really.

Fair enough but they broke FFP to get there though. I would also prefer Villa to get relegated given the choice though.

Archived