IGNORED

Starting 11 for Fulham

E.G.Red

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Firstly fair play and total respect for even travelling

As for your assessment , accepting you are grasping at any positives .....

.......but don’t you think it’s poor that after 4 years of his tenure , backed to the hilt with everything he’s wanted , the positives amount to 

It was better than a completely *^^^ and embarrassing performance at Huddersfield

and

The players who were picked showed some pride fight and integrity 

Not a great progress report after four years is it..............

Everything he's wanted?

So you think he was happy for Bryan, Reid, Webster, Pack, Brownhill to be sold? To name a few.

12 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Everything he's wanted?

So you think he was happy for Bryan, Reid, Webster, Pack, Brownhill to be sold? To name a few.

Go on name a few more ........

A manager loses players shocker 

He was full of himself having traded Pack for Nagy and Massengo

75 signings - Id guess in amongst them he’s had various opportunities to replace and he’s been allowed to (allegedly) upgrade every position including in depth

Whats he not been allowed to have ? any suggestions ?

Maenpaa

Pereira Kalas Benkovic Dasilva 

Smith    Nagy

Eliasson  Henriksen. Paterson 

Wells 

A bit different. But Henriksen scored plenty in Holland in that role.

It looks solid but with plenty of attacking threat too.

50 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Go on name a few more ........

A manager loses players shocker 

He was full of himself having traded Pack for Nagy and Massengo

75 signings - Id guess in amongst them he’s had various opportunities to replace and he’s been allowed to (allegedly) upgrade every position including in depth

Whats he not been allowed to have ? any suggestions ?

Webster still not been replaced permanently, and he replaced Flint. 

Ayling, I believe (but have no proof) the decision to sell him was taken above LJ's pay grade, due to the whole Cheltenham saga.

There have been many reported targets that have not happened for one reason or another. Now this is normal obviously but you cannot therefore say he had everything he wanted.

Seemingly, he is the first manager who not only has to sell to buy but has to sell to buy and make a profit! Who knows how many players have been sold to make that profit or finance targets?

Not me for sure....

5 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Ayling, I believe (but have no proof) the decision to sell him was taken above LJ's pay grade, due to the whole Cheltenham saga.

There have been many reported targets that have not happened for one reason or another. Now this is normal obviously but you cannot therefore say he had everything he wanted.

Seemingly, he is the first manager who not only has to sell to buy but has to sell to buy and make a profit! Who knows how many players have been sold to make that profit or finance targets?

Not me for sure....

Ayling only had year left on contract didn't he, and Leeds were interested?

So didn't have much choice there if so.

10 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Not me for sure....

Fwiw

Think you forgot LJs explanation re Ayling 

As for having to recoup £££££ 

Maybe if he didn’t sign so many players that he doesn’t use might help

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Maenpaa

Pereira Kalas Benkovic Dasilva 

Smith    Nagy

Eliasson  Henriksen. Paterson 

Wells 

A bit different. But Henriksen scored plenty in Holland in that role.

It looks solid but with plenty of attacking threat too.

Aren’t they on the naughty step? ?

2 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Which one? All the ones LJ has fallen out with would fill a Dolman stair completely - leave them there for match day and we might make a five a side team with those left

The ones in bold, possibly Wells too.

9 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

who do you see playing on Saturday?

How the hell would we know with whom WeeLee's going to have a spat this week?

At other clubs the 'I'm On The Naughty Step / Loser of the Week' gilets jaunes is supposedly a motivational bit of fun. Not at Failand where only now is Ashton realising what he thought were companion french signings for Massengo are actually tyrannical weapons of oppression.

Not going to happen but something like this would be a nice change. 

Maenpaa

Pereira        Kalas        Baker       Dasilva

Smith     Henriksen   

Paterson                                         Eliasson

Palmer

Wells

Adam Nagy doesn’t get anywhere near my starting 11.

Maenpaa

Perieira         Kalas      Baker      Dasilva

Smith         Nagy

Eliasson            Palmer          Paterson

Wells

Wollacott

Benkovic

Henriksen

Rowe

O'Dowda

Diedhiou

Weimann

Hopefully the back 4 is at least settled for Saturday now, as well as the 2 in the middle.  And we presumably have some stability if we go with a 4-2-3-1-ish shape again.  Diedhiou has to play up front as well surely.  After that the 3 spots behind him may well be up for grabs given how little they created on Saturday (ie absolutely nothing)

Bentley (I'd assume come back if it was just a minor knock)
Pereira, Kalas, Baker, Dasilva
Smith, Nagy
TBC, TBC, TBC
Diedhiou

Personally I'd rather have Wells, Palmer and Eliasson over Paterson, Weimann and O'Dowda.

28 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Maenpaa

Smith     Henriksen   

Palmer

Wells

Like this team......Massengo in for Henriksen possibly but other than that, let's give this team a go. ??

I genuinely believe that the only way we get the best out of Wells is to play Pato or KP behind him.......

I’m a bit torn on who should start but I certainly have ideas of things from yesterday I think we should build on and things that did not work so well.

First off, I think it vital that Bentley replaces Maenpaa as soon as he is fit. Maenpaa did not do too much wrong yesterday from a goalkeeping perspective but his distribution was slow and inaccurate and blunted us even more than we were otherwise blunted as an attacking force

I think Kalas and Baker did more than enough to keep their places and probably Pereira too. Dasilva was below par but is still a must on the team sheet.

Where we get exposed, in my view, is a combination of inviting pressure through a lack of control in midfield and teams finding space on the flanks when the full backs push forward. One thing that I thought worked really well first half yesterday was Nagy drifting to left back to cover Dasilva and I was think I want to see an anchor in midfield plus two midfielders who can cover the full backs or bustle forward themselves. If fit and on form, I that is Smith, Nagy and Henrikson.

That leaves three players and I am a bit torn. I think Weimann has to be left out at the moment due to his from but, beyond that, there are a range of options I am unsure on.

We could play Palmer or Paterson as a number ten plus Wells and Diedhiou up front with the full backs providing width. However it would need the number ten to play well and would not get the best out of Diedhiou.

We could play Diedhiou or Wells on their own with Eliasson and O’Dowda or Paterson either side of them. Or we could play an asymmetric front 3 with Eliasson as a wide player, one of Diedhiou or Wells as a centre forward and the other drifting in from the flank. 

All of these options have their strengths and weaknesses but it is not clear to me what work best. But I really do want to see 3 in midfield and the rest of the team built from there. 

55 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Maenpaa

Smith     Henriksen   

Palmer

Wells

Henriksen against Huddersfield was as bad as anything I’ve seen in a city shirt.  

30 minutes ago, Roe said:

Hopefully the back 4 is at least settled for Saturday now, as well as the 2 in the middle.  And we presumably have some stability if we go with a 4-2-3-1-ish shape again.  Diedhiou has to play up front as well surely.  After that the 3 spots behind him may well be up for grabs given how little they created on Saturday (ie absolutely nothing)

Bentley (I'd assume come back if it was just a minor knock)
Pereira, Kalas, Baker, Dasilva
Smith, Nagy
TBC, TBC, TBC
Diedhiou

Personally I'd rather have Wells, Palmer and Eliasson over Paterson, Weimann and O'Dowda.

A lot to be said about deciding whether you’re going back 4 or back 5.

You’d hope with Saturday’s defensive performances that we have a solid base to continue it.  It then becomes:

Pereira or Hunt at RB

Dasilva (or Rowe as cover)

Kalas, Baker with Williams and Benkovic as CBs.

Kalas worried me v Huddersfield, but following Millwall, I’m gonna put it down to rustiness.

Once that 4 + Keeper are sorted, I think you then have a bit more flexibility.

36 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Apart from Nagy I’d say. What don’t you like?

Apart from his debut, he has been below par and looks like he’s not up to the speed of the Championship. Physically weak and not very good with the ball, the latter being his strength, so we were told. 

After all the fuss and money we’ve spent in midfield, keeping Liam Walsh looked like a better idea.

Archived