IGNORED

The Similarities - Junior and Senior

Lew-T

Got to say, I’m seeing the similarities of the two a lot more in the last 12-18 months. The place has gone stale it’s starting to feel like the end of the GJ era again. The recent rumour of dressing room bust ups is the last piece to match. 

Poor performance after poor performance, grinding out the odd 1-0 win despite being outplayed for the majority of the match. Many clubs in the bag but failing to utilise them, and now the rumours are escalating of a dressing room bust up. 

What’s worse though is that ‘the clubs’ that GJ had at his disposal were far worse than what we have now.

46 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

It was bizarre in hindsight because we about 10th but the place was flat and uninspiring - a bit like now 

Poor recruitment of players didn’t help 

We had a good finish to the season under Millen as caretaker. Then Coppell was brought it and the next 4 years were vile...

David James and Nicky Hunt... What a transfer window (thank god for Adomah) 

58 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Went well when we got rid of GJ didn’t it...

I worry that we are about to be left with a high cost, un-motivated squad, in cosy club, who have peaked and are about to descend  like a few years ago.

Its a worry, it’s not fact, it isn’t definitely gonna happen, just see signs that it could if we aren’t careful.  I’m not saying it was Gary’s  reign that started it, just things can build momentum.

How can I feel so flat when we are 7th in the Championship?  Why do others feel that way?  That’s not right to me.

6 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Got to say, I’m seeing the similarities of the two a lot more in the last 12-18 months. The place has gone stale it’s starting to feel like the end of the GJ era again. The recent rumour of dressing room bust ups is the last piece to match. 

Poor performance after poor performance, grinding out the odd 1-0 win despite being outplayed for the majority of the match. Many clubs in the bag but failing to utilise them, and now the rumours are escalating of a dressing room bust up. 

What’s worse though is that ‘the clubs’ that GJ had at his disposal were far worse than what we have now.

There's a big difference though we were slipping near the relegation zone when GJ left not just outside the playoffs

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I worry that we are about to be left with a high cost, un-motivated squad, in cosy club, who have peaked and are about to descend  like a few years ago.

Its a worry, it’s not fact, it isn’t definitely gonna happen, just see signs that it could if we aren’t careful.  I’m not saying it was Gary’s  reign that started it, just things can build momentum.

How can I feel so flat when we are 7th in the Championship?  Why do others feel that way?  That’s not right to me.

Think you’ve just expressed the thoughts of a large section of our support

Keep asking myself the same

Two words keep coming back for me mate

‘ Wasting opportunities ‘

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we lose Eliasson and Diedhiou at the end of the season as seems likely it's hard to be optimistic about next year. I understand the reasons for our transfer policy but it means the best signings move on fairly quickly but we're stuck with the rest

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think you’ve just expressed the thoughts of a large section of our support

Keep asking myself the same

Two words keep coming back for me mate

‘ Wasting opportunities ‘

You've no idea what large sections of our support think.

Don't confuse the usual small vocal minority on OTIB with "large section of our support".

26 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Don't confuse the usual small vocal minority on OTIB with "large section of our support".

And you do ?

I can honestly say I don’t know any single supporter who isn’t cheesed off to whatever degree 

It’s only some of the anonymous on here 

‘Vocal Minority’ - You are deluded

5 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Again, can't really prove your argument either, that is unless you know thousands of BCFC fans personally.

I know i don't.

7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

One of the main reasons that LJ gets the backing he does is because SL didn’t back his manager when players went over him. Thus LJ has been backed like no other. But surely the end is nigh if we don’t pick up quickly. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Which is precisely why SL needs to bring in a top coach to lift the club and get the players playing to their full potential.

SL has put his money where his mouth is and backed his man now LJ needs to deliver or the owner must show the world that promotion is the genuine ambition for BCFC and not just pay it lip service. 

You feel flat because three weeks ago we could have gone second with Leeds and have a good chance of automatic promotion. However we are now 7th with loads of clubs breathing down our necks and imploding all over the field, throwing away our chances like we did twice in the last two seasons. 

We have been here before and it feels like here we go again having spent more money than any of us could even imagine. 

Hope that helps!

Because we are dreading that the memories are creating a serious case of deja vu!

3 hours ago, Chivs said:

There's not a single person that I speak to (10-15people) who aren't either dismayed, disillusioned, angry, fed up, or a combination of them all, at the type of football LJ is serving up at Ashton Gate. Only one of those is a poster on this forum, in fact, in my opinion, there is a disproportionate amount of LJ supporters using this forum than in reality.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think Dave you may be feeling that way because the inevitable is about to happen and, I feel that way too,

- we miss out on the top 6 but not by much

- the official line is that it has been a good season, progress etc etc

- we have a huge turnover of players in the summer

- we all get excited about our ‘potential ‘

- good start to 20/21

- streaky negative results in late autumn / early winter 

- mixed results from there

- top 8/9/ 10 finish

RINSE and REPEAT 

We need a change, we truly do.

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

You feel flat because three weeks ago we could have gone second with Leeds and have a good chance of automatic promotion. However we are now 7th with loads of clubs breathing down our necks and imploding all over the field, throwing away our chances like we did twice in the last two seasons. 

We have been here before and it feels like here we go again having spent more money than any of us could even imagine. 

Hope that helps!

I agree 100%.

The thing that really gets to me is that it is in all probability going to be the same situation in 12 months.

13 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Got that bang on mate.

Archived