IGNORED

Are we not entirely fed up as a fan base yet?

WorleRed89

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

The problem here is, we could be mid-table playing some really good football but not gaining enough points.

How many here would be happy to support LJ if that were the case?

As it is its quite unlikely we are going to make the playoffs and if by some miracle we do, we will not be beating the teams that are currently in it, as they will inevitably has 75% of the ball against us and a solid defence can only hold out those sorts of waves of attacks for so long. I'd much rather we were 10th playing an exciting brand of football that enthuses the crowd. The atmosphere at home is so poor, mainly due to awful performances and never looking dangerous. Defending is fairly boring for fans to watch, especially when you dont have a lead to defend.

3 hours ago, WorleRed89 said:

As it is its quite unlikely we are going to make the playoffs and if by some miracle we do, we will not be beating the teams that are currently in it, as they will inevitably has 75% of the ball against us and a solid defence can only hold out those sorts of waves of attacks for so long. I'd much rather we were 10th playing an exciting brand of football that enthuses the crowd. The atmosphere at home is so poor, mainly due to awful performances and never looking dangerous. Defending is fairly boring for fans to watch, especially when you dont have a lead to defend.

I'd love to know how you know this?

Since when did opinions become facts?

I’m not fed up. I’m quite positive as it happens. 
Yes we aren’t playing ‘pretty’ football - and we’ve lost to the top 2 teams recently, but we are 7th and a point closer to the playoffs than we were last week. 
There are 17 other clubs worse of than us in this league atm - including such ‘giants’ as Wayne Rooney’s Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and Middlesbrough. 
let’s stop whinging and get behind the team for the run-in. 

10 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’m not fed up. I’m quite positive as it happens. 
Yes we aren’t playing ‘pretty’ football - and we’ve lost to the top 2 teams recently, but we are 7th and a point closer to the playoffs than we were last week. 
There are 17 other clubs worse of than us in this league atm - including such ‘giants’ as Wayne Rooney’s Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and Middlesbrough. 
let’s stop whinging and get behind the team for the run-in. 

Quite. Imagine supporting Boro this season! 

On 01/03/2020 at 10:53, WorleRed89 said:

Yes we may be 7th, but there have been multiple times, such as yesterday, that we have been let off the hook. Didnt go, but watching the highlights it seems we only had one or 2 actual chances, the team was changed yet again, and yet again we are up against it. We have more than good enough players to control the ball against a millwall side who love to hit long. Quite frankly I think its embarresing and the fact we are 7th is becoming a boring argument. We are the worst team in this division to watch after spending a huge amount of money comparatively (yes, I know we had outgoings, but the board didnt have to spend as much as they did)

I really so think we have a team good enough for the top 6 at least, on paper we have a very good squad, but the coach is changing the team so much every single week so there is absolutely no cohesion, and why cant we pass the ball, you are going to concede goals if its wave after wave of opposition attack. I just simply cannot understand anyone that thinks this season is going well, at the moment I'm actually embarrassed to be a city fan. How bad is that. 

I'm fed up and even though I'm a ST holder I wont be going to anymore games this season and very much doubt I will renew

I just don't feel the buzz anymore and that's after nearly 50 years so I'm no fly by night supporter. 

I want to go and watch a team who play for the shirt and show some passion and skill and at the moment its the opposition who have been doing that the last two seasons 

The football we play is as dull as ditch water and most of us know how the game will pan out, even in games we win 

I admire LJ for what hes done to establish us in this league but a change of style and  coaching is required to get me back through the turnstiles I'm afraid

31 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I'm fed up and even though I'm a ST holder I wont be going to anymore games this season and very much doubt I will renew

I just don't feel the buzz anymore and that's after nearly 50 years so I'm no fly by night supporter. 

I want to go and watch a team who play for the shirt and show some passion and skill and at the moment its the opposition who have been doing that the last two seasons 

The football we play is as dull as ditch water and most of us know how the game will pan out, even in games we win 

I admire LJ for what hes done to establish us in this league but a change of style and  coaching is required to get me back through the turnstiles I'm afraid

Odd.

So you put up with Pulis Ball, SOD's uninspiring tenure, Mcwinless's festival of free flowing football, Benny being thrown into the lions den etc, and this season has turned you off?

I support Bristol City, not the manager.

The footie is not so good, but managers come and go, tactics and styles of play too.

I've renewed my SC. Maybe more in hope than anything else that the style will improve I guess.

What else would I have to moan about on a Saturday evening! ?

Archived