IGNORED

Coventry v Mackems

BobBobSuperBob

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Walsh is very much my sort of player - first thought always to be positive and creative; likes a shot.

It's quite a boost to think he should be involved at AG next season.

Only if we change the manager Nogbad.

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Jamie Allen, one of the best young midfielders I saw play against us in 14/15 (for Rochdale).  Shame he had injuries.

@Harry @redcherryberry did we look at him?

He was on my ‘long list’ during his debut season in L2 13/14, I think. But I never put him onto a shortlist. 

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've only caught the last 20 minutes, but Walsh's game has come on a lot. Nearly always finding his player, good positioning and movement. We'll probably sell him to Cov at a loss ...

It’s almost as if sending promising young players out on loan to improve is a good thing. Who’d have thought it?!

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s almost as if sending promising young players out on loan to improve is a good thing. Who’d have thought it?!

Nothing, except when you get someone saying "He's a brilliant player, who can come in and compete immediately." your expectations go up. When (if) we see him again he'll be in his +1 year option presumably, meaning we'll be struggling to keep him if he's decent. All that after paying £1-2m (?) for him. I get we sign prospects, but if we do we need to pay less and sign them for longer to stand a chance of getting value. It's the sort of signing that has little chance of benefiting us under the current regime.

Archived