IGNORED

Interesting comments from LJ...

spudski

12 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

That is hilarious. Look at overall spend and wage bill. Look , we all have different opinions, that is life. You are happy with LJ, I am not. The football is third world from the 70's, dire, awful, no youth development, buying old pro players, no connection to the youth teams and no footballing identity, we can go on. You are happy , great for you. With his resources and millions spent, and time in the job, I feel the club could be in a far  better place. That so many hate going to games when we are 7th should sound some alarm bells. Something it is not right, and that has nothing to do with what you or I write. It is not about our opinions, it is a fact and needs understanding.There is no unity within the playing side or fans. That has to be worthy of inspection. There is something wrong and we can all do better. 

Oh and Leeds have a positive net spend too. 

And yet he's done better than all the other managers we've had since jimmy lumsden... apart from johnson senior of course...

Done it, without spending the chairman's or clubs money...

What a terrible job he's doing.

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

And yet he's done better than all the other managers we've had since jimmy lumsden... apart from johnson senior of course...

You do know it's not just about transfer fees though, don't you? Yes, you do.

Johnson has been allowed to buy players who can command thousands upon thousands of pounds. Per week.

No other manager in an our entire history has been afforded such a luxury.

Yet Johnson has these multi millionaires playing like parks players.

Now do you get it? Of course you do. 

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Johnson has been allowed to buy players who can command thousands upon thousands of pounds. Per week.

Even taking wages into account, he's probably in credit...

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Ermmm. I thought we made thumping great losses for 3 out of the 4 years of his tenure. I don’t think we’ve got much coming through for the forseeable future either that will generate interest from the Premier League. 

No other Manager in the Club’s history has been backed by his Chairman to such a degree with players, coaching staff and management ‘toys’, had the level of output of a well-established Academy, benefitted from inheriting such a talented squad and - not to be underestimated  - benefitted from  a new stadium ‘bounce’. Everything in place for success bar the new training ground, which is underway. 

Now is the time to deliver his side of the bargain success on the pitch. The shambles of performances this season, the lack of passion, drive, cohesion and any idea of pattern of a play - bar trying, and failing, to get the basics right -  ain’t what SL was envisaging I suspect.

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

‘Playing like parks players’ yet delivered better results than 17/23 of our competition in a fiercely competitive league. It’s one or the other because you don’t get the latter if the former is true. 

The lack of respect that the entire team get at times is sad. 

Are we delivering incredible football? No, but it’s about time people gave a modicum of credit for what has been done, which is take us from relegation candidates to a team not happy with being 7th. 

I think Johnson needs to go in the summer - mainly for his own benefit - but you’d think we were in absolute disarray and staring sown the barrel of relegation the way people carry on on social media/forums, and not two points off of the playoffs with 30 points to be competed for. 

Let’s hope the players don’t give up as easily as the fans do. 

15 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Ermmm. I thought we made thumping great losses for 3 out of the 4 years of his tenure. I don’t think we’ve got much coming through for the forseeable future either that will generate interest from the Premier League. 

No other Manager in the Club’s history has been backed by his Chairman to such a degree with players, coaching staff and management ‘toys’, had the level of output of a well-established Academy, benefitted from inheriting such a talented squad and - not to be underestimated  - benefitted from  a new stadium ‘bounce’. Everything in place for success bar the new training ground, which is underway. 

Now is the time to deliver his side of the bargain success on the pitch. The shambles of performances this season, the lack of passion, drive, cohesion and any idea of pattern of a play - bar trying, and failing, to get the basics right -  ain’t what SL was envisaging I suspect.

Yes we had tho losses for how many years before Johnson become head coach.

Point is, we have made more in players sold, than johnson has spend. You cant deny that. thats a fact.

So he hasnt really spent any money or "been backed"

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

‘Playing like parks players’ yet delivered better results than 17/23 of our competition in a fiercely competitive league. It’s one or the other because you don’t get the latter if the former is true. 

The lack of respect that the entire team get at times is sad. 

Are we delivering incredible football? No, but it’s about time people gave a modicum of credit for what has been done, which is take us from relegation candidates to a team not happy with being 7th. 

I think Johnson needs to go in the summer - mainly for his own benefit - but you’d think we were in absolute disarray and staring sown the barrel of relegation the way people carry on on social media/forums, and not two points off of the playoffs with 30 points to be competed for. 

Let’s hope the players don’t give up as easily as the fans do. 

For the millionth time, the point is not about league position but how we are playing.

And who says anyone's given up?????????

Try arguing the point under the discussion, not some other one that suits you.    

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

For the millionth time, the point is not about league position but how we are playing.

managers are judged by results... especially managers of smaller clubs like ours..

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You said we are ‘playing like parks players’ which is simply not true. There’s no way on earth we would be 7th in this league if it were. 

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You think our squad is better than West Brom, Fulham and Leeds?! Wow 

Hilarious isn’t it. When you take out the three teams that absolutely should be finishing above us - Leeds, Fulham and WBA - you’re left with 20 teams that we’re essentially competing with for 4th-6th. We’re doing better than 17 of those 20 teams and you can make a very strong case that you could be including Forest in the first category, so actually 17 out of 19. 

The only team above us that you can make a real solid case for ‘we should be doing better’ is Preston, and they’re 2 points above us. 

People need to get a grip.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Our squad is better than Leeds'.

I think the £6m pa coaching team has to be considered as part of that whole assessment of their squad’s capability. 

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Absolutely deluded. Make a joint 18. Probably 5 city players in it

Bentley, Maenpaa, Kalas, Dasilva, Eliasson, Diedhiou, Wells, Afobe,  Benkovic there's 9 for starters.

I'll take Ayling, Douglas, White, Costa, Hernandez, Harrison, Phillips, Kilch, Bamford from them.

Bentley, Maenpaa

Ayling, Dasilva, Kalas, White, Benkovic, Douglas

Eliasson, Costa, Phillips, Kilch, Hernandez, Harrison

Diedhiou, Wells, Afobe, Bamford

Much more strength in depth at the City also. A snake and deluded I don't think so no matter whether you agree or not.

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Absolutely deluded. Make a joint 18. Probably 5 city players in it

Bentley, Ayling, White, Cooper, Dasilva, Phillips, Hernandez, Eliasson, Palmer, Costa, Wells was the XI I could think up off the top of my head and that’s some very good Leeds players missing out.

5 at the outside is what I could come up with and one of those has only just joined us. 

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

He said 18, not 11.

Yes I realised that after I posted it! No doubt we have more quantity in depth but it’s really slim pickings for obvious candidates for improving Leeds best XI in our ranks. 

With the quality of their first team and a multi million pound pa coaching setup, yes they should absolutely be delivering more than an us over 46

30 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Bentley, Maenpaa, Kalas, Dasilva, Eliasson, Diedhiou, Wells, Afobe,  Benkovic there's 9 for starters.

I'll take Ayling, Douglas, White, Costa, Hernandez, Harrison, Phillips, Kilch, Bamford from them.

Bentley, Maenpaa

Ayling, Dasilva, Kalas, White, Benkovic, Douglas

Eliasson, Costa, Phillips, Kilch, Hernandez, Harrison

Diedhiou, Wells, Afobe, Bamford

Much more strength in depth at the City also.

Bentley

Ayling. White Cooper. Dasilva

Hernandez. Phillips. Klich

Costa.  Wells.  Harrison 

subs

Maenpaa, Kalas, Dallas, Smith, Elliason, Diedhiou, Bamford

Fair enough, that’s 10 v 8 but look at the starting XI.  8 Leeds players. Hard to argue against that XI as well.  

There is no way we should be above Leeds, Fulham, West Brom or Brentford. 

22 hours ago, spudski said:

So all these players signed having watched us play, spoke to other players who were already playing here, and chose to come here after finding out what it's like here...hmmmm ?

I can imagine Wells chatting to Brownhill, asking what it's like down here...Brownhill saying...'its Shite, the Coach is clueless and everyone's arguing'...and Well's going...'Sounds great...think I'll sign then' ???

Truth is probably more to do with frustration and getting annoyed that things aren't necessarily pretty at the moment.

Apart from Huddersfield...you can't knock the lads for effort. They give 100% most of the time and you can see the collective disappointment when they lose.

Really? All I can say is ?. If that’s our players giving 100% effort week in week out then we are in serious serious trouble.

6 hours ago, mozo said:

Is it fair to say that Johnson has instilled a work rate on the pitch that we haven't always had, and that we defend for our lives when under the kosh. Those two aspects of Johnson's team seem to be consistent. 

If you call 2me2u then lump it a great work rate then I’ll get my coat. 

I honestly cannot believe what some of our supporters come out with. Still, live and let live I suppose ?

My 3 books:

1) We ourselves down

2) We dust ourselves down again

3) 2 me 2 u, lump it! - A tactical master class from the 8th best young manager

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You said we are ‘playing like parks players’ which is simply not true. There’s no way on earth we would be 7th in this league if it were. 

It's a figure of speech. But you knew that, didn't you?

A figure of speech to illustrate the point that Johnson is currently getting nowhere near enough - in terms of the way we're playing - out of the most expensively assembled squad in our entire history.

Given the ability in the squad, how much of that ability - as a percentage - do you think we're seeing? 100%? 50%? 20%? It's surely not too controversial to suggest that this group of players can play a damn sight better than they currently are?

2 hours ago, Riaz said:

managers are judged by results... especially managers of smaller clubs like ours..

Laughable bollox.

Osman delivered us an FA Cup victory at Anfield for goodness sake but his football was despised.

Tony Pulis was judged on results and nothing else??? Don't think so.

The likes of Terry Cooper, Joe Jordan, Danny Wilson, Steve Cotterill are revered for the way their teams won, not just for the winning. It's one of the defining differences between us and the Sags, ffs. They'll put up with any old sh1te. We don't.  

Christ. It appears the negative net spend is the only argument left. 

1. do we play shit football 75% of the time?

2. Is the team capable of playing well for 90 minutes?

3. Is Johnson getting the best out of this squad?

4. Are we on a downward trajectory?

5. Has Lee Johnson wasted an unprecedented amount of money on incoming transfers when compared with how said players are playing?

If you don’t answer yes, no, no, yes, yes in that order then Quite frankly, you’re deluded. 

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

5. Has Lee Johnson wasted an unprecedented amount of money on incoming transfers when compared with how said players are playing?

If you don’t answer yes, no, no, yes, yes in that order then Quite frankly, you’re deluded. 

Ok, I think I answered yes no yes no no yes yes yes yeeessss!!!! no no no yes! maybe not sure, so I'm definitely confused if not full on delusional...

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Downward trajectory from 17th to 7th :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ok, I think I answered yes no yes no no yes yes yes yeeessss!!!! no no no yes! maybe not sure, so I'm definitely confused if not full on delusional...

One fifth delusional. 

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Downward trajectory from 17th to 7th :laugh:

I think I could’ve better specified my time frame TBH. A better question might have been; “do you think we’ll finish 7th or above?”

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

9A9D1060-E374-4899-AB89-783A3E7CFC37.png

3 hours ago, Riaz said:

Yes we had tho losses for how many years before Johnson become head coach.

Point is, we have made more in players sold, than johnson has spend. You cant deny that. thats a fact.

So he hasnt really spent any money or "been backed"

I’m pretty sure Ashton is the one who’s in credit, seeing as he sanctions every transfer deal. 

LJ is paid to coach, motivate, man-manage, oversee tactics, forge an identity and develop players. He’s only delivering on the latter, consistently failing on the rest. 

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We played higher and pressed higher Dave because a total lack of pace threat from Smith & Bradshaw

ie because we could / & it made made sense

I hope I’m wrong , but I’m doubtful this will be a consistent or even regular approach 

Quite possibly, and very noticeable that in the second half the distances increased and our performance decreased!!! 

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Also helps having Baker and Kalas over Williams. LJ said he chose Pereira over hunt for pace reasons too.

He did, but the team don’t move their distances as a team together.  

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

You think our squad is better than West Brom, Fulham and Leeds?! Wow 

I think those 3 standout too.  But I don’t think there is anything between our squad and Forest, Brentford and Preston...and better than the chasing pack.

And to add to the debate, of course, the likes of Stoke and Boro, should be doing better, we are outperforming them.

But we shouldn’t strive to be better than under-performers.  We should strive to be better than those 3 teams directly above us.

No-one will be more delighted if we win Saturday v Fulham, even more so if LJ shows consistency in team system / selection!!  I am still deflated, but I can be pumped back up....not just for one game, but if we can build momentum.

Archived