IGNORED

Liam Walsh

Finley_Smith10

4 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Nagy, but again, not something we could have predicted at the time....

I heard that rumour a while ago, but wasn’t it just social media speculation? After all Nagy played in Italy for three years before he joined our club ... strange that he’d suddenly be homesick after being abroad for that long ...

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I've never really understood people that don't rate Walsh. Or at least see how good he can, and in my opinion will be.

Because bar 45 minutes v Stoke I’ve yet to see enough there at Championship level. Potential is a difficult one to gauge. Had he had 3/4 games similar to Stoke I might feel more confident.

As @Robbored says there is a big gulf between LG1 (where highlights, and reports seem to suggest he’s excelling) and Champ.

I hope he does come back and do well.

39 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I heard that rumour a while ago, but wasn’t it just social media speculation? After all Nagy played in Italy for three years before he joined our club ... strange that he’d suddenly be homesick after being abroad for that long ...

Might be more his missus not enjoying it here

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Because bar 45 minutes v Stoke I’ve yet to see enough there at Championship level. Potential is a difficult one to gauge. Had he had 3/4 games similar to Stoke I might feel more confident.

As @Robbored says there is a big gulf between LG1 (where highlights, and reports seem to suggest he’s excelling) and Champ.

Fair enough. I didnt mean you as wasn't aware you didnt rate him. But some saying he's a failure of a signing etc.

Maybe some not learning from the Taylor Moore signing that players can get better.

I think as far as attributes go it looked even early on that we had a special prospect in Walsh. His touch and ability to pass with either foot is of real quality imo.

I'd love to see him in our side next season.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fair enough. I didnt mean you as wasn't aware you didnt rate him. But some saying he's a failure of a signing etc.

Maybe some not learning from the Taylor Moore signing that players can get better.

I think as far as attributes go it looked even early on that we had a special prospect in Walsh. His touch and ability to pass with either foot is of real quality imo.

I'd love to see him in our side next season.

He will be my “reverse” Cauley Woodrow ???

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He confirmed it himself in a pre-match presser.  I think it was more to do with the weather.  He's used to living in warmer climes, so coming over here in time for autumn/winter was a shock to the system and they've gotten over it.

On 03/03/2020 at 20:55, Davefevs said:

Similar things could be said of Massengo and Nagy who have been living off the Fulham (A) and Huddersfield (H) games.

listen - he is easily championship class

he arrived as a boy, but now he runs games in the middle

Our captain calls him "Messi" and says he is a cert for the premier league

So long as you are a team who do not play hoof ball, and play the ball through the thirds, he will be your star player next season

No problem bumping this post up again.  

Have a listen around 11:00mins and LJ states quite clearly he now expects Walsh   back with us next season and playing plenty of games for BCFC.

To me that is good news and LJ claims that he is a player they would go out and buy now, but of course he is ours !   He states he needed games Saturday Tuesday  Saturday and play the 40 odd games as he has done..  Now ready for championship......

Coventry and expect him to be in the League One Team of the season...  well......  Lets see

Isn`t he starting his last year of his contract in the summer?

Let`s hope he doesn`t think he can do better than us given the season he`s had - he always seems a confident lad who believes in himself so he could well think he can.

I hope not as I`m looking forward to seeing him as a regular for us.

44 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

No problem bumping this post up again.  

Have a listen around 11:00mins and LJ states quite clearly he now expects Walsh   back with us next season and playing plenty of games for BCFC.

To me that is good news and LJ claims that he is a player they would go out and buy now, but of course he is ours !   He states he needed games Saturday Tuesday  Saturday and play the 40 odd games as he has done..  Now ready for championship......

Coventry and expect him to be in the League One Team of the season...  well......  Lets see

I did see pat of an interview with Walsh, I think it was from earlier in the Season, where he states he's planning on coming back. I've rated him from the off, and with Morrell doing well maybe have the makings of a decent pass and move midfield.

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Isn`t he starting his last year of his contract in the summer?

Let`s hope he doesn`t think he can do better than us given the season he`s had - he always seems a confident lad who believes in himself so he could well think he can.

I hope not as I`m looking forward to seeing him as a regular for us.

Contract ends this summer, but eventually we found out he has a year extension...which I assume has been or will be exercised.

Not to say there won’t be interest, even from Coventry, should they get promoted.

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I did see pat of an interview with Walsh, I think it was from earlier in the Season, where he states he's planning on coming back. I've rated him from the off, and with Morrell doing well maybe have the makings of a decent pass and move midfield.

Interesting that Morrell played a more attacking midfield role yesterday and scored.

I reckon Walsh and Korey could compliment each other very well.

Morrell and Massengo as back up.

Bit short some might say? Well I don't see that as a problem. Korey solid, Walsh and Morrell in particular very aggressive. Massengo will be the best of the lot.

Not sure what we then do with Nagy. I don't think we will be needing to buy any new central midfielders in the summer.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

We all know it's a big step up from League 1, however Walsh has been storming it. Watching his highlights at Coventry, he's everything we've been missing in midfield imo.

The quality of L1 midfielders is why he’s tearing up the league. He’s obviously a step up on the majority of them and no doubt Tinnion will have passed that on to LJ who said when he went out that Walsh ‘needs regular league football’. There’s was little opportunity of him getting regular games at City.

Maybe Walsh has improved sufficiently to be in LJs plans next season.

9 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Listening to that I/V with LJ from yesterday there can be no doubt.... barring injury he's back ..

But will he play?  Same with Morrell. Lot of competition for the positions both play in!!

Smith - out of contract this summer, but unless he’s the makeweight to allow the above to get gametime, I’d expect him to get a extension.

Massengo

Nagy

Rowe

Palmer

Paterson

O’Dowda (can play centrally)

Szmodics

Bakinson

Assumes Lee doesn’t want someone new in too!!!

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

I like 'ballers ??

_________________GK__________________

Moore_________Kalas____________Baker

________Morrell________Nagy__________

Walsh_____HNM/Palmer_______Dasilva

________Wells__________Afobe_________

I'm not getting the Morrell love in on here.

Archived