IGNORED

Kasey Palmer (Merged)

BigAl&Toby

The reported fall out many weeks ago that was rubbished by some must have happened.

He has gone from a regular starter to an occasional sub at best and before people start on form, yes he has not been great in the fleeting glimpses we have seen of late BUT :-

1. that can be said of many others who continue to get chances

2. he is often coming on from the bench in to a side performing poorly, often losing the game and is expected to turn it on and ends up trying too hard

7 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

LJ really has lost it

When is SL going to realise what is going on there

It is LJs job to manage the players

But all he does is upset them

LJ IS NOT BIGGER THAN THIS CLUB

But but but, Kasey Palmer has been sh*t.  Why does him being left out prove that LJ has lost it?  Palmer needs to realise that the world doesn’t owe him a living.

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

But but but, Kasey Palmer has been sh*t.  Why does him being left out prove that LJ has lost it?  Palmer needs to realise that the world doesn’t owe him a living.

Yes but he should get a run in the team, not 10 mins every couple of weeks. Joke.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

“Kasey Palmer has been shit”- He’s played 33 minutes since the Sheffield Wednesday game in December. THIRTY THREE. Everyone has been terrible lately and Kasey still can’t get a decent look in. Somethings not right. 

Think he needs a runner ahead of him to be effective. We didn't sign one in the window despite trying to.

So... that's the football reason I believe is behind him not playing. So rather than a failure of man management I think it's a failure of the transfer team, to bring him in, and/or to fail to bring in players that work for him.

3 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

“Kasey Palmer has been shit”- He’s played 33 minutes since the Sheffield Wednesday game in December. THIRTY THREE. Everyone has been terrible lately and Kasey still can’t get a decent look in. Somethings not right. 

He also played 90 against Shrewsbury in the cup and was the only decent performer that day. 

2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Think he needs a runner ahead of him to be effective. We didn't sign one in the window despite trying to.

So... that's the football reason I believe is behind him not playing. So rather than a failure of man management I think it's a failure of the transfer team, to bring him in, and/or to fail to bring in players that work for him.

Nahki Wells?

Kasey Palmer is a quality attacking midfielder who should be playing at the head of a midfield free / in behind a forward who makes runs.  We haven't given him the opportunity to succeed this season which is a real shame.  I'd very much enjoy the sort of football that he could enable us to play - incisive counter attacks in behind the defence rather than aimless ******* punts at Fam. 

5 minutes ago, Kibs said:

He also played 90 against Shrewsbury in the cup and was the only decent performer that day. 

Nahki Wells?

Course, yeah. Blimey I forgot about that game. When we switched to 4-2-3-1 with him central he looked really good and I thought that was a positive sign of things to come but alas 

13 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Yes but he should get a run in the team, not 10 mins every couple of weeks. Joke.

Disagree completely. Everytime he's come on recently he's made is look like we're playing with 10 men. Cannot believe for 1 second fans would be willing to accept his performances and us looking even weaker just to give him a run. He has not even come close to improving us when he's come on and given how we've been playing we cannot afford to carry players just because KP is popular.  You can also guarantee it would take about 5 minutes of him on the pitch before fans start tearing in to Lee again. This is just an excuse to have another go at LJ again and is getting boring now.

I'm in no way happy with the tactics or team performances lately and beginning to think LJ has taken us as far as he can, but Palmer isn't the answer to our problems.

Kasey needs to be impressing regularly in training and earning his chance rather than just starting him in the hope he gets better or might improve us.

And if the rumour is true that hes been given the afternoon of to go site seeing then he should have said, no it's ok, I'm going to come and watch and support the team from the stands. 

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Course, yeah. Blimey I forgot about that game. When we switched to 4-2-3-1 with him central he looked really good and I thought that was a positive sign of things to come but alas 

7 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Nahki Wells?

He didn't track the runner for the goal that knocked us out. That was the end of him.

Nahki Wells isn't that defence stretching player from what I've seen.

6 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Kasey Palmer is a quality attacking midfielder who should be playing at the head of a midfield free / in behind a forward who makes runs.  We haven't given him the opportunity to succeed this season which is a real shame.  I'd very much enjoy the sort of football that he could enable us to play - incisive counter attacks in behind the defence rather than aimless ******* punts at Fam. 

100% this

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Who’s said he does believe the world owes him a living? You suggesting he has a bad attitude?

17 minutes ago, Prinny said:

He didn't track the runner for the goal that knocked us out. That was the end of him.

Against Birmingham Weimann scored one of the worst, stupidest own goals I’ve ever seen and then proceeded to put in one of the worst performances in recent memory.

He’s starting today. In Kasey’s position. 

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Against Birmingham Weimann scored one of the worst, stupidest own goals I’ve ever seen and then proceeded to put in one of the worst performances in recent memory.

He’s starting today. In Kasey’s position. 

Technical error isn't the same as a not following instructions/lack of effort error. 

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Neither of these two are playing today. When asked why he said “not in the squad”. 

When asked why he shrugged his shoulders, said “no idea” and walked off. Didn’t look happy.

Head coach. I wouldn’t trust him behind the wheel of a Peter Carol.....

7C992701-E565-4F9E-AEE4-109A5433C39D.jpeg

To be fair, Kasey hasn’t looked great when he does play, it’s one of the few decisions I actually agree with

Palmer looked classy at the start of the season when he had Afobe, a quality striker at this level, making probing runs ahead of him. It’s no coincidence his form dropped after Benik got injured.

There’s no other striker in the squad who’s on Kasey’s wavelength. Maybe Wells is but we’ve yet to see it.

Sometimes players, especially maverick ones, need an arm around the shoulder and to be encouraged instead of being made a scapegoat by a manager who barely played a game for anyone else than his old man. 

2 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Neither of these two are playing today. When asked why he said “not in the squad”. 

When asked why he shrugged his shoulders, said “no idea” and walked off. Didn’t look happy.

Head coach. I wouldn’t trust him behind the wheel of a Peter Carol.....

7C992701-E565-4F9E-AEE4-109A5433C39D.jpeg

You’re a fair bit younger than I imagined 

Archived