IGNORED

Chelsea v Liverpool FA Cup

Just watching it now, second half....

From 1997. On iplayer. It's bloody good!

Chelsea have come back from 0:2 and it's now 4:2, and the place is jumping. I mean, proper boiling atmosphere. 

The game has a bit of everything along with a crackling atmosphere : slightly bobbly pitch, not 70s mud bath but not 200 0s billiard table; sliding tackles; bog rolls lobbed on the pitch; end to end action (not much "possession" football); Stan Collymore losing his shit; a few quality Johnny Foreigners, ie Zola; and a three-sided mid-development Stamford Bridge with just a great, old school atmosphere that seems to have gone from much of football now (clearly, two down, four two up does help).

And Kevin Hitchcock in goal ..... 

If I was Liverpool fan , I'd not be happy with Klopp or the teams performance in the 2nd half

Firstly Team selection - several first teamers not in starting eleven  in a match they had to win to progress and rebuild confidence after recent defeats.

Substitutions should have been made a lot earlier . Perhaps bring Famino and Salah on at half time. Lalana did nothing all game. Bringing  Salah on with 10 minutes left and 2 -0 down was inexplicable

No shots on target after 31 minutes  showed how little danger that team posed to Chelsea in the 2nd half.

Sound familiar ? Can just imagine the comments on here if LJ made these mistake sin a must win game....and quite right too.

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

If I was Liverpool fan , I'd not be happy with Klopp or the teams performance in the 2nd half

Firstly Team selection - several first teamers not in starting eleven  in a match they had to win to progress and rebuild confidence after recent defeats.

Substitutions should have been made a lot earlier . Perhaps bring Famino and Salah on at half time. Lalana did nothing all game. Bringing  Salah on with 10 minutes left and 2 -0 down was inexplicable

No shots on target after 31 minutes  showed how little danger that team posed to Chelsea in the 2nd half.

Sound familiar ? Can just imagine the comments on here if LJ made these mistake sin a must win game....and quite right too.

I don't think Liverpool fans are too bothered. they want the premier League not even sure they will be that bothered if they go out of the CL next week.

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

Looks at their team selection in the replay vs Shrewsbury, Klopp's not concerned by the FA cup this season and its the same reason the subs weren't made earlier so the players didn't get too many minutes.

Archived