IGNORED

Steve L interview

Ska Junkie

10 hours ago, maxjak said:

Oh God................NO!!

Oh God.........................pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

8 of those 9 in the PL..............would you be complaining then? 

RR........No need to worry...........wont happen

11 hours ago, extonsred said:

My worry was his saying Dicks had 9 years - and so will give LJ the same whatever! 

In fairness he also said it was a ‘ different time ‘ .

Who did Alan Dicks have to sell to balance the books for FFP  ?

I know SL is an honourable man who values trust and honesty but  this could just be his downfall as he is maybe the only owner  in football who is . 

He is perhaps too close to his protege to take decisions that hurt . 

I hope SL and LJ prove me wrong, I really do . 

I like SL...he comes across as a well meaning individual and has done great things for Bristol.

He is also honest in saying he's got an Ego...and that Ego imo, is about leaving a Legacy in Bristol. Will Lansdown be mentioned as much as Brunel in years to come?

Either way...we benefit from his legacy building.

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

I like SL...he comes across as a well meaning individual and has done great things for Bristol.

He is also honest in saying he's got an Ego...and that Ego imo, is about leaving a Legacy in Bristol. Will Lansdown be mentioned as much as Brunel in years to come?

Either way...we benefit from his legacy building.

Only by football fans if he delivers Premier League football, I would suggest.

Also interesting in the interview that he can conceive of City getting to the Premier League but then being relegated. He only alludes to this but it's there - the possible scenario of City as a yo-yo club.

I'm sure we could live with that. For a while.     

12 hours ago, maxjak said:

I was in the DOLMAN for that Hartlepool game..........and the reaction when that last minute winner went in WAS extraordinary ?  

I was in the Dolman for that amazing game as well.

The stand was literally rocking (the floor was moving up and down) . I was thinking that it was about to collapse.

I remember emailing Doug Harman after the game suggesting that they get in a structural engineer to check it over.

Since then of course the stand was completely refurbished. 

17 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Not for FFP, obviously, but Garland.

We were never a rich club and couldn't turn Chelsea's offer down.

I know this and it’s the same old story if the big clubs come sniffing round the money for player and club is difficult to turn down .

Kevin ‘ superstar ‘ Mabbutt also went , to Palace . 

17 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Not for FFP, obviously, but Garland.

We were never a rich club and couldn't turn Chelsea's offer down.

Followed within a couple of years by CG's replacement Peter Spiring, 60k (also a fairly big fee in those days) to Liverpool.

20 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

I was in the Dolman for that amazing game as well.

The stand was literally rocking (the floor was moving up and down) . I was thinking that it was about to collapse.

I remember emailing Doug Harman after the game suggesting that they get in a structural engineer to check it over.

Since then of course the stand was completely refurbished. 

It was truly amazing and a bit scary to feel the stand shaking!.Talk about the place rocking........

I look back on Danny Wilson’s days with find memories of that era. Real pity he didn’t win anything.

14 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It is pretty much all they have to cling on to TBH. If they accept that he is actually in it for the long haul their final faint hope of ever getting remotely close to, let alone overtaking, us vanishes in a puff of smoke and they would have to face the grim reality of their own situation.

Unfortunately if we keep playing as we have the last few months then mid - table obviously we all know could be a possibility. Rovers on the other hand and i hate to say it are doing quite well. 

If things do not change soon they will possibly be close to us in the next year or so and the local derbies will be back.

19 minutes ago, City oz said:

Unfortunately if we keep playing as we have the last few months then mid - table obviously we all know could be a possibility. Rovers on the other hand and i hate to say it are doing quite well. 

If things do not change soon they will possibly be close to us in the next year or so and the local derbies will be back.

Is this the same Rovers who have 1 win in 14 games.......?  And yet you see our form as failing......?  I'm very confused right now!

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

In fairness he also said it was a ‘ different time ‘ .

Who did Alan Dicks have to sell to balance the books for FFP  ?

I know SL is an honourable man who values trust and honesty but  this could just be his downfall as he is maybe the only owner  in football who is . 

He is perhaps too close to his protege to take decisions that hurt . 

I hope SL and LJ prove me wrong, I really do . 

I really appreciate how lucky we are to have SL. I also have wanted and still want LJ to be successful but at this moment in time after the successes of 2 years ago defending him is becoming more challenging. If things don't change and soon then optimism and goodwill will diminish and back we slide again. 

Have renewed - not with enthusiasm or confidence but with hope which wears a bit thin after many years supporting the Robins. 

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, a real shit day when 35,000 of you go to Wembley and pick up a cup.

Classic Robbored, again!

I always felt embarrassed qualifying for the Tin Top cup which is for ‘smaller’ clubs. The thought of being in that category grated on me.

I had a few days out at Wembley but couldn’t tell you who against.............:dunno:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I always felt embarrassed qualifying for the Tin Top cup which is for ‘smaller’ clubs. The thought of being in that category grated on me.

I had a few days out at Wembley but couldn’t tell you who against.............:dunno:

Depends on who Rovers were playing 

Arrogant to say we didn't belong in the cup though given all teams in the division participate when you consider how many years we spend in league 1 vs the divisions above

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Arrogant to say we didn't belong in the cup though given all teams in the division participate when you consider how many years we spend in league 1 vs the divisions above

I didn’t say we didn’t belong in it - I said that to me it was an embarrassment qualifying it.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One of those with the sags wasn't it?

Embarrassed to go to the final with your own club but not embarrassed driving a load of gas heads to a final

Archived