IGNORED

Villa's finances and FFP

harvey54

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Gotta say if this in any way came to pass, the money would have to be clawed back somehow...

If this came to pass and relegation spots etc were decided as of now, Aston Villa would be in big bother once more...mind you they'd be in very good company! :whistle2:

HaHa.

There are some Villa fans insisting that the season be made null and void now, and therefore avoiding any potential relegation. I'm trying to be the voice of reason and saying that the remaining fixtures will be played. We will have to win games to stay up.

3 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

HaHa.

There are some Villa fans insisting that the season be made null and void now, and therefore avoiding any potential relegation. I'm trying to be the voice of reason and saying that the remaining fixtures will be played. We will have to win games to stay up.

Was on a bit of a ? trip tbh haha. 

Remaining games played? Depends how bad the virus might get...hopefully the season can be concluded at all levels one way or another though.

Does open a bit of a legal can of worms if it's voided though...in terms of broadcasters/PL/compensation.

There will be no problems for Villa because ffp restrictions will be lifted due to exceptional circumstances. Use your brain and take off your tinted glasses.

not sure why the pl would relegate one of its members just to satisfy some Championship club.

Cant see how games will be played. We’re almost at the point where behind closed doors will be too dangerous.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see next season affected, let alone this one.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Next season could well be affected, depending on how it drags and develops.

FFP aside, I think current promotion and relegation positions is the best solution. Effective from next season, or whenever that next season might be.

I agree. Obviously I would expect us to be awarded 3 points for our game in hand.

That would leave us in 16th spot.

14 minutes ago, Delta said:

I agree. Obviously I would expect us to be awarded 3 points for our game in hand.

Ha! :)

Points per game or pools panel...Probably credited an extra 0.89 pts. Round it up to 1 or 2 and still down you go on GD.

Ppg means you go down...Pools Panel, who knows!

Season 63/63 when we had a prolonged spell of snow and temperatures under freezing there was a big backlog with some teams playing just two or three games between December and end of March. Cup final was late may I think and League Cup after that.

So thinking about it, a prolonged season could be achieved but I would think six weeks would be the cut off to enable a break between the seasons - easily enough time for 9 games.

(sorry to interrupt the wind up)

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Season 63/63 when we had a prolonged spell of snow and temperatures under freezing there was a big backlog with some teams playing just two or three games between December and end of March. Cup final was late may I think and League Cup after that.

So thinking about it, a prolonged season could be achieved but I would think six weeks would be the cut off to enable a break between the seasons - easily enough time for 9 games.

(sorry to interrupt the wind up)

Can't play at home on the 9th June, unless the Killers take to the stage in the fan zone?

21 minutes ago, Delta said:

The Premier League  announced they are to use software developed by Duckworth & Lewis To calculate final positions 

By their calculation , you needed to reach 41 points by now to avoid relegation

Welcome back to the Championship 

The real interesting thing is Villa have a game in hand on everyone around them.  If somehow they deemed the season stops now they'd still need to play that fixture to catch up.

The game in hand is against Sheffield United.  If Villa won they'd stay up, if Sheff Utd win they'd end up in the CL (assuming Man City appeal fails) -  couldn't make it up.. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was on a bit of a ? trip tbh haha. 

Remaining games played? Depends how bad the virus might get...hopefully the season can be concluded at all levels one way or another though.

Does open a bit of a legal can of worms if it's voided though...in terms of broadcasters/PL/compensation.

Exactly. Liverpool wouldn't be happy, Wolves and Sheffield United have a shot at Champions League as do Tottenham.

Leeds and West Brom could sue for loss of earnings and the playoff contenders are being done over as well. And then there's overseas TV money to think about. International broadcasters pay big money.

Last year the international TV income for every single Premier League club was £43.1m whether it was Man City or Fulham. 

1 hour ago, Delta said:

There will be no problems for Villa because ffp restrictions will be lifted due to exceptional circumstances. Use your brain and take off your tinted glasses.

not sure why the pl would relegate one of its members just to satisfy some Championship club.

Cant see how games will be played. We’re almost at the point where behind closed doors will be too dangerous.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see next season affected, let alone this one.

We have not failed FFP, Delta. We have no FFP problems.

Unless The PL, EFL or Aston Villa say otherwise.

2 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

We have not failed FFP, Delta. We have no FFP problems.

Unless The PL, EFL or Aston Villa say otherwise.

I know this-have you not read my comments on the ffp thread?

pops jumped the gun as usual and suggested that we may be in trouble if games are pulled and we are relegated. The point i was making was that under exceptional circumstances, ffp would have to be relaxed, not just for us but everyone.  Obviously when it suits them, owners can chuck what they want in.

even if ffp wasn’t relaxed, a cash injection would be classed as an exceptional payment and not be counted as far as ffp is concerned.

9 minutes ago, AnAstonVillafan said:

Exactly. Liverpool wouldn't he happy, Wolves and Sheffield United have a shot at Champions League as do Tottenham. Leeds and West Brom could sue for loss of earnings and the playoff contenders are being done over as well. And then there's overseas TV money to think about. International broadcasters pay big money.

Last year the international TV income for every single Premier League club was £43.1m whether it was Man City or Fulham. 

Nobody could sue unless there has been a breech of contact/agreement.  EFL clubs have no connection to the pl so I’m not sure what grounds they would have anyway.

we don’t know how PL rules are worded.

in any case, the more likely route would be via the CAS.  On what planet would anyone determine that a football clubs profit comes before people’s lives.

forget about anyone being sued because it aint gonna happen.

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The Premier League  announced they are to use software developed by Duckworth & Lewis To calculate final positions 

By their calculation , you needed to reach 41 points by now to avoid relegation

Welcome back to the Championship 

Bob, I thought they were saving that for a rainy day.

1 hour ago, Delta said:

Nobody could sue unless there has been a breech of contact/agreement.  EFL clubs have no connection to the pl so I’m not sure what grounds they would have anyway.

we don’t know how PL rules are worded.

in any case, the more likely route would be via the CAS.  On what planet would anyone determine that a football clubs profit comes before people’s lives.

forget about anyone being sued because it aint gonna happen.

I could see legal routes being pursued- I wasn't jumping the gun I was fishing a bit.

Overall probably not but I do wonder...there is potential for lawyers on a variety of sides to get quite active and rich. This should supersede all of that however.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I could see legal routes being pursued- I wasn't jumping the gun I was fishing a bit.

Overall probably not but I do wonder...there is potential for lawyers on a variety of sides to get quite active and rich. This should supersede all of that however.

On what basis could someone sue if they have only completed 75% of the season?  Surely the prize for promotion goes to the team who FINISHES in the top 2, not who is there with a quarter of the season left in an abandoned season - Do we accept results as they stood when matches were abandoned?

This is going to be a national crisis.  The Government are almost certain to step in and ban public gatherings - That may even extend to a couple of hundred people involved in a behind closed doors game.  Furthermore, players may well force the issue further by asking not to/refusing to play.

If the EFL cannot give Leeds the platform to complete their season, the PL will be in the clear straight away.  This leaves the option of Leeds suing the EFL.   How could the EFL be at fault if the Governement had forced them to shut down?

You have stood on your soap box for 3 years about unfair sporting advantages - A calculation on points per game gives the higher placed sides an unfair sporting advantage over the others and deprives teams the sporting opportunity of a late burst.

Suing will be out of the question and that's without me even looking at the relevant rules of both the EFL & PL.  As a compromise (and purely at the PL's discretion), it could be the case that nobody is relegated and 2 teams are allowed to come up - With 4 going down the following season. 

11 hours ago, Delta said:

Not famous but still have a 7 page (and growing) thread on here.

Why laugh about a chant regarding an achievement 40 years ago? It is simply a response to tin pot fans like Spurs when they try to take the piss - Nothing for you to wet your Y fronts over.

??? calling spurs tin pot now. What a belter you are. More deluded than rovers and that’s ******* saying something . 

13 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Poch to Villa hahahaha.

Probably the most unrealistic rumour/suggestion we’ve seen on OTIB and that is really saying something.

More chance of them taking LJ!

You say that but, when Steve Bruce was struggling there were a lot of fans who wanted him out.

A small few identified LJ as an up and coming English coach who could get Villa playing the right way. 

On 13/03/2020 at 07:44, Delta said:

Not famous but still have a 7 page (and growing) thread on here.

Why laugh about a chant regarding an achievement 40 years ago? It is simply a response to tin pot fans like Spurs when they try to take the piss - Nothing for you to wet your Y fronts over.

Tin pot Spurs? Christ alive. Take a look at yourself. Incredible delusion.

39 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I can only presume that the Brummie translation of "champions league finalists last season" is tin pot.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sensible Villa fan on SSN just now (Dan Bardell).  Obviously wants to Villa to stay up in their own right, but also mindful of potentially being unfair on Champ sides.

First time Ive seen  "Villa" and  "unfair to championship sides" in the same sentence. :) 

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Tin pot fans - Which part of this are you struggling to comprehend?

Spurs are catchable in any case - Just because they punched above their weight for a few years doesn't mean they'll continue indefinitely. 

Archived