IGNORED

Bottom of the Champoinship.

Roadrunner

Al  lot of posts on here stating we only had 1 or 2 shoots on target. Which i always say are down to poor tactics/coaching. This stat backs up that statement, if don't attack in the area you wont score goals. If we had got and converted say another 3 o 4 pens could have been worth another 3-8 points.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB2

22nd - Shots

22nd - Shots on-target

21st - Shots in the box

21st - xG

10th - xG from open play

19th - Touches in the box

19th - Deep completions

11th - Very deep completions

18th - Possession

7th - League position#BristolCity

4 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

22nd - Shots

22nd - Shots on-target

21st - Shots in the box

21st - xG

10th - xG from open play

19th - Deep completions

18th - Possession

Just imagine this forum if we were 7th for deep completions and xG but 21st in the table... 

8 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

22nd - Shots

22nd - Shots on-target

21st - Shots in the box

21st - xG

10th - xG from open play

19th - Deep completions

18th - Possession

So bored of the stats culture. 

Last time I looked, I think only2 or teams had scored more than 2 goals more than us. 
Our defensive record is far more of a problem to our top 6 challenge, than our goal scoring has been. 

Which is strange because individually, our defenders have been decent, on the whole. 

40 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Just imagine this forum if we were 7th for deep completions and xG but 21st in the table... 

Apparently for some that's far more important than silly things like league position (my own personal view is that this will last approximately 5 minutes if it actually happened).

41 minutes ago, RedDave said:

So bored of the stats culture. 

It's a funny one when you think about it.

People use stats to fit agenda it seems.

People who don't like stats, will now start using them to 'prove' how bad we are.

The only stat that's worthwhile right now is we are 7th.

Same people will call for Warnock to be manager...yet his 'stats' are even worse when it comes to playing 'football'.

Go figure...

This forum wants top 6, entertaining football and identity. That's the long and short of it. Everything else is just knobbing about.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

People who don't like stats, will now start using them to 'prove' how bad we are.

Same people will call for Warnock to be manager...yet his 'stats' are even worse when it comes to playing 'football'.

Go figure...

This forum wants top 6, entertaining football and identity. That's the long and short of it. Everything else is just knobbing about.

But there is some value to the stats. They back up those of us who say we’ve had more than our fair share of luck this season. 

We are indeed 7th and ordinarily you’d think we’d be crazy to be calling for the managers head, but the warning signs are there. 

I wonder whether most people would consider us to be more likely to be in a relegation or promotion battle should LJ be our head coach for the entirety of next season?

Its been a bizarre old season. 

17 minutes ago, spudski said:

Go figure...

72% the percentage of fans who adopt their point of view due to hating LJ personally. 

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

But there is some value to the stats. They back up those of us who say we’ve had more than our fair share of luck this season. 

We are indeed 7th and ordinarily you’d think we’d be crazy to be calling for the managers head, but the warning signs are there. 

I wonder whether most people would consider us to be more likely to be in a relegation or promotion battle should LJ be our head coach for the entirety of next season?

Have we? Based on what? I don't go to away games any more but off the top of my head I can't think of many 'bloody hell we got away with that' moments. Late winner v Charlton turned 1 point into 3 but hard to see how it was lucky, and the one that immediately sticks out the other way is PNE away where we had two points stolen by the officials.

I tend to feel that over 46 games much of the 'luck' is balanced out for most teams.

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I am of the opinion that the table doesn’t lie but agree the stats are quite damming and we are certainly fortunate to be where we are given the most damming is the -2 gd.

i have been an LJ fan he has turned us into a very competitive championship side managing within a defined recruitment plan of selling our best talent.

i do however think their needs to be a full evaluation at the end of season if we fail to reach the playoffs.

has he taken us as far as he can...jury is out for me but the style of football has gone backwards since Bobby Reid and the high press season

1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah I’m sure...for me I always thought he was a decent midfielder, kept the ball well never hid even if he had a bad game...unfair opinion the nepotism piece for me??

Only saw him play 45 mins v Watford.  Didn’t really take much notice of his game, more interested in watching Noble and McIndoe.

10 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I have always wondered about this...where do you think hatred is from his playing days with us?

I don’t think it’s that. I think when he was appointed fans were underwhelmed as he was experienced and have been waiting to slag him off ever since. Certain fans give him no credit whatsoever 

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I don’t think it’s that. I think when he was appointed fans were underwhelmed as he was experienced and have been waiting to slag him off ever since. Certain fans give him no credit whatsoever 

Yeah it’s sad that he gets a lot of abuse, I never saw too much underwhelming on here when he was appointed on here albeit  this is a very small proportion of fan base

32 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yeah I’m sure...for me I always thought he was a decent midfielder, kept the ball well never hid even if he had a bad game...unfair opinion the nepotism piece for me??

always said we would have beaten hull at Wembley had LJ started …..and stayed up in 2013 if he stayed fit

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

22nd - Shots

22nd - Shots on-target

21st - Shots in the box

21st - xG

10th - xG from open play

19th - Deep completions

18th - Possession

Yep - here’s the source of all that if anyone is interested ... posted on here yesterday ... he seems genuine, he’s a football betting analyst with 26k followers on Twitter ...

46 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Not sure if your messing with me mate, thought you were a long time st holder!!

Nah, part time Bill ?

I went in the old first division days when my dad could afford it....then I always played Saturday’s, youth football then adult...so went to occasional night matches, or when my own games postponed.  And it wasn’t until 2013/14 season, I started taking Joe, and had ST since then.

The Watford game was the only live game I saw over the GJ years.  Married, young family, and all that, so hardly went in the 2000s.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, part time Bill ?

I went in the old first division days when my dad could afford it....then I always played Saturday’s, youth football then adult...so went to occasional night matches, or when my own games postponed.  And it wasn’t until 2013/14 season, I started taking Joe, and had ST since then.

The Watford game was the only live game I saw over the GJ years.  Married, young family, and all that, so hardly went in the 2000s.

I heard you played on Sundays too? I also heard that team’s player manager was a right old tosser!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I heard you played on Sundays too? I also heard that team’s player manager was a right old tosser!

Just a rumour....the first bit ???

Wasn't Mark “Whatever his name was” the manager?  But he never bothered turning up, so you took over?  I still have some of the match day programmes in the loft!!

Archived