IGNORED

Todays interviews

bcfc01

Really like Callum. Seems like a nice guy. Tries his hardest on the pitch.

Good that he doesn't go on Twitter as many of our fans seem to hate him.

Love Jamie Mac interviews...so easy to read. I reckon he's half Italian ?

Anyone who's studied body language will understand. Completely relaxed and comfortable when using hand gestures...not so much when scratching nose, ear, head after commenting. Compelling stuff ??

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

Love Jamie Mac interviews...so easy to read. I reckon he's half Italian ?

Anyone who's studied body language will understand. Completely relaxed and comfortable when using hand gestures...not so much when scratching nose, ear, head after commenting. Compelling stuff ??

The scratching etc tells you he is not entirely comfortable in that situation.

4 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

The scratching etc tells you he is not entirely comfortable in that situation.

Yet so comfortable in other parts of the interview. I don't need telling... I've studied this shit, been on courses etc...took interviews, been employed to watch body language. Been a few years since, but I can't imagine the evolution of man has changed much in 20 years. It speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Really like Callum. Seems like a nice guy. Tries his hardest on the pitch.

Good that he doesn't go on Twitter as many of our fans seem to hate him.

One of the worst players in recent history and was absolutely criminal to be a given a new contract. Robs a living.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yet so comfortable in other parts of the interview. I don't need telling... I've studied this shit, been on courses etc...took interviews, been employed to watch body language. Been a few years since, but I can't imagine the evolution of man has changed much in 20 years. It speaks volumes.

Ditto.

Was very relaxed at some points, but at others not so much.

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Really brilliant in training ? Yes, of course they are, they're up against players of equal quality (make of that what you will).

There's something to be said about that...all the players are training knowing the game plan.

Do it on match day...not so much.

And this is where I think we fall short.

Many times we hear we train well...start with a game plan, then have to change during the game.

My thoughts are...do we have little confidence in our own ability if it's not going so well as in training...which is understandable...but needs faith.

Or...we don't do enough due diligence on the opposition and how they play.

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Really brilliant in training ? Yes, of course they are, they're up against players of equal quality (make of that what you will).

There’s no pressure in training like there is during a match. Joe Cole on bt spoke about there being plenty of world class players in training that don’t show up on game day . 

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

There's something to be said about that...all the players are training knowing the game plan.

Many times we hear we train well...start with a game plan, then have to change during the game.

My thoughts are...do we have little confidence in our own ability if it's not going so well as in training...which is understandable...but needs faith.

Could it be a case that LJ changes the game plan too often. A set way of playing that is well coached would become second nature on the pitch . There’s partnerships throughout a team that players become used to.  If that constantly changes , there’s no cohesion. 

40 minutes ago, spudski said:

Is there anything that you're not an expert on?

38 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Absolutely. A weak, gutless, and useless player who offers absolutely nothing 99% of the time. 

I can tell you now CoD will mature into a very influential player......and when he finishes his playing career he’ll become a very decent manager.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can tell you now CoD will mature into a very influential player......and when he finishes his playing career he’ll become a very decent manager.

DM me with the weekends winning lottery numbers as well please babber.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thanks for that @Robbored Incredible powers of future vision  that you have. And I'm sure everyone on OTIB would like to thank you for this.

"Is there a certain lack of attacking fluidity" he is asked................"Not at all, if you saw us in training, the amount of goals we score and how clinical we are"    Yep. thats all very well, but the idea is, to do it during matches and not versus the cones on the training pitch!!?   A few more shots on target during actual matches might be the way to go?  Yeah really compelling.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Whenever there's speculation on here about what might happen in the next 24 hours you always remind us all that you "won't believe it until it's announced on the official site" - but here you are today personally announcing the next 30 years of Callum O'Dowda's life. Is everything alright @Robbored? Have they been selling weed at the Senior Reds lunches again? :whistle2:

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

"Is there a certain lack of attacking fluidity" he is asked................"Not at all, if you saw us in training, the amount of goals we score and how clinical we are"    Yep. thats all very well, but the idea is, to do it during matches and not versus the cones on the training pitch!!?   A few more shots on target during actual matches might be the way to go?  Yeah really compelling.

Yep. Another interview of ‘nothing’. Dodged the questions pretty well really. Here on I will avoid and not be tempted to watch this dross churned out. I would be interested if the  ‘staff’ came on and admitted lack of creation, lack attacking finesse and what they were doing about it.  But I suppose be happy that at lease McGregor ( I think) asking  

8 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Could it be a case that LJ changes the game plan too often. A set way of playing that is well coached would become second nature on the pitch . There’s partnerships throughout a team that players become used to.  If that constantly changes , there’s no cohesion. 

You make valid points.

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yep. Another interview of ‘nothing’. Dodged the questions pretty well really. Here on I will avoid and not be tempted to watch this dross churned out. I would be interested if the  ‘staff’ came on and admitted lack of creation, lack attacking finesse and what they were doing about it.  But I suppose be happy that at lease McGregor ( I think) asking  

I really don't understand why they're so defensive and seemingly blind to the criticism.

Struggling to create chances or keep the ball hasn't been a recent trend, it's been the case all season. 

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to at least admit that

I’ve got nothing against Callum and I think he’s capable of being a good player. As far as the interview goes I’m afraid I lost interest when he started talking about “our identity” and “the manager’s philosophy” It seems to me at the moment that players are being sent out to sort of back up/protect the manager. Shame that some players  then get thrown under the bus by the manager in his post match interview. 

10 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Silly suggestion; hardly working for West Brom and Leeds is it?

Oh ?

11 hours ago, spudski said:

Bit of both imho. Re the first bit - if you don’t persevere you never have any experiences to fall back on / show learning from.

Re the second bit, you wonder whether there is an emphasis on looking at what our future opponents do with the ball, and prep for that... but maybe less emphasis on looking at what they do off the ball (when they attempt to stop us).  Matches v Millwall, Blackburn, Charlton etc at home have caught my eye in terms of how our opponents have stopped us, more than what they did when they got the ball. 

10 hours ago, Superjack said:

Is there anything that you're not an expert on?

@Robbored cmon, you should be jumping to the defence of your #1 otib contributor ???

1 hour ago, citymum said:

I’ve got nothing against Callum and I think he’s capable of being a good player. As far as the interview goes I’m afraid I lost interest when he started talking about “our identity” and “the manager’s philosophy” It seems to me at the moment that players are being sent out to sort of back up/protect the manager. Shame that some players  then get thrown under the bus by the manager in his post match interview. 

I noticed that too. Not a criticism of Callum at all, just imagine LJ talking about HIS identity and HIS philosophy a bit too much and it being more words than substance.  

Archived