IGNORED

Meanwhile at Spurs...

One Team

best comment I've seen so far goes, "well, at least he's tried to tackle something for a change".

On a more serious note, many sources are now saying that it was not an incident sparked by racism. That being the case, I hope he gets the same kind of punishment as a fan would receive for storming onto the pitch at full-time to confront a player. 

34 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

best comment I've seen so far goes, "well, at least he's tried to tackle something for a change".

On a more serious note, many sources are now saying that it was not an incident sparked by racism. That being the case, I hope he gets the same kind of punishment as a fan would receive for storming onto the pitch at full-time to confront a player. 

3 year stadium ban ;)

Surprised he didn't injure himself climbing over all those rows of seats

5 hours ago, hodge said:

Haven't seen racism anywhere from a proper source, in fact Jose has come out an said someone was insulting Eric, his brother wasn't far away and seemed to take exception and which point Dier saw something between his brother and the person and jumped into the crowd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51747014

Indeed seen that too since and reports of his brother being in some sort of trouble.

7 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Fair play, Eric. Racist abuse they say. Eric Dier, fair play to you young man. You only did what we all should do when this happens at football. Details to follow, i'm sure though

Havent seen anything suggesing racist abuse seems it was to do with Dier's brother.

I don't know if he hit anyone. But the game is over. He is now in the stadium hitting someone (if that is the case) fans are given bans from the stadium, sometimes lifetime bans. Surely if he has been found to have hit someone the same rules apply? If not then I suggest those with any sort of banning order certainly have a case against their own bans.

I have no idea if punches were thrown I haven't seen the incident but it opens up a huge can of worms!

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Why wasn't he arrested ? If it was the other way round and a fan had instigated it the fan would have been arrested.

Why would he have been arrested? 

A member of the public entering the playing surface of a sporting event is a criminal offence. A football player entering a football stand is not.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why would he have been arrested? 

A member of the public entering the playing surface of a sporting event is a criminal offence. A football player entering a football stand is not.

Attacking a supporter in the stand is an offence, as it is outside of the  ground.  (Assuming he did attack a supporter) 

All he's done is shown opposition fans that you can rattle him.  I've seen nothing to suggest that he attacked the bloke - everything seems to suggest he merely confronted him.  What he did was unwise and he'll probably get a 6 match ban for it but I can't see it going anywhere else. Like I said though, opposition fans know that you can affect his emotions, and he will see a shite tonne more abuse coming his way from the stands in future.

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Attacking a supporter in the stand is an offence, as it is outside of the  ground.  (Assuming he did attack a supporter) 

According to reports he ran into the stand, didn't get that close to the incident and was led away by stewards before anything happened. Let's not crucify him for attacking a supporter in the stands shall we...

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

Why wasn't he arrested ? If it was the other way round and a fan had instigated it the fan would have been arrested.

Players don’t abuse fans which is a big difference so when a fan enters the playing area it’s entirely unprovoked, by the sounds of it there was just a confrontation with no punches actually thrown although if the fan abused anyone in any other place they probably wouldn’t have been as lucky 

It’s unprofessional but some fans do cross the line and then can’t take as good as they give 

It puzzles me as to how Dier would know that his brother was being abused from down on the pitch.

He had to go to over loads and loads of seats to get to the area.

Funny how the bloke he wanted to get to scarpered. The chicken.

I've got mixed feelings on this tbh. A part of me says well done to Eric Dier, even though I know he shouldn't have done it either.

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

It puzzles me as to how Dier would know that his brother was being abused from down on the pitch.

Supposedly the guy was verbally abusing Eric (which he was ignoring if he could hear it) his brother took offense to what was being said and Eric saw and altercation between them as he was walking near the tunnel looking up into the crowd for his brother, Eric then goes into the crowd because he sees his brother in an altercation not knowing whats happened, and to be honest seems a natural reaction if you see a sibling potentially in some sort of trouble.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Supposedly the guy was verbally abusing Eric (which he was ignoring if he could hear it) his brother took offense to what was being said and Eric saw and altercation between them as he was walking near the tunnel looking up into the crowd for his brother, Eric then goes into the crowd because he sees his brother in an altercation not knowing whats happened, and to be honest seems a natural reaction if you see a sibling potentially in some sort of trouble.

Seems like the most likely thing, yeah.

Archived