IGNORED

Who is your favourite ever Bristol City player?

Fordy62

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Lots of favourite players look to be a generation thing.......for me in all the years I’ve been watching City no other player has come close to Gerry Gow. He was a simply magnificent footballer.

Walsh and Murray a distant second and third.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Dave Smith for me. Proper old fashioned flying winger. Closely followed by Gary Shelton. Probably the best player I’ve seen in a city shirt who wasn’t just here for five mins 

Imagine being able to morph Alan Walsh and Dave Smith together?  Now that would’ve been some player!!

Scotty Murray!

My dad used to work for a charity that worked with vulnerable kids in foster care and/or had learning disabilities.

The club would occasionally give them 'backstage passes' for games so they could get in early and meet the players. Scotty would come over and act as an unnoficial tour guide and was amazing with all the kids (I selflessly went along as well to... help out).

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

good Indication as to how old posters are...

@Major Isewater about 57?

@Carey 6 about 26?

Just remember....

“We do not have to say anything. But, it may harm our defence if we do not mention when questioned something which we later rely on in court. Anything we do say may be given in evidence.”

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The one and only PJW Atyeo - Big John. How could it be anyone else?

And only a whisker behind him come Sir Gerry Gow.

I was just going to write the same two names.....amazed it took so long for Big John's name to appear ? 

2 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

Scotty Murray!

My dad used to work for a charity that worked with vulnerable kids in foster care and/or had learning disabilities.

The club would occasionally give them 'backstage passes' for games so they could get in early and meet the players. Scotty would come over and act as an unnoficial tour guide and was amazing with all the kids (I selflessly went along as well to... help out).

He's a Buchan lune!

Always only one answer, Big John Atyeo.

Wonderful player and an absolute gentleman (in both senses of the word)

Never seen his like again, and probably unlikely to in the future

Never saw Wedlock, of course, but my grandfather who saw him many times, and in Cup Final, would have voted for Big John too.

For me and those privileged to have seen Atyeo in his prime, he epitomised all that was best with City.  The crowd baying ‘Give it to John’ still raises goosebumps every time I remember it, as well as John cartwheeling back to the half way line having scored.

Archived