IGNORED

If you could go back and VAR one decision...

Unan

39 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Non City:

Maradona punching the ball in. No goal and him sent off for deliberate handball. 

Lampards ‘goal’ in 2010, although technically that’s a Goal Line technology issue and not VAR.

If you are looking at England games, you could throw in the decisions to 1) not give a penalty and ) not give a red card when Koeman took out Platt in 1993.

That Brighton penalty in the play off final.

Had to be said we were awful, but if that had been ruled out and we won on penalties.

Promoted to the Championship, Danny Wilson remained in charge.

A pivotal moment, remember at the time many said that defeat had set us back years.

Just think we now be looking forward to a home leg in the Champions League knock out stage.

The shot v Leicester that was over the line but referee didn't give the goal. Ended 0-0. Might well have got auto promotion in 07-08 had that been allowed. Plus in the same season two deliberate hand balls by Plymouth players in the 1-2 home defeat. Had we converted the subsequent penalties we might well gave gone up as champs.

1 minute ago, SuperDziek said:

Surely all 3 of R*vers goals at Trumpton in 1990 would have been disallowed and we’d have gone up as Champions!

can we VAR their decision to postpone when we should have played them, we would have mullered them at the time.

1 hour ago, hertsexile said:

Windass putting the elbow into Bradley Orr at the same game would have been a clear red card !! 

I thought it was Nick Barmby involved in that, and it looked an accident. I may be wrong, it was a long time ago and I'm trying to block out the memory.

Can’t think of anything off the top of my head that I’d want overturned but quite some time back Tony Thorpe was awarded a penalty for us at home. All players and everyone in the ground , including Thorpe were baffled. Fans were turning to each other to ask what was going. I’d love to replay it to the ref and ask him to clarify what he thought he saw that nobody else did.

Archived