IGNORED

prem ref for saturdays game

He was excellent today I thought, a very good performance and got all the important stuff right. I can`t recall him riling up either set of fans over any decisions and he let the game flow without stopping it for every little thing (were you watching Mr Stroud?).

He could have easily sent Pedro off too - a lot of refs would have.

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Agree, he was good, but when the ball hit him in the second half, shouldn't he have stopped play and had an unchallenged drop ball, rather than wave play on as they had the ball anyway.

I don’t ref anymore, not for some years, :laugh:, however if the rules have not been changed he is part of the field of play! Funnily enough I don’t remember the incident...:laugh: 

26 minutes ago, markcarter said:

There is no need for the ref to stop play if the team who were in possession keep it.  It only stops if they lose possession as a result of hitting the ref, in which case they are given the ball back via a drop ball.

Correct.

Lino should have spotted fams shirt being ripped off his back, he decided he didn't see it. Been on the Fulham forum and they are basically saying he's the worst referee they have ever seen, said he gave us everything and they should have had a stonewall penalty in the last minute when niki dropped it. Thought he was better than most of the refs we've had, thought there was a few blatant pushes he missed for both teams, one in the first half nearly cost us a goal.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Best ref I've seen this season.

Let play go on ignoring the inevitable fake "injuries" and made for a good game.

The last game was the opposite - penalised every contact.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

I thought he was excellent. 
Not often I say that about refs but he deserves praise today. 

He did stop play when a Fulham player was down and it wasn’t for a head injury, so for that I’d mark him down!

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think the only thing I recall him getting wrong was not giving Fulham a penalty in the last minute, but I’m not gonna dwell on that. 

Neil Warnock just said on Quest that it wasn’t a penalty, so I guess that’s okay for all who want him as next Head Coach/Manager? ?

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m quite aware that rivers can be long! Not sure the point you’re making... I just said that Derby is nearly 20 miles from the Trent

10 miles at most, and actually the Derwent is connected to the Trent.

I think you were saying Derby is 20 miles from Nottingham....

Archived