IGNORED

SLO. Jerry Tocknell

BobBobSuperBob

Has slid under the radar to some degree

Ive read about , and heard about , others experience of Jerry’s work and had personal experience too.

Yet to hear anyone he hasn’t done the maximum to help and a lot of his work will never reach the public domain

All whilst integrating himself into a change of career and new job

And , As good as a supporter as it gets 

Just wondering if the Club has made a better appointment in a number of years 

Joins the ranks of Tins and Scotty in terms of a perfect fit 

Keep up the excellent work Jerry

I remember at Derby away in 2010, the club had sent my tickets to me but they hadn’t arrived in the post, I thought perhaps the club gave them Jerry to take up on CATS but when I asked him I found out they hadn’t. 

Jerry rang the club & got in touch with Derby, sorted me my tickets & I got in to see us win 2-1 & I’m pretty sure the Gas also got pretty much relegated that day. 

He didn’t have to help me out like that but he’s a top bloke & did so anyway.

Its a great appointment by the club which was needed after a few years of the SLO’s being absolutely useless in the main.

Jerry learnt from the best, Beryl Fudge. I'm lucky enough to have known him and called him a friend for 20 years or more. He will help anyone if he can. This role was made for him and I'm glad that most people finally like our SLO. It is a tough job as you can't please everyone.

Oh and he gave me the nickname " Scunthorpe Snoring Man" but that is another story.

4 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Jerry learnt from the best, Beryl Fudge. I'm lucky enough to have known him and called him a friend for 20 years or more. He will help anyone if he can. This role was made for him and I'm glad that most people finally like our SLO. It is a tough job as you can't please everyone.

Oh and he gave me the nickname " Scunthorpe Snoring Man" but that is another story.

Great post

Two Proper City Legends 

Whoever holds the SLO position has to balance the fans issues and the people who employ him and  they two are sometimes miles apart. It’s certainly not a role that I’d want!

I don’t know Jerry personally but it seems that he’s doing a decent job.

Archived