IGNORED

Which player have you forgotten who played for City ?

Major Isewater

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I hate to be pedantic (well...) but I don’t think Caskey was on loan: he was signed on the old transfer deadline day in March (along with Tony Rougier and the returning Scott Murray) on a contract until the end of the season when he was released, as you say without playing a match.  Good player in his time though.

I was pretty sure he did play a match , at least as sub .

I remember his shirt being vast .

He still had the skill but was unable to waddle onto the pitch in the 90 minutes allocated. 

On 07/03/2020 at 11:50, Curr Avon said:

That defender. 'Julius' Caesar. "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me," he used to cry as the fans booed his every touch.

Nobody who saw him could forget Gus Caesar, surely? Worst player I ever saw - made Bas look sure footed and confident on the ball.

Jonsen Edogu

Larson Winklish

They were two from GJ's days or maybe was it Bob Houghton? Anyway similar to that whatsisface bloke who went to Leeds back in the 70's. Scored the winner at Bradford in 84. Always forget his name. Spitting image of a cross between Edogu and Winklish but Latvian or maybe Swedish, I forget.

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

On a slightly related but different note...... why was Johnny Giles name among those on the screen before the game yesterday?

Bristolian John Giles from the mid sixties, i.e. Trevor Tainton's age group. Only played a few games then transferred to Exeter City.

9 hours ago, Leveller said:

Nobody who saw him could forget Gus Caesar, surely? Worst player I ever saw - made Bas look sure footed and confident on the ball.

My abiding memory of Caeser is of his wholly commanding and dominant performance in putting Fashanu (at the very height of his powers) in his back pocket the night we beat Wimbledon in a cup replay at Selhurst. For that performance alone he's nowhere near the worst of anything.

Thanks to the poster who puts up the videos of past games, I am constantly wracking my memory to remember some of the players that appear from the games in the late 80s and early 90s in particular. 
I was working night shifts and weekends, and becoming a father, so this is the period when I probably saw the least amount of games.

Archived