IGNORED

Bristol City v Fulham Match Day 37

Septic Peg

Morning folks... and a happy 125th anniversary to the club!

We all have our own personal memories attached to City - whether it attending with a parent as a kid, meeting a partner, creating friendships and making lifelong memories. I've said without the club, I actually wouldn't even be here as my parents met in the old Supporters Club in the Williams stand back in the day. My late dad only ever came to two games with me, a southern area league trophy win over Torquay and the LDV final win over Carlisle. Two games that even now, I remember very clearly and I won't forget.

The club has also made a video about other people's experiences with City. It's about 25 minutes long so grab yourself a cuppa.

Also, for a bit of fun, the club asked on social media for some of our choice moments. So if anyone wants to play along, here is what City wanted to know...

? Ahead of Saturday's 125th anniversary match tell us your:

First match: _________
Favourite game: _________
Favourite all-time player: _________
Favourite season: _________
Best goal: _________
Biggest limbs: _________

#BristolCity

Here's the twitter link so you can see what everyone else has put... just click on it and view the replies, you don't need to be logged into twitter.

So, without mentioning today's kit, it's a momentous occasion. I only hope that the 8 men that saved this club are mentioned too. Without them, I wouldn't be typing this.

On to today...

Fulham at home. We've been a bit of a bogey team for them in recent times. In fact you have to go back 3 years to find the last time Fulham beat us. In the last 7 games, we've beat them 5 times, drawn once and lost once.

Our home form is still shocking and Fulham have been on the up (apart from a 3-0 loss at home to Barnsley) so I'm expecting a pasting. 3-1 Fulham. Bristol's own Joey Bryan is out with a baddy leg so no run out for him but Bristol's own Bobby (De Cordova) Reid is expected to play for Fulham. Come home Bob. We love you.

Enjoy the day folks.

COYRs!

Am I too old and therefore BCFC's Best Limbs question is for one 'down wiv da kidz' street lingo?

I like the vote for Mansfield Away. Limbs flying in the tunnel and tired limbs behind the goal from too much clapping etc..

It must also be my best away match of all time. Please note Crystal Palace ground for the FA Cup Final doesn't count as I'm not that old!

23 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Am I too old and therefore BCFC's Best Limbs question is for one 'down wiv da kidz' street lingo?

I like the vote for Mansfield Away. Limbs flying in the tunnel and tired limbs behind the goal from too much clapping etc..

It must also be my best away match of all time. Please note Crystal Palace ground for the FA Cup Final doesn't count as I'm not that old!

Biggest limbs is the legs. Easy.

45 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure that Fulham being Fulham , we actually couldn’t have better opponents today , in a hope we can ignite some form , particularly home form 

If we are ‘at it’ I think we will turn them over

COYR

Tend to agree....they aren’t usually a pressing, physical team, but that might be different now they’ve got Hector (and Kongolo if he plays).

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

Biggest limbs is the legs. Easy.

reminds me of a teammate who was interviewed for our team’s match day programme.

Pet Likes: Dogs

Pet Hates: Cats

???

I will not be there today because my wife is asthmatic and I'm no spring chicken at 77 in a couple of month's.

Due to the coronavirus, we are keeping outside trips to crowded areas to an absolute minimum. It may be a bit early but may be more sensible than waiting for the outbreak to become more significant.

I'll be there in spirit and cheering them on silently, living every moment while listening to RB.

COYREDS!

15 minutes ago, daored said:

Same team as last week - we found our identity last week 

Wells on the bench at home? Not for me

Mitrovic will take some containing, as will Bobby. Interested to see who starts at CB out of Kalas, Williams, Baker or Benkovic. Maybe all 4. Maybe none of them. Who knows. 

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

First match: I can’t remember but it was in the old First Division ( Glory hunter ) 
Favourite game: Football or hide the sausage 
Favourite all-time player: Pelé or Gerry Gow 
Favourite season: _______75/76 __
Best goal: Hunter free kick where the ball flew into the net nearly followed by his boot . Pick ‘ee out the stingers.
Biggest limbs: God Taylor’s thighs .

To be fair; I would have picked something similar, 4 5 1 makes sense as Fulham are strong in midfield, not sure why he has reverted to it now when we could have done with an extra man in midfield about 6 games ago mind! Would possible put Eliason in for Odowda; other than that it's not a bad side. 

Hope it will be a good day for us Citysupporters. We were ok vs Millwall, think and hope we will be better today. Its a special day and I would love to see us win. Eliasson and Wells from start, COD on bench. Have had great days and bad days as a City supporter. Went to Weymouth with 3 others a couple of years ago. met Gery Gow. nice man. 3 july 1970 Holstein Kiel- Bristol City 0-2, Garland scored twice, my first City game, vas 13 at that time.GG told me he had his first contract then and he was playing that game. over 40 years later we meet in Weymouth, think it was GGs and mine first City game. That is amazing and wonderful. COYR!!!

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

O’dowda in again and no Palmer at all.... Massengo in for a massive game and Fam on bench.

hhhmm 

Palmer on the bench, I've been calling for him to start for weeks but this may not be best game for him as Fulham will have so much of the ball? - no Fam does seem an odd one - we really missed him as an out ball a couple of weeks back against Leeds first half (another team that dominate possession against pretty much everyone) - guessing it's going to be back to 4-1-4-1 - COYR!

Archived