IGNORED

Bristol City v Fulham Match Day 37

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Cider red said:

To be fair; I would have picked something similar, 4 5 1 makes sense as Fulham are strong in midfield, not sure why he has reverted to it now when we could have done with an extra man in midfield about 6 games ago mind! Would possible put Eliason in for Odowda; other than that it's not a bad side. 

Agreed although there will be alot of defensive work without the ball today and coupled with O'dowda's superior ability to dribble/drive us up the pitch quickly - I would agree with LJ with Callum over Eliasson on this one

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Morning folks... and a happy 125th anniversary to the club!

We all have our own personal memories attached to City - whether it attending with a parent as a kid, meeting a partner, creating friendships and making lifelong memories. I've said without the club, I actually wouldn't even be here as my parents met in the old Supporters Club in the Williams stand back in the day. My late dad only ever came to two games with me, a southern area league trophy win over Torquay and the LDV final win over Carlisle. Two games that even now, I remember very clearly and I won't forget.

The club has also made a video about other people's experiences with City. It's about 25 minutes long so grab yourself a cuppa.

Also, for a bit of fun, the club asked on social media for some of our choice moments. So if anyone wants to play along, here is what City wanted to know...

? Ahead of Saturday's 125th anniversary match tell us your:

First match: _________
Favourite game: _________
Favourite all-time player: _________
Favourite season: _________
Best goal: _________
Biggest limbs: _________

#BristolCity

Here's the twitter link so you can see what everyone else has put... just click on it and view the replies, you don't need to be logged into twitter.

So, without mentioning today's kit, it's a momentous occasion. I only hope that the 8 men that saved this club are mentioned too. Without them, I wouldn't be typing this.

On to today...

Fulham at home. We've been a bit of a bogey team for them in recent times. In fact you have to go back 3 years to find the last time Fulham beat us. In the last 7 games, we've beat them 5 times, drawn once and lost once.

Our home form is still shocking and Fulham have been on the up (apart from a 3-0 loss at home to Barnsley) so I'm expecting a pasting. 3-1 Fulham. Bristol's own Joey Bryan is out with a baddy leg so no run out for him but Bristol's own Bobby (De Cordova) Reid is expected to play for Fulham. Come home Bob. We love you.

Enjoy the day folks.

COYRs!

First match - I was 8 years old so it would of been 1970 and my grandad used to take me in the East End.

Favourite Game - There are several, Freight rover finals, , Coventry away to stay up in the 1st division, Arsenal away first away match in the 1st division, 

Favourite all time player - several but the top 4 for me are, Norman Hunter, Paul Cheesley, Tom Ritchie, Gerry Gow,

Favourite season 1976/77.

Biggest Limbs - Trevor Taintons thigh mussels, they were bloody huge.

COYR today and I hope you attending have a fantastic day and a City win 

2 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

Agreed although there will be alot of defensive work without the ball today and coupled with O'dowda's superior ability to dribble/drive us up the pitch quickly - I would agree with LJ with Callum over Eliasson on this one

Odowda has the ball and looks down, he cant dribble and hold the ball to long.

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

I have no issue with that line up. I wanted more in midfield and Wells starting. Presumably Nagy is injured (or ill) so Massengo is logical replacement. 

Massengo should be full of energy on the basis that he’s not had many minutes recently. ??

Fam being dropped is interesting but at least now, we won’t be limping it up front as we have been doing lately....I hope!!

COYRs - lets do this today

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I only hope that the 8 men that saved this club are mentioned too. Without them, I wouldn't be typing this.

Indeed - a rousing chorus of “8 men had a dream” would be really appropriate today.  What a hole in my life it would be without this generally underachieving and generally frustrating (but it ccasionally uplifting!) football team and that really could have happened.

1 minute ago, YorksRed said:

Indeed - a rousing chorus of “8 men had a dream” would be really appropriate today.  What a hole in my life it would be without this generally underachieving and generally frustrating (but it ccasionally uplifting!) football team and that really could have happened.

Live on Be In Sports Chanel 2 in OZ. I’m counting down the minutes. 

Not starting your top scorer seems strange, maybe he will wait till they score a few first, Fams tracking back and defending at dead ball kicks will be missed imo; thought a draw today but now we will be lucky to get anything. Still lucky Lee`s luck could still be running.......who nows ?

Archived