IGNORED

Bristol City v Fulham Match Day 37

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Guess thats Wells off free kicks for a while then....

Decent half, only one or two moments they really troubled us, managed to keep Mitrovic quiet is great work

Problem with Mitrovic is he’s the sort of player who’s quiet all game then pops up with a ridiculous finish from a half chance in the last 10 mins. 

Not seeing many games ( mainly online these days) I was fearing the worst after reports of recent performances.

I think we've done pretty well.  Fulham have some top players - especially in attack - and have probably been the more dominant but we've worked hard to contain them , but have also looked useful going forward ourselves without necessarily creating real clear cut chances.

Think I would happily take a draw now, as you fear that Fulham always have a goal in them, but hope LJ doesn't try and batten down the hatches to hold out for the second half. 

3 minutes ago, RedSA said:

If we think LJ is underperforming with our squad, what can you say about Scott Parker?!

Yeah, decent (albeit not amazing) in possession and a bit pressure at the end of the half, but they should be creating WAY more opportunities with the talent they have.

You’ve got to admit they look dangerous every time they go forward surely?!

First half in five minute chunks.

Opening five minutes - we started by giving the ball away cheaply and Fulham looked more fluid. One long ball to AW, who was horribly isolated.

Chances created in the next 5-10 minutes - a long ball from a goal kick finds Mitrovic in acres of space, then Callum does well but NW header is too soft. Already lots of space opening up in midfield with AW benefitting a couple of times.

10-15 minutes - end-to-end stuff, a long range effort from AW, which is comfortably saved.Fulham break and City defend it well, most of Fulham’s attacks coming from their left wing.

15 - 20 minutes - an ambitious long range shot from NW, is easily saved. Massengo is looking a bit light weight/vulnerable on the ball, a shot from a Bobby Reid results in a corner, Bobby gets a great reception from our fans when he takes the corner. Baker needs attention on 19 minutes, with what looks like a head injury, Benkovic replaces him.

20 - 25 minutes - Korey hasn’t been that involved as yet. Fulham get their second corner, which we counter attack from.

25-30 minutes - Bobby Reid has the best chance so far, after we give it away far too easily, he really should have hit the target at the very least. Good pressure from Fulham leads to their third corner, which was wasted.

30 - 35 minutes - throughout the opening half an hour it’s been even game. Korey plays a lovely through ball which results in a handball and a good chance for us on the edge of the box, COD hits the wall. AW link up play is more encouraging than of late.

35 - 40 minutes - Pato switches play well, but nothing comes from it. NW does well but Hector clears.

40 - 45 + 3 added minutes -  Arter is booked. Massengo is badly caught in possession, fortunately we aren’t punished. AW plays a good ball across the face of goal but NW can’t get on the end of it. We fail to clear on several occasions and invite pressure +++ Bobby forces a great save from NM. COD wins a free kick on 47 minutes Wells and Pato are both keen to take it, eventually Wells fires it over with the final kick of the half.

In short...a pretty even first half, Fulham had the two best chances, both from BR.

Ok.

I would say a good first half .

Good movement , intent and concentration.

Fulham have some lovely movement in and around our box which is worrying but I think we deserve to be level at halftime.

Those criticising Massengo surprise me . The lad has been everywhere , even winning headers !

He moves it quickly and more forwards than he’s been playing it recently. 

As I see it , Wells is looking sharp , I reckon he’s due a goal.

Baker off again , let’s hope we offload him in the summer. The lad can’t be relied on . 

Second half we need to keep the energy and concentration levels up and need just a smidge more courage in the attacking half . 

2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

People will never say cod is playing well because he takes golden boys position in the side. Another good half from him

I think much like our 45 minute performance, he’s been OK, I think he’s been good when compared with what we’ve become accustomed to at AG, but in normal terms OK. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fulham teaching us a lesson in ball retention and speed of pass 

Speed of pass and lack of movement both defensively and offensively. 

We invite pressure by moving the ball slowly and then invite further pressure by not pushing forward when we have cleared. Our midfield is right on top of our defence again. They're practically holding hands. 

4 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

People will never say cod is playing well because he takes golden boys position in the side. Another good half from him

Live on sky against a team that should a bit of interest in him in the summer. What a coincidence 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok.

Fulham have some lovely movement in and around our box which is worrying but I think we deserve to be level at halftime.

Those criticising Massengo surprise me . The lad has been everywhere , even winning headers !

Baker off again , let’s hope we offload him in the summer. The lad can’t be relied on . 

Second half we need to keep the energy and concentration levels up and need just a smidge more courage in the attacking half . 

Agree about Massengo, started off most of our good moves

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok.

Noticed a few times that when they broke they attacked with 7 players in and around our penalty area and can consolidate their attack.

When we break it's usually 3/4 at most and the attack invariably breaks down quite quickly. Also our 3/4 are  completely isolated so that when Fulham win the ball back they break and are quickly on the edge of our box again in numbers.

It's been an OK half, we haven't really created anything still, and Reid should have scored 2. 

Fulham much more composed in possession, playing quick passes and getting more joy down the middle that I would like considering we have largely conceded the wide areas. 

Think Pedro has done well, COD has been OK, Pato has been fairly poor imo. 

Personally I would have Pato off for Elliasson, and push COD wide left of a 3 with Wiemann in behind Wells. 

Fulham fluent, strong and sharp.

Us, consistently inconsistent as ever. Some good, some bad..... Massengo, Pato , CoD sums us up - decent one moment, shocking the next and that’s just in one half.

We ain’t going to challenge for any honours unless we get much closer to 90 minutes consistency out of our players.

Archived