IGNORED

Bristol City v Fulham Match Day 37

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Johnson out

Whereas I’m about as Johnson out as you can get, I’m pretty easy to please. 

We’ve won some games this season and played so shitly that I’ve been Johnson out, similarly here we’ve been alright (so whereas I’m still wholly Johnson out), with us having played ok, I’m not going scream and shout it as vociferously as I would do after the shit performances. 

Yes, I’d snap your hand off for a change of manager, but I hope today represents the green shoots. Even if we lose as we’ve been ok. 

Point against Fulham (and unbeaten in the 2 against them) think anyone would have taken that result before kick off. Would be harsh on Fam but I kind of hope we stick with Weimann/Wells and go to trying to press the opposition, Fam coming on at the hour mark and giving a big impact for 30 mins.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Whereas I’m about as Johnson out as you can get, I’m pretty easy to please. 

We’ve won some games this season and played so shitly that I’ve been Johnson out, similarly here we’ve been alright (so whereas I’m still wholly Johnson out), with us having played ok, I’m not going scream and shout it as vociferously as I would do after the shit performances. 

Yes, I’d snap your hand off for a change of manager, but I hope today represents the green shoots. Even if we lose as we’ve been ok. 

The problem I have with the green shoots theory Fordy is that we’ve been similarly decent in the past, and utterly awful again later.

Not knocking today’s performance, it was a point gained against a good team, but I’m going to be struggle to be convinced it’s some sort of watershed moment. We’re just so inconsistent.

Ultimately I look at that today and conclude we’re not good enough or ready for promotion.

Much better performance but midfield looks weak.  Overall, clear we are still a fair way off from being a promotion side.  Not helped by managerial choices of course; personally, believe Palmer would have been a better option today.  Arguably too Elliason and Fammy from the start.

Got on to the game late as didn't realise it was an early KO, my age telling there, shame the boy's couldn't hold out, but really with the way we have been playing at home it was a good point, especially with Fulham's quality.  Still don't think we will be in the play offs though, as we are just not good enough!

Archived