IGNORED

Bristol City v Fulham Match Day 37

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The problem I have with the green shoots theory Fordy is that we’ve been similarly decent in the past, and utterly awful again later.

Not knocking today’s performance, it was a point gained against a good team, but I’m going to be struggle to be convinced it’s some sort of watershed moment. We’re just so inconsistent.

Ultimately I look at that today and conclude we’re not good enough or ready for promotion.

Oh I agree completely. However I think what I’m trying to say is that I only ever want us to not be shit. 

Today we weren’t shit. Not brilliant. But not shit. And you won’t hear me ‘LJ outing’ today (although it’s firmly in my blood!). 

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Whereas I’m about as Johnson out as you can get, I’m pretty easy to please. 

We’ve won some games this season and played so shitly that I’ve been Johnson out, similarly here we’ve been alright (so whereas I’m still wholly Johnson out), with us having played ok, I’m not going scream and shout it as vociferously as I would do after the shit performances. 

Yes, I’d snap your hand off for a change of manager, but I hope today represents the green shoots. Even if we lose as we’ve been ok. 

in a nutshell Fordy.its all the outers want. the team tried and worked hard.cant ask for any more than that. a very good point which I wasn't expecting tbh.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A shame we couldn’t hold on for the win but that was a much better performance against a team who should be in the top two with their squad.

Well done to that Isewater fellow who called Well’s goal .

Spot on.

Sadly we are nowhere near a play off team.

Reckon we will finish around 10th which is okay I guess.

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Whereas I’m about as Johnson out as you can get, I’m pretty easy to please. 

We’ve won some games this season and played so shitly that I’ve been Johnson out, similarly here we’ve been alright (so whereas I’m still wholly Johnson out), with us having played ok, I’m not going scream and shout it as vociferously as I would do after the shit performances. 

Yes, I’d snap your hand off for a change of manager, but I hope today represents the green shoots. Even if we lose as we’ve been ok. 

Nah they played well today a point was a fair result.

Preston could be 4pts clear by tonight if they beat QPR at home, so another missed chance to close on a play off spot.

Some decent performances today but not good enough to make the top 6.

10 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Is there a training manual for SKY commentators and is chapter 1 called ‘Always see a penalty for the opposition at Ashton Gate when there clearly isn’t one’

Oh come on! That was a definite penalty shout.  He took the player out before claiming the ball, don’t be so blinkered.

He had no choice though so did the right thing.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Yep. You’d be royally ****** off of that we’re at the other end. Defo pen for me. 

While I lean penalty shout for that, keepers got so much license with every aspect its rarer to get them than not so in another way I'd be annoyed to have it given against us.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why are people saying it's a good point? We need to be beating our promotion rivals at home if we want to go up

Because looking at the game as a whole Fulham deserved the win. Even with my City glasses on i think we were pretty much outplayed 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Still a foul on Wells for me in the build up to their goal, Wells nicks the ball from Arter who clips his legs without getting the ball

It’s the reaction that caused the goal, Cairney reacted and nobody else did, Benkovich could and should have closed that ball down, schoolboy stuff. Really not impressed with him.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why are people saying it's a good point? We need to be beating our promotion rivals at home if we want to go up

I don't personally think we're a top 6 side but Fulham are a very strong one. Yes, it would have been great to hang on but I would have taken that before the game so a decent point IMHO.

Archived