IGNORED

Bristol City v Fulham Match Day 37

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I actually thought it was attacking areas that we lacked the quality, but that's largely part of the Weimann compromise. 

I thought Reid should have scored twice and there were quite a few last ditch blocks.  Going forward the wrong choice was made a fair few times at key moments.  I'm surprised we had two up with Weimann instead of playing Palmer.

5 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

We had far less end product than them though? And we can’t even pass it about lots well like they do.

One goal each is end product is is not?

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

And sadly the modern game. Once upon a time in the halcyon days these things happened very little.

True, but we’re not there anymore and we can’t say that we’re any different.  How many times has Johnson got carded? 

Those in glass houses ...

18 minutes ago, RedRock said:

That’s something like two points out of a possible fifteen. That’s relegation form plus rather than a play off place

When you add context 3 of the games are the current top 3 and Millwall away which is a very difficult place to go to, its a poor points return but its not like we have that level of fixtures each 5 games

Had it paused before manager interviews, bloody hell Parker whinges a lot! Still mentioning offside for our goal despite their player heading the ball and he'd have seen it on the screen in the dug out so its not like he won't have seen it

I really enjoyed the game today. Both teams going for it and a draw was about right. Neither team deserved to lose.

A much, much better performance from City - probably the best since before Xmas and I left AG feeling quite optimistic for a change.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I really enjoyed the game today. Both teams going for it and a draw was about right. Neither team deserved to lose.

A much, much better performance from City - probably the best since before Xmas and I left AG feeling quite optimistic for a change.

I actually agree with you Robbered,I Need  lie down.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep, enjoyed it also. Decent game of football 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

100% agree. In fact both of these 2 draws were good results. Unfortunately our form had been too poor in the past couple of months.

31 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK, another disappointing end result, but two minor observations.

1; the Sky commentary team sounded biased towards Fulham.

2; Odoi. When he charged into our player for which he was booked, he complained loudly at the Ref that a free kick had been awarded let alone the booking. Later when Fulham had a FK,, he went up to the Ref and tried telling him where the kick should be. I believe that continually having a go at officials as he did still merits a booking.

You mean ex-premier league  Fulham 22A?

15 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Fair enough i thought they deserved it. Opinions and all that 

Well I watched the game in the Duke surrounded by gas heads, and they said a draw was a fair result, and believe me if they said that to my face a draw was a fair result as normally they would rather drink their own pee than admit that!

20 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Not a bad game and a fair result, now just imagine if we go on a 9 game unbeaten run and hit the playoffs running...........

That's LJ's winning plan - not peaking too soon.

At least we appeared to have some structure about us today and a bit of a game plan. Wells leading the line makes a difference, he presses more and has a decent first touch. As much as I like Diedhiou, he stands off too much. 

Massengo was frustrating again, wants far too much time. Always getting out muscled and never able to recover because of his lack of pace. There is a player there I’m sure but he’s finding it tough at the moment.

Some decent performances too. Kalas getting better by the week and Benkovic looked better than has.

Thought Maenpaa, Smith and Wells were reasonable too.

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Good contest. We don’t look like a play-off side to me but we played with more confidence than in recent home matches. 

To be fair though neither do Preston or Forest and even Fulham were not exactly scintillating today were they? Perhaps that means it will be Leeds, WBA and Brentford beating either Millwall or Blackburn in the final.

Archived