IGNORED

Still 8th but..........

My worry is that Preston are the best home side in the league and they play 3 home games in the 4 games in March. The away game is Luton.

As for City, we pick up the majority of our points against lower half sides, but in March all 4 games are against top half teams.

If we can't keep up with Preston, we will need to catch Brentford, who still have some tricky games this month. 

Well this is the time of the season when suddenly it becomes serious.

Clubs can see the prize in view and start to panic .

Millwall had an excellent result last night but they have gone from outsiders to play off contenders, will this add stress to their previous carefree game ?
 I expect it will , going from hunter to hunted .

It is the time for scrappers , tenacious , stubborn defences and determined brave forwards .

It is the mentally strong who will win out .

Do we have that strength ?

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Millwall had an excellent result last night but they have gone from outsiders to play off contenders, will this add stress to their previous carefree game ?

It is the time for scrappers , tenacious , stubborn defences and determined brave forwards .

We may have the individual strength.

But are we collectively good enough? I doubt it due to the lack of a consistent style of play and too much tinkering.

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What you're saying is, do we have the ocular organ of the panthera tigris...?

10 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We may have the individual strength.

But are we collectively good enough? I doubt it due to the lack of a consistent style of play and too much tinkering.

‘Tinkering’ as you put it suggests that LJ changes the team just for the sake of it whereas many factors come into selection.

Availability  - knocks/injuries come into it as do physical well-being. So do any  issues  away from AG effecting a players mental health.

Its not as random as some posters think.

Fulham aren’t that good, take their keeper and Mitrovic our and they are very average this season with a manager not so different to yours.

They have individuals but still don’t know how to play well together.

Get at them and they’ll fold.

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

‘Tinkering’ as you put it suggests that LJ changes the team just for the sake of it whereas many factors come into selection.

Availability  - knocks/injuries come into it as do physical well-being. So do any  issues  away from AG effecting a players mental health.

Its not as random as some posters think.

Oh come on Robbored you know how LJ picks his teams .

Ball number 45 , yes and Kasey Palmer gets his first start since Father Christmas was too busy to answer his bloody phone.

Ball number 5...

1 hour ago, handballbygordonparr said:

.....should the results go against us today we could be mathematically closer to relegation than promotion ?

Just what this forum needs, another thread with negative connotations....

1 hour ago, mozo said:

My worry is that Preston are the best home side in the league and they play 3 home games in the 4 games in March. The away game is Luton.

As for City, we pick up the majority of our points against lower half sides, but in March all 4 games are against top half teams.

If we can't keep up with Preston, we will need to catch Brentford, who still have some tricky games this month. 

Let's be honest if we don't get points against the top half teams in March we really don't deserve the play offs! Really is getting to crunch time, could be a really exciting month!

16 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Just what this forum needs, another thread with negative connotations....

dont panic its just posters posting their thoughts, you know saying what they think, not what they are supposed to think:dunno:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

We do have the strength major Isewater.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

My worry is ourselves. 10 games left and I still think it's in our own hands. 

The only team that will cost us top 6 is ourselves 

3 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Top 6 is gone. You have to admit that, we are not good enough. We are a mid table side. Probably in the next 5-10 years we will go up... almost every team did it.  But not this year .

Our only saving grace is that we play Preston final game.

So we're currently 4 points behind them, and we need to be within 2 points after 45 games.

So 8 games to catch 2 points, which is doable! 

Problem is, Preston are away to Luton next. We travel to Blackburn, who are in contention for playoffs.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Our only saving grace is that we play Preston final game.

So we're currently 4 points behind them, and we need to be within 2 points after 45 games.

So 8 games to catch 2 points, which is doable! 

Problem is, Preston are away to Luton next. We travel to Blackburn, who are in contention for playoffs.

And hope that the other five or six clubs in the mix don't do better of course.

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

And hope that the other five or six clubs in the mix don't do better of course.

Yeah, I've assumed that those sides are as inconsistent as us! 

Honestly, it feels like Brentford are a superior team, and Preston have their s--t together better than us, so I don't begrudge either side finishing top 6. 

My issue is why aren't we better...

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Yeah, I've assumed that those sides are as inconsistent as us! 

Honestly, it feels like Brentford are a superior team, and Preston have their s--t together better than us, so I don't begrudge either side finishing top 6. 

My issue is why aren't we better...

Do you really need to ask this question ?

Archived