IGNORED

Henrikson

pl00peh91

So LJ has left Henrikson out of the squad completely despite Nagy apparently not being available, opting for two centre backs on the bench instead. What did he do that was so wrong? Is he injured? I know he wasn’t great against Huddersfield but frankly nor was anyone. 

Really good point this, is definitely an odd one - I'm not really sure what LJ was expecting - the guy was bound to be rusty after not playing all season - personally would much rather we brought Morrell or Walsh back and played them on the back of their good form - once again LJ seemingly blocking the 'pathway' for our youngsters for minimal gain

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Let’s be honest....if he couldn’t get in the Hull team, he wasn’t gonna set the world alight here was he 

He was left out due to contract issues. Basically if he played more games it would trigger a new deal. Hull decided they don't want or can't afford him. 

2 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

So LJ has left Henrikson out of the squad completely despite Nagy apparently not being available, opting for two centre backs on the bench instead. What did he do that was so wrong? Is he injured? I know he wasn’t great against Huddersfield but frankly nor was anyone. 

WeeLee's taken advice from his most trusted assistant - Tom Boler......

6 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Baffles me this argument, when there have been so many examples to prove that not getting into one team doesn’t really matter

The bloke wouldn't sign a contract so they sent him to train on his own. It's hardly the case he was not wanted, he just pissed them off. However all those months out are not helpful. He played well in his first game but adrenaline never lasts

My thinking is that he didn't much like LJ criticising him in a post match interview (ie in public), let LJ know it, and .... well here we are.

Was really excited about signing the bloke, his physicality, ability, a leader and captain material etc etc   and now this.

Oh shit!

On the flip side and reading some of the veiled digs on here, apart from his debut  he simply hasn't performed as yet and has been disappointing. He hasn't played much this season, is an International  and played in the Premier League with Hull so he has a lot of top experience so it's only natural to think he would hit the ground running. He could be a really good player with us.

But I can understand of course that makes it Lee Johnson's fault.

Listening to some on here I wouldn't be surprised if the bad weather is Lee Johnson's fault as well as his little "bounce around" dance could be a rain dance in disguise.

My beans on toast was cold this morning and I just know that was Lee Johnson's falt as well.

3 hours ago, WirralRobin said:

Really good point this, is definitely an odd one - I'm not really sure what LJ was expecting - the guy was bound to be rusty after not playing all season - personally would much rather we brought Morrell or Walsh back and played them on the back of their good form - once again LJ seemingly blocking the 'pathway' for our youngsters for minimal gain

Was complete sense to bring one of the two back...

And as for shipping Moore out to Blackpool and bringing in Benkovic???.. completely illogical.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Did LJ really say "dropped, not good enough recently" because that seriously not going to help anyone who has recently joined a football club.

Someone please tell me he didn't actually say it in this way.

He may or may not have said this.  If he did, there may have been a very good reason for it, for instance, to challenge Henriksen to take thing seriously and to work  a damn sight harder.  There are times when you have to call players out if they are not delivering, and don’t forget that Henriksen is a loan player who fell out with his previous club.  Sounds to me like he needs a solid kick up the whatsit, which maybe is what Lee his trying to give him.

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He may or may not have said this.  If he did, there may have been a very good reason for it, for instance, to challenge Henriksen to take thing seriously and to work  a damn sight harder.  There are times when you have to call players out if they are not delivering, and don’t forget that Henriksen is a loan player who fell out with his previous club.  Sounds to me like he needs a solid kick up the whatsit, which maybe is what Lee his trying to give him.

Could he do this away from the radio? I think so, but let's agree to disagree then.

PS lots of footballers fall out over contracts, hardly a massive minus against the guy.

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Did LJ really say "dropped, not good enough recently" because that is seriously not going to help anyone who has recently joined a football club.

Someone please tell me he didn't actually say it in this way.

Probably did , he has absolutely  zero man management skills 

3 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Reported differently in the Post article ... "disappointed with his performance against Huddersfield" not the same as "wasn't good enough"

Screenshot_20200307-180203_Samsung Internet.jpg

Agree. I’ve just listened to the full interview on on the following link and not as bad as Gregor paraphrased. Yes LJ said he was disappointing v Huddersfield but he also said he’s still an important part of the squad and had been excellent in training this week - he also explained why he and Rowe didn’t make the bench.

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Agree. I’ve just listened to the full interview on on the following link and not as bad as Gregor paraphrased. Yes LJ said he was disappointing v Huddersfield but he also said he’s still an important part of the squad and had been excellent in training this week - he also explained why he and Rowe didn’t make the bench.

Top man. Thanks for clearing this up somewhat.

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Was complete sense to bring one of the two back...

And as for shipping Moore out to Blackpool and bringing in Benkovic???.. completely illogical.

Yes totally illogical to bring in an international tall midfielder who captained his club in the prem and a tall ball playing defender transferred to a prem club for 12 million, can't possible see what they thought they might be bringing in.

Of course a gamble due to game time but most at the time were creaming themselves over the transfer window.

4 hours ago, Swede said:

But I can understand of course that makes it Lee Johnson's fault.

Listening to some on here I wouldn't be surprised if the bad weather is Lee Johnson's fault as well as his little "bounce around" dance could be a rain dance in disguise.

My beans on toast was cold this morning and I just know that was Lee Johnson's falt as well.

Flooding. Coronavirus. Brexit. He’s got a lot to answer for.

Archived