IGNORED

Henrikson

pl00peh91

22 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He was shit when he played.

No falling out imo, just dropped for being crap.

We've seen the last of him imo.

No. Henriksen had a good debut against Derby and started the subsequent fixtures against Leeds, West Brom and Huddersfield when his form deteriorated badly. However, Henriksen hadn't  played ANY Championship football this season before the game against the Rams. His previous competitive outing coming 80 days prior for Norway in the Euro qualifiers; a fifth international start in 2019/20. It's no surprise to me that Markus looks rusty and off the pace, because that's exactly what he is. What bright spark expected an unfit player to solve our central midfield crisis? 

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

No. Henriksen had a good debut against Derby and started the subsequent fixtures against Leeds, West Brom and Huddersfield when his form deteriorated badly. However, Henriksen hadn't  played ANY Championship football this season before the game against the Rams. His previous competitive outing coming 80 days prior for Norway in the Euro qualifiers; a fifth international start in 2019/20. It's no surprise to me that Markus looks rusty and off the pace, because that's exactly what he is. What bright spark expected an unfit player to solve our central midfield crisis? 

Let me guess... Obviously somebody really clever, been around ages, done their badges. Am I in the right area?

9 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

So LJ has left Henrikson out of the squad completely despite Nagy apparently not being available, opting for two centre backs on the bench instead. What did he do that was so wrong? Is he injured? I know he wasn’t great against Huddersfield but frankly nor was anyone. 

8 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I dont really see henrikson getting much game time between now and the end of the season, kinda like that swedish centre back ekstrand a few seasons ago. I hope he isnt costing much in wages.

*Henriksen .... pedantic? Yes, but easy to get correct? Yes ... like ‘Nahki’ which loads seem to find sooo difficult ...

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Said as much after Huddersfield.

But he has been shite regardless.

I'd be very surprised if we see him again.

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Said as much after Huddersfield.

But he has been shite regardless.

I'd be very surprised if we see him again.

Great work behind the scenes at the club then, if we're giving up on the bloke already. Less than 5 games, :laugh: you gotta laugh or it'd drive you mad.

8 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Let’s be honest....if he couldn’t get in the Hull team, he wasn’t gonna set the world alight here was he 

Check out why btw

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

He was shit when he played.

No falling out imo, just dropped for being crap.

We've seen the last of him imo.

Blackburn away next week. If we lose (and there's every chance), he's probably back next home game. We have NOT seen the last of him, I promise you.

I still think he is the physical presence we are lacking in midfield actually. Give the bloke a chance ffs.

Headline slightly sensationalised by the evening post, but I’ve noticed a new trend by them to take a leaf out of the sun/mail approach to click baiting these days.....find out what is annoying the fans and go feed it....

Anyway, that’s a pretty honest and clear assessment by LJ in my opinion - one swallow does not a summer bring and after that Derby game you can’t argue he didn’t deserve dropping and the shirt has to be earned.

I’d argue that discipline is done behind doors, but with social media these days it must be virtually impossible, rumours and conjecture, it forces the club to come out and explain things and in turn they’re criticised for that. Fans equally don’t like a wall of silence.

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

Flooding. Coronavirus. Brexit. He’s got a lot to answer for.

Cases up to 209 in the UK. Johnson, ffs Not a clue in how to set up a defence. The hanky and the sanitiser gel were just SHIT measures so just own up to it for once.

New manager / coach needed. What's Corbyn up to these days?

oops soz, wrong Johnson.

10 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

I dont really see henrikson getting much game time between now and the end of the season, kinda like that swedish centre back ekstrand a few seasons ago. I hope he isnt costing much in wages.

Yea and Johnson said ekstrand was injured which he wasn't.

We really needed to bring a Central Midfielder on today to take off Massengo who was to lightweight and a liability at times did our bench really need 2 centre backs, right back and an attacking midfielder who sits on the bench to make up the numbers?

13 hours ago, Red Army 79 said:

We really needed to bring a Central Midfielder on today to take off Massengo who was to lightweight and a liability at times did our bench really need 2 centre backs, right back and an attacking midfielder who sits on the bench to make up the numbers?

Funny, I thought Massengo had his best game for ages. Really got stuck in, and never looked lightweight today!

Agree he did seem to become less involved as the second half went on though.

24 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Funny, I thought Massengo had his best game for ages. Really got stuck in, and never looked lightweight today!

Agree he did seem to become less involved as the second half went on though.

I only watched on TV but the number of times he lost the ball was winding me right up. I think he has ability but too often got eased off the ball yesterday. Either that or he took too long deciding what to do and got caught on the ball and lost it. 

22 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Did LJ really say "dropped, not good enough recently" because that is seriously not going to help anyone who has recently joined a football club.

Someone please tell me he didn't actually say it in this way.

Gregor has very deliberately put the words 'Wasn't good enough recently' within speech marks, so yes, it must be assumed to be a direct quote.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Walsh had another assist for Coventry yesterday, but LJ clearly has an aversion to playing 3 in CM so can't see how Walsh would fit in, just like Palmer does not. Such a waste on both counts.

I think the plan will be to play Walsh a lot next season. To play 3 midfielders, but also keep a 2 man strike force, LJ will have to go back to 352.

We saw how well it worked at the start of the season. Only changed from it because of Afobe injury.

I imagine Walsh could slot nicely into that system next season.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Gregor has very deliberately put the words 'Wasn't good enough recently' within speech marks, so yes, it must be assumed to be a direct quote.

You see this is where I find it justifiable in questioning Johnson; he goes on and on about the depths they go to in studying a player before and after they buy them; that they have the latest gadgets and technology. None of which is needed though to tell an average Joe that throwing someone in at the deep end almost from the get go is a high risk strategy. The guy has played no football for goodness knows how long, he tries his best, is clearly not ready for 30 minutes let alone 90 and so Johnson bombs him out. No bloody wonder the guy had a Barney McGrew.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He might have done in his tweet but in the post article that purports to be word for word says different ....

Screenshot_20200308-203613_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 08/03/2020 at 16:42, JonDolman said:

I think the plan will be to play Walsh a lot next season. To play 3 midfielders, but also keep a 2 man strike force, LJ will have to go back to 352.

We saw how well it worked at the start of the season. Only changed from it because of Afobe injury.

You may be right, but it really frustrates me that we have not genuinely tried playing 4-3-3, which would best suit the likes of Walsh and indeed Kasey Palmer.

7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

You may be right, but it really frustrates me that we have not genuinely tried playing 4-3-3, which would best suit the likes of Walsh and indeed Kasey Palmer.

Plus before him Hegeler (IMO). Pack too, I know he did well in the 4-1-4-1 which had Paterson as one of the central but we could've seen even more with it.

Would add Nagy, Massengo and yes quite possibly Henriksen in terms of 4-3-3.

Palmer? Unsure- unsure i'd play him in a 3, but if it was a 4-3-1-2 with Palmer as the '1' behind Wells and Weimann- and when he returns add Afobe to the mix, that could be very interesting.

Or if we still had Brownhill, could play Brownhill right, 2 CM's with Brownhill able to drift in as and when...4-4-1-1, Palmer behind either Afobe or Wells. Weimann right now or O'Dowda?

Lot of interesting tactical possibilities anyway.

On 08/03/2020 at 16:42, JonDolman said:

Well 3-5-2 only lasted half a game the last time he tried it. So I'm not sure if that is his masterplan.

We seem to have a surplus of CBs and two FBs who play well as wingbacks. Plus a mix of CMs who you would imagine suit a 3 rather than 2. Wells is a reasonable swap for Afobe's role.

If we can't make it work with this squad then it's hard to see how LJ could be aiming towards it for next season. 

35 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well 3-5-2 only lasted half a game the last time he tried it. So I'm not sure if that is his masterplan.

We seem to have a surplus of CBs and two FBs who play well as wingbacks. Plus a mix of CMs who you would imagine suit a 3 rather than 2. Wells is a reasonable swap for Afobe's role.

If we can't make it work with this squad then it's hard to see how LJ could be aiming towards it for next season. 

I’m not convinced Dasilva is good as a wingback in a 352/532.  A super attacking traditional left back in a back 4....Yep.

Archived