Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Gregor has very deliberately put the words 'Wasn't good enough recently' within speech marks, so yes, it must be assumed to be a direct quote.

You see this is where I find it justifiable in questioning Johnson; he goes on and on about the depths they go to in studying a player before and after they buy them; that they have the latest gadgets and technology. None of which is needed though to tell an average Joe that throwing someone in at the deep end almost from the get go is a high risk strategy. The guy has played no football for goodness knows how long, he tries his best, is clearly not ready for 30 minutes let alone 90 and so Johnson bombs him out. No bloody wonder the guy had a Barney McGrew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Gregor has very deliberately put the words 'Wasn't good enough recently' within speech marks, so yes, it must be assumed to be a direct quote.

He might have done in his tweet but in the post article that purports to be word for word says different ....

Screenshot_20200308-203613_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Chessels Chick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2020 at 16:42, JonDolman said:

I think the plan will be to play Walsh a lot next season. To play 3 midfielders, but also keep a 2 man strike force, LJ will have to go back to 352.

We saw how well it worked at the start of the season. Only changed from it because of Afobe injury.

I imagine Walsh could slot nicely into that system next season.

You may be right, but it really frustrates me that we have not genuinely tried playing 4-3-3, which would best suit the likes of Walsh and indeed Kasey Palmer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

You may be right, but it really frustrates me that we have not genuinely tried playing 4-3-3, which would best suit the likes of Walsh and indeed Kasey Palmer.

Plus before him Hegeler (IMO). Pack too, I know he did well in the 4-1-4-1 which had Paterson as one of the central but we could've seen even more with it.

Would add Nagy, Massengo and yes quite possibly Henriksen in terms of 4-3-3.

Palmer? Unsure- unsure i'd play him in a 3, but if it was a 4-3-1-2 with Palmer as the '1' behind Wells and Weimann- and when he returns add Afobe to the mix, that could be very interesting.

Or if we still had Brownhill, could play Brownhill right, 2 CM's with Brownhill able to drift in as and when...4-4-1-1, Palmer behind either Afobe or Wells. Weimann right now or O'Dowda?

Lot of interesting tactical possibilities anyway.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2020 at 16:42, JonDolman said:

I think the plan will be to play Walsh a lot next season. To play 3 midfielders, but also keep a 2 man strike force, LJ will have to go back to 352.

We saw how well it worked at the start of the season. Only changed from it because of Afobe injury.

I imagine Walsh could slot nicely into that system next season.

Well 3-5-2 only lasted half a game the last time he tried it. So I'm not sure if that is his masterplan.

We seem to have a surplus of CBs and two FBs who play well as wingbacks. Plus a mix of CMs who you would imagine suit a 3 rather than 2. Wells is a reasonable swap for Afobe's role.

If we can't make it work with this squad then it's hard to see how LJ could be aiming towards it for next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well 3-5-2 only lasted half a game the last time he tried it. So I'm not sure if that is his masterplan.

We seem to have a surplus of CBs and two FBs who play well as wingbacks. Plus a mix of CMs who you would imagine suit a 3 rather than 2. Wells is a reasonable swap for Afobe's role.

If we can't make it work with this squad then it's hard to see how LJ could be aiming towards it for next season. 

I’m not convinced Dasilva is good as a wingback in a 352/532.  A super attacking traditional left back in a back 4....Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...