IGNORED

Pre-match Entertainment/City legends

redordead1

One of the worst presentations I have ever seen. Luckily I had Ray Cashley sat in front of me and talked about that famous goal v Hull.  If this is how we celebrate our 125 years, glad I wont be here for the 200 !!! Bloody amatuerish  and players, managers should have been introduced to the supporters so we could have given them the appreciation they deserved

How frustrating was that. Was looking forward to seeing some old faces. As usual useless tannoy system  in the Dolman and why didn't they walk round the pitch? No good to me and others in the Dolman huddling in the corner of the South and Lansdown stands. Well done City yet another useless idea. Good game though. 

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I don't know.............but, wondered if it had something to do with the almighty Sky being there ?

Well if it was then that is even more of a mess up by BS.

15 minutes ago, eardun said:

The souvenir programme is very good though - reasonably priced too considering it also included the regular programme - all for a fiver.

Agree that the souvenir programme is good for a fiver.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was certainly popular with Fulham. One of their players tried to steal the shirt Fam was wearing.

Had to laugh in the SS concourse before the game . A guy went into the gents wearing the new shirt and as he came out he was taking it off over his head. It was almost as if he had put it on without seeing it, and then, seeing himself in the mirror while washing his hands ( for 20 seconds ) decided he looked a prat. Also funny today was a group of guys washing their hands in the bogs singing " happy birthday to you" 

It was a disgrace. The players were just bunched together in the corner of the South Stand / Lansdown. It wouldn’t have taken much effort to switch off the sprinklers and let them walk to the centre circle. 

The whole thing was a fiasco - I was even in the Lower Lansdown, and you couldn’t make out the players, so either watched their names appear on the screens, or tried to watch the legends walk out under the Heineken lounge!  You couldn’t do both as you would miss the name!

Why on earth couldn’t someone have read out their names - even get Adam Baker back ....

And I agree - introduce themselves from the tunnel, get them to walk to the middle of the pitch as their name was mentioned on the tannoy, and then they could all wave to the crowd before walking off.

Hopefully they were all given seats in hospitality,!!

Come on City - surely it wasn’t that difficult to get this right!  But yet again ......

6 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Looking forward watching to the “guess the player from the tiny circle” game ensue 

It’s Steve Flapper Phillips

I found the so called presentation absolutely embarrassing and cringeworthy 

What an insult to some greats - herded like sheep and Couldnt even be bothered to read their names out

Wow

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

125 years to plan that shambles....even the legends didn't seem to have a clue what was going on....very, very amateurish, I've seen better at village football clubs.

Really poor,  I was disappointed I expected them to be introduced individually and having their names and picture on the screen. How many of them travelled from some distance , and for what - a free meal?  They just seemed to be standing around and only Louis and Brian interviewed ( or was that the only two the interviewer  recognised?)At least the game was decent.

1 hour ago, Denbury Red said:

The whole thing was a fiasco - I was even in the Lower Lansdown, and you couldn’t make out the players, so either watched their names appear on the screens, or tried to watch the legends walk out under the Heineken lounge!  You couldn’t do both as you would miss the name!

Why on earth couldn’t someone have read out their names - even get Adam Baker back ....

And I agree - introduce themselves from the tunnel, get them to walk to the middle of the pitch as their name was mentioned on the tannoy, and then they could all wave to the crowd before walking off.

Hopefully they were all given seats in hospitality,!!

Come on City - surely it wasn’t that difficult to get this right!  But yet again ......

Couldn't agree more. Totally disrespectful to the former players, and to us fans who would have liked to thank them for their efforts over the years. From the centre of the South Stand I could only recognise a few players, just what the fans in the Dolman or the far end of the Lansdown could make out I dread to think. You couldn't watch the screen and the players  at the same time, even if the screen was synchronised with their entry, which it wasn't. At a bare minimum the players should have been announced individually, so that we could put a name to a face, and either come on to the pitch from the main tunnel and walked to the Heineken Lounge, or vice versa. When you consider some of the dross that fills up pre match  or even half time, surely some of the birthday announcements could have been omitted to provide a proper tribute to former players.

Whoever organised that display should collect their P45 in the morning.

Archived